OpenTTD

Datoneguy

https://www.openttd.org/en/

OpenTTD is an open source simulation game based upon the popular Microprose game "Transport Tycoon Deluxe", written by Chris Sawyer. It attempts to mimic the original game as closely as possible while extending it with new features. One of the biggest being multiplayer.

Bluescreen-opengfx-1920x1200.png

I remember playing this years ago, has anyone else ever touched it at all? I always loved starting up a company and clawing my way out of that debt at the beginning of the game, only to make millions with a successful transportation business. (Even making friends angry by buying them out...) I was actually thinking of setting up a server for it again at some point.

Anyone have stories to share if they've played this?

Oh yes, I've played the crap out of this one with one of my old friends. I really liked making Water and Human transport industries. If I had any complaint it's that the settlement system is very lacking, you don't get much benefit for investing in specific areas.

Guest Complete Garbage

I used to play this game a shitton. I kind of fell away from it after a while, but I'd love to get back into it. My favorite thing was creating unessicarily expensive and elaborate train networks, and even though I wasn't particularly good at it, I had a lot of fun. If you have the willingness and ability to set up a multiplayer game, I'd be happy to join.