Internal Affairs Office #314 - SA Zion Thrusk

OOC Administration Concerns

I'm sorry to say that this doesn't exactly fly. The way you've gone about this essentially says "Hey, look, I'm going to be a CCIA without officially being CCIA." This already exists, and you cannot simply bypass an established team and system without at least nudging the people in charge of said team and asking them about it.

I've spoken to FT on this, and by no means did he ever actually clear this idea. If anything, he was indifferent to it, and expected it to be a much smaller thing than you are now aiming for. One of the chief concerns he raised was the fact that this would require CONSTANT CCIA monitoring and handling, thus entirely defeating the purpose of "lightening their workload". This would only mean more of their resources divided to keeping track of this idea. From Discord:

The CCIA are not overwhelmed, folks have been a little slow getting back to it after the xmas break. But I am starting to crack the whip and bring in new blood after I broke my hand and was away for a bit.

The exact quote FT gave me regarding what he told you was such:

To clarify my exact position. I am not for or against. Given all the things I can see with it. I am curious but aloof. Not seeing any reason to support or veto. But if the wider server wants it. I am willing to bring more attention to it via staff means and have an honest chat about all its potenial benifits and issues.

The fact that you proceeded to name-drop him in the suggestion thread as having been highly supportive of this is fairly upsetting, and the untruthful name-drop is considerably unwelcome. Besides this, both FT and the administration are quite concerned. You were given an inch and you took a mile with what honestly seems to be a very half-baked and poorly thought out idea that seems to only boil down to you wanting to organize yet another group that will serve little to no bearing on the course of server play. As it stands, we would be fine with this if it were knocked back down to what you originally proposed to FT; A much smaller repository of reports and incidents, and not a runaway DOs group as you are currently aiming for. Closing thoughts from FT:

The repository would still need to be picked over and taken apart to see if it would work and ways to manage and avoid potential issues, which is why I wanted it pitched to suggestions in the first place so I could see if the community would even want it before wasting staff time on even looking in on if it could work.

hello, this office was built as an example of what an Office could look like if the suggestion is received well??? And I did not say he was overly supportive, my only mention of FT was this:

"Okay so I pitched this idea to ForgottenTraveller and he wanted me to put it here to see what you all thought."

And you can see me saying this was an example of what an office could look like (as the suggestion discusses formatting, and I was not going to suggest something without a possible product of the suggestion's inception) here: https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7709#p74513

Once again, the 'Administration' is more of an 'Adminifailure' that cannot simply message someone and ask them a question, and makes constant assumptions which completely end in them making an idiot of themselves.

Congratulations on once again proving yourself inept, you're really taking to your BYOND name, Aimless.

hello, this office was built as an example of what an Office could look like if the suggestion is received well??? And I did not say he was overly supportive, my only mention of FT was this:

"Okay so I pitched this idea to ForgottenTraveller and he wanted me to put it here to see what you all thought."

And you can see me saying this was an example of what an office could look like (as the suggestion discusses formatting, and I was not going to suggest something without a possible product of the suggestion's inception) here: https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7709#p74513

Once again, the 'Administration' is more of an 'Adminifailure' that cannot simply message someone and ask them a question, and makes constant assumptions which completely end in them making an idiot of themselves.

Congratulations on once again proving yourself inept, you're really taking to your BYOND name, Aimless.

You know. Attacking staff is not going to get your ideas approved by our team, and the admins.

My biggest issue is that it'll prolong our sometimes difficult to schedule IR's as is by adding more complex steps to it.

IAA is not meant to be a substitute to the CCIA. And having your job roll over to other rounds is not something we support, your job starts, and ends at the end of your shift - What doesn't stop is your characters personality, and character development.

Let me explain it this way:

Lets say UristMcAurora breaks company regulations, and spends the entire round being hunted down by security.

UristMcAurora was not an antagonist, but had proper build up to his actions.

Security would not pursue him in another shift, and here's why:

1. If he broke regulations, and an IR was opened against him, in theory he would not be present on the next shift.

2. Everyone starts off on a blank slate.

3. You have no way to confirm if they were an antag that round, and that's where CCIA, and admins come in.