The Secret World

Tenenza

It's an MMO, and everyone knows I can't describe stuff so here's the two parts I like about it.

Investigation Missions: This is the reason I play this game, basically, a ton of the quests are giant puzzles full of historical, mythological, scientific, engineering, occult, linguistic, musical or whatever references that extend way beyond what's presented in the game and require using your head (and Wikipedia), to solve. One of my favorite quests involved translating a text written in a mix of Hebrew and Arabic.

Story: The setting is Modern day, only every conspiracy, legend, myth, whatever, is at least partially true. Better brush up on your obscure viking mythology! Anyhow, the setting would mean nothing if it wasn't for how it's presented: The game gives you as little information as possible straight up, if you want answers you'll need to look for them, piece together clues, uncover lore, and talk to people. This is actually not as tedious as it sounds, because basically all real quests have fully voiced cut scenes and all NPCs are fully voiced, and usually really well written.

You can find a 10 day free trial on their website, so feel free to take a look.

• 2 weeks later...