Warhammer 40,000 Appreciation Thread

Will this thread even get looked at a single time?

Does anyone on Aurora know a smidgen of lore about WH40k and want to discuss it?

Favorite chapter? Favorite faction?

ULTRAMARINE LOVERS NEED NOT APPLY

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Lamenters

The Lamenters are my second (sometimes first, It's hard to decide) faction after the Blood Angels.

The most hardcore, unlucky chapter of the cursed 21st founding. Poor guys. Unlike a lot of chapters, they actually care deeply for civilian casualties, and like their armor they have hearts of gold. Their slogan is as touching as their sad story. Their Chapter Master Malakim's name literally translates into Angel.

Our hats off to you, Lamenters. May you be found from the warp and return to the Imperium.

0b5b65ad601c756fd8a09ba0c7919211.jpg

"For those we Cherish, we die in Glory!." - Lamenter Creed

I primarily play Necrons, specifically, the Nekthyst dynasty. Due to the lore leaving lots of interpretations with this particular dynasty (to be more precise, we know they work with other races, and that they got blacklisted from all the Necron robo-parties for being treacherous in the distant past.), my faction of them is lead by Phaeron Hirasti, who has the peculiar malfunction of having an imminent sense of impending mortality; both for himself, and for the Necrons as a whole. As such, he believes that they only way for the Necrons to survive in any form is within the memories and legends of the lesser races, who will continue long after his mechanical race ceases to function. As a rather heroic character, he'd much prefer to be remembered in songs and legends, rather than the the darkest of nightmares; leading him to lay his protection over a good number of imperial worlds, some with and some without their knowledge. His interventions attracted the attention of the Ordo Xenos inquisitor Telaya Sorn, who investigated the occurrences, and forged an informal alliance with the warrior; albeit at the cost of being declared Excommunicate Traitoris by more traditional inquisitors. (This army rests at about 14,000 points)

Nekthyst.jpg

Further exploration of his local space revealed that a chapter of marines had made a secret fortress-monastery in a nearby star system; my second army, the Chaos Marine Blades Eternal. This is one of the chapters thought lost in the Abyssal Crusade, their status is listed as unknown in imperial archives. Despite their mutations, they are still firmly followers of the Imperial Creed; and while they are feared and attacked by the Imperium's populace, that has done nothing to dampen their zeal to defend their people from the threat of Chaos; at the side of the Necrons or not. (Around 3,000 points.)

I also have a growing High Elf army. (I'mma do this in Warscrolls to piss you guys off. 11 Warscrolls.)

You may or may not have already seen this, if not, here you go:

All my ULTRASMURFS hate comes from Matt Ward writing them to be the savior-childs of the Imperium just because he liked them so much, and making sure they always did greater feats than other chapters, ruining the lore up a bit because of his personal likes and dislikes.

Pic unrelated, a real angel for the Imperium, Commander Dante. This guy is so old, even the other Chapter Masters remember him being Chapter Master when they were still scouts.

SoB_Ex_Dante.png

• 3 weeks later...

Still too poor for tabletop, but if I had money, I would prolly go with Ulthwe Eldar or Tau. Just love the high tech feel they have and Howling Banshees are pretty hot.

Other than that, my favorite chapter are Dark Templars, aka. Teutons in space.

I play Dark Eldar not as pain harvesting torturefuckers but moreso as simple space pirates since I don't use haemonculi units because they're just too evil

archangel station is a warhammer 40k ss13 server that's been going pretty crazy lately but luckily it's still somewhat playable

I know a lot of warhammer shit and own like a million warhammer books (I recommend Nightbringer)

etc.

• 5 weeks later...

I play a splinter fleet from Hive Leviathan. Bugs all the way. :F

The Overmind will end you all. The Great Devourer, legion of hunger and swarm of destruction, cannot be escaped. We are the wake of the fall. In our shadow, tremble in insanity and fear from our unified voice.

• 2 months later...