meme review under spoiler

heat signature

header.jpg?t=1506438034

+ in spess

+ inflitrate ships

+ play as merc every round

-+ no furries

- spessmens arent 2d

Sorry for that forced meme, real reviews are just below.

Heat Signature

Summary:

Heat Signature is at first glance incredibly similar to Hotline Miami, atleast that's what I'm told because Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number is banned in Australia. Oh well.

When the game starts, you choose from four randomly generated characters sitting in a bar, all with their unique quirks and weapons.

All four of these characters have a personal mission, I.E "Kill the (faction name) officer who killed my (family or other person)", But the common objective of these four people is to spread the 'Independent' station's influence, freeing other stations from their faction. Your first action should be to select a randomly generated mission, and exit your space station. Your missions (at this stage of development) are usually to sabotage a ship, or assassinate someone aboard a ship. Every mission you complete earns you money, which you can use to buy new items and to pay a retired veteran mercenary to give you hints on your characters personal mission.

Everytime you die, your character is lost forever, and you can choose from another four randomly generated characters.

Gameplay:

I will be assuming that gameplay is everything after you leave your station and into your pod.

When you leave the station, your camera will zoom out and you will see the entire randomly generated galaxy. If you're on a mission a arrow will point you towards your objective, otherwise, its completely free roam and your free to fuck around with the factions.

When you approach a ship you can automatically or manually scroll in the camera, you must then try to attach onto the docking port while avoiding heat detectors, (Which only detect you if you are using a thruster.) in one of the most entertainingly fidgety processes I've ever experienced, (it feels so annoying when you almost latch onto the ship but narrowly miss it and bump off, yet when you smoothly latch onto the docking port in one smooth motion, it's incredibly satisfying!) Once you've docked onto the ship, you enter what is arguably the main segment of the game, infiltration. Every factions ships have different layouts, yet are all randomly generated.

During the infiltration phase, you need to complete your objective (if you have one), get out before the ship docks at a station (which can be stopped by killing the captain.), and then escape. Guards will react according to the situation, meaning it's possible to influence guards into traps, ambushes, or other deviations from their patrol path. Another core feature is the ability to stop time whenever you want, giving you time to plan your path and do really cool shit like pausing time and knocking out four guards with a wrench before they can fire a single shot. Once you have caused a bit of havok, you can choose to liberate a station, which can give you major benefits in the long run. My only complaint about this feature is how the game describes cool missions your character completes... without actually starting a mission on the station. This is a wasted opportunity in my opinion, as it almost teasing the player with tales of killing the leader of the station with dual wielded swords!

Final Rating:

8.5/10

One of the most fun games I've played in a while, fun gameplay, nice visuals, allows many different playstyles, and overall just good.

Thanks for reading my review, and please give feedback so I can help improve my chances of getting unbanned reviewing skills.

Heat Signature is at first glance incredibly similar to Hotline Miami
At first glance anyways, it's not really. Speaking as someone who's been playing both recently.

Heat Signature is ultimately fairly easy so long as you manage your resources properly, and only starts getting difficult when you run out or never had them in the first place, which is the fun part. While Hotline moiami works on kicking your ass from the get go regardless of all conditions. Very different games.

atleast that's what I'm told because Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number is banned in Australia.
Git rekt Australia New Zealand is better

Heat Signature is at first glance incredibly similar to Hotline Miami
At first glance anyways, it's not really. Speaking as someone who's been playing both recently.

Heat Signature is ultimately fairly easy so long as you manage your resources properly, and only starts getting difficult when you run out or never had them in the first place, which is the fun part. While Hotline moiami works on kicking your ass from the get go regardless of all conditions. Very different games.

atleast that's what I'm told because Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number is banned in Australia.
Git rekt Australia New Zealand is better

yeah but your gay anti cyber bullying law passed, so australia's better.