Thanksgiving Feast

(Not sure when the best time would be to do this. Conspiir and I were thinking maybe the day before Thanksgiving in the afternoon sometime when we are both on. Thoughts?)

Attention Captain and Head of Personnel. This is Ka’Akaix’Zed Zo’ra. I have just been informed that there is a human holiday approaching called Thanksgiving. I have been told that it is an important day for you humans. Since food seems to be a big part of it, I have instructed the Ka’Viax’Kee Zo’ra and Ka’Viax’Kii Zo’ra prepare a feast in honor of this holiday, in an attempt to further relations between the Vaurca and Humanity. Since I know nothing of human cuisine, I leave it to them to make preparations. I have attached here an audio message from them and myself with more details. I trust they will do a satisfactory job. Thank you for your time.

Okay, you two. Juzzt zzpeak into thizz microphone here.

Like thizz, Wizze Mazzter?

Yezz, yezz. Be quick now. I am buzy.

Yezzir.

KeeKii making zzpecial annouzement vor all crew. KeeKii want do big treat vor human Givingzz Day.

Yezz. KiiKee make many tazztyzz vor crew. Make mazzhed taterzz and big clucker and clucker zztuvving. Kee promizze Kii not make big zzlimezz. Not have to zzlay.

Kee not promizze, but try. KeeKii need many cluckerzz and grower to make vegzz. Azzk vor builderzz to make big table at bar or vanzy picture room.

Kzon and Zed zzay izz good idea to do zzpecial treatzz vor zzpecial human day. Tell KiiKee to do good job. KiiKee alwayzz do good jobzz. Make humanzz, zzkrellyzz, lizzardzz, fuzzyzz and robutzz like Vaurca. Let Vaurca zztay long timezz. Make Queenzz happy.

Izz KeeKii job to make happy. KeeKii azzking captain and head mazzter zzir to let KeeKii do zzpecial treat day.

Translation: Kee and Kii are to (attempt to) host a Thanksgiving event for the crew. They require a gardener to be on shift so they have ingredients, and a couple engineers to make a table in the bar/holodeck to accommodate the crew. I ask that you consider this proposal, as it will be a stepping stone to better relations between our species. Thank you for your time.

Ka’Viax’Kee Zo’ra and Ka’Viax’Kii Zo’ra,

This sounds like an amazing idea! I'm very impressed by your knowledge and awareness of human culture.

I think this should be an effective means of boosting morale for the crew. If you tell me a time and date, I will do my best to make sure the garden is tended to, and I will push through any redecoration needs we have. (Imagine, one really long table! This will be so much fun!)

Please let me know when you are planning on doing this, and I'll do my best to support you. Thanks for your hard work!

-Ellie Shoshanna, Head of Personnel, NSS Aurora

They plan to host this event the day before Thanksgiving (11/22/59) around 3-4 p.m. station time (EST depending on when rounds end/start). I would imagine hosting this on Thanksgiving--while most of the crew is off-station celebrating--would be rather pointless. If this is satisfactory, I will have them make preparations immediately. My thanks, Dr. Shoshanna.

-Ka'Akaix'Zed Zo'ra, Medical Resident, NSS Aurora

They plan to host this event the day before Thanksgiving (11/22/59) around 3-4 p.m. station time (EST depending on when rounds end/start). I would imagine hosting this on Thanksgiving--while most of the crew is off-station celebrating--would be rather pointless. If this is satisfactory, I will have them make preparations immediately. My thanks, Dr. Shoshanna.

-Ka'Akaix'Zed Zo'ra, Medical Resident, NSS Aurora

((Okidoki. I'm west coast kind of and work until 4 pm, so I will not be online until 6 your time. Best of luck though and I hope to see the tail end of things!!!))

View attached audio log?

Greetingz, thiz iz Ka’Akaikz’Kzon Zo’ra of Diztrict Nine. I zpeak for the Aurora cookz Kee and Kii. They… are very pleazed with how their feazt turned out yezterday. They are, vh-ffor Vaurca… “Bounzing off the wallz”. Zed iz wrangling them now, zo I took the time to give thankz to you all. I underztand it iz a very old human tradizon, but it iz one all otherz can relate to. Food and thankffulnezz. Zo on behalf of the four of uz, thank you.

They keep going on about making enouff ffood for an entire planet. If only we could get them to do the zame here. But they are not that way. Human food iz what they do. That being zaid, if there are any other human tradizonz you would like food zupplied for… I know they will do a fine job.

Kzon! I don’t want to have to do thizz again!

… Zorry, it’z very fun watching thiz. Any and all holidayz. Human, Zkrell, Tajaran, Unathi, make up one az an IPZee, they will be on put on the zhuttle to Aurora if you need them.

KZON!

They’ll even do birthdayz. You get them the zuppliez, you will have enough food for weekz.

DEAR.

I muzt go. Have a pleazant day, and I hope you have given much thankz.

- Ka’Akaix’Kzon Zora