The story of Junky

Lying motionless on the ground, he’d unexpectedly awake from his deep slumber. Glancing around at his current situation, clueless of how he got there or who he was, where he was. Unable to move, do to the lack of limbs on his body. He’d lay there, looking up at the metallic ceiling. Slowly he lifted his head up, looking around at his surroundings. Confined in a small windowless room with various robotic parts and electronics. Vents hum quietly as the light above him flickers.

“Where is I?” he thought. A more important question was “Who is I?” He stated out loud this time. Startling himself by the sound of his own voice. Suddenly a door would open revealing a metallic figure with a screen on his face.

“Hello! You’re online!” stated the metallic figure.

“What?” the limbless body stated.

“I said, You’re online! Isn’t that wonderful!”

The metallic figure would bend down and pick up the limbless robot. “Come on, we got to get you up and walking!”

“Wait.. where are we?” Stated the torso.

“You’re on my Junker ship!” the figure stated, walking out of the room carrying the torso.

As the entered a new room, there would be three others, two of which are metallic and the other with skin, all of them sitting at a table. “Who are you?” The torso queried.

The metallic computer faced person looked to him and stated. “Well, I am ABot100, Synthetic Intelligence Movement Activist!”

Walking into a separate room, and sitting the limbless robotic torso on the table.

“Hey, 01010010!” ABot100 exclaimed.

Another computer faced individual would walk into the room, with a box of electronics, legs, arms, hands, and feet, a mix of rusted and new parts. Working fast, attaching the limbs as if he has done it, many times before.

“That’s R, our ship Roboticist. Hired him to rebuild IPCs like you. He only speaks in Binary but understands Ceti Basic,” ABot100 stated. Before he realizes his limbs were attached, mix-matched rusted and new parts, different brands from different companies.

The no longer limbless IPC would sit up, testing out his new limbs. ABot100 sat next to him and queried. “So, you got a name yet?”

“A name?” The IPC queried.

Seeming almost shocked, “Have you not picked a name, this entire time?” ABot100 queried. Looking around at his situation, looking at the rusted parts lying around on this junker ship, and piles of trash lying around.

“Junky, my name is Junky,” Junky stated.

“Well Junky, you’re free now, free to adventure the galaxy!” ABot100 exclaimed.

They would exit the room, they had previously entered, the other robotic figures sitting at the table looking at him. Each one clothed, except Junky and the industrial robotic looking figure. “Where do I get clothes? Like the rest of you have?” Junky queried. ABot100 then picked up a pair of blue denim overalls and a pair of sandals.

“Here you go, something to cover those wires of yours.” ABot100 stated. Then also picking up a armband with the words Synthetics Intelligence Movement, on it.

“Take this as well, it’s why you’re free.” ABot100 stated.

Putting on the clothing and armband, Junky would suddenly begin to feel as if he has gotten a spot in the Galaxy just for him. Gifted the ability to be free straight after his awakening.

“Who are the others?” Junky asks, pointing to the others in the room.

Abot100 would point to each one telling their story, he first points to the Industrial IPC with no clothing.

“That's Hammer, the ship’s Industrial Engineer, he was with me, when we spaced the organics on this ship.” He'd state, then pointing to the black-bearded Shell IPC.

“Then we got, Jeremiah. Our ships main Security, we picked him up from another station shortly after we spaced the organics.” He'd state once more, moving to the next Baseline IPC

“Once again, we have 01010010 or R in Binary, our ships Roboticist, he was free to begin with, he wanted to help us out.” He'd state then pointing to himself.

“I'm Abot100, I pilot this Junker ship and collect robotics and electronics for SIM.” He'd extend his arm out to shake Junky’s hand.

“Welcome aboard Junky.”

Junky was hesitant at first, but would then grasp his hand firmly, shaking. The clank of metal colliding.

“Thank you.” Junky would state.

“Where you all heading anyways?” He queried.

“To the Frontier Colonies! We heard about entire colonies of free IPC, we want to see if it's true.” Jeremiah stated.

Abot100 walking away into another room. “Time to be a pilot again, say.. Junky, we are going to go ahead a drop you off at Mendell City here in Tau Ceti, we are kinda in rush.”

“A rush?” Junky queried, “What do you mean?” He queried once more.

“Well, we usually drop newly freed IPC off at Mendell City, to help with the Synthetics Intelligence Movement, in showing the presence of free IPC in a more accepting system. But as well, we are also being hunted by the Biesel police force, so we gotta do this quick and be on our way!” He exclaimed, sitting in the cockpit.

The others sat there at the table, looking bored.

“Oh, oh well…” he stated, then sitting at the table waiting to be dropped off. Sitting and thinking of his freedom, what he would do with it.

Jeremiah would chuckle at him. “Careful with your thoughts there pal! We can see them on your screen!” He exclaimed, laughing. Junky would cover his screen as if he was embarrassed.

“It seems we got a problem with a ship’s engine again!” Abot100 shouted from the cockpit. “Can you fix it, Hammer?” He queried.

Hammer, the naked Industrial IPC, stood up, he blue light beaming back and forth.

“Affirmative.. Hammer can fix about anything.” Hammer stated. He clanked and thumped to the lower level of the ship. “It shall be fixed shortly.”

The sounds of the engine starting up and shutting off, were loud and obnoxious, because it's the only sounds he could here in space. The hums of vents, the engine running, machinery clanking and computers beeping. Shortly after, the engine would start up and continue to run. Hammer would return to the room, and sit back down. “The engine has been fixed..” He stated.

“Thank you again, Hammer, you never have failed us once!” Abot100 shouted from the cockpit of the ship. “We will get you to Mendell City in no time, Junky! Hand you some Standard Credits and let you be on your way.” He stated.

----

Flying down into Biesel was no problem for our travelers, as they were quick in doing so. The ships engine no longer became the only thing heard, as wind hit the ship at all sides. The presence of gravity on the planet soon became stronger, feeling more heavy as a robot than in space. Looking out one of the small ship port windows, a marvelous city could be seen from amazing heights. The orange sky, indicating the rising of the sun, what seemed to also be thousands of skyscrapers and small buildings surrounding them. One of the more noticable things of the city, was the thousands of moving dots on the streets, and colorful vehicles. The buildings didn’t look like Earthly buildings, they had to be structurally built to be supported on the planet, do to the difference of the gravity. But skyscrapers they were…

“We arrived?” Stated Junky.

“Yes! We are here in the most populated cities in the Galaxy! Mendell City!” He exclaimed from the cockpit. The city and its large glorious nature, various buildings going on for what seemed miles and miles. Small suburbs to large skyscrapers, clean city streets to cracked beaten up suburban streets and buildings. As the ship came closer the view of the buildings became clearer. The letters N.T. are noticeable on a distant skyscraper.

“We’re landing in District 12, also known as Xavier District, it’s technically a residential district, because of the amount of apartments and dorms for the Nano-Trasen’s institutions for their students. You should be able to get a job somewhere, learn some stuff, get a place to live, and you'll be on your way!” Exclaimed Abot100 shouting from the cockpit. The junker ship would suddenly come to a landing. Jeremiah stood up from the table and pressed a button on the wall, a door slid open. Jeremiah spoke, “There ya go, pal. Xavier District of Mendell City.. a beauty, isn’t it?”

Junky stood in the doorway, staring out into the fresh world, “It is..” Junky stated.

Abot100 walks out of the cockpit, “Here you go.. 100 Standard Credits, that should get started on your new adventure.. You’re welcome.”

“Thank you..” Junky stated, accepting his offer into his hands. As people walked by, they stared at the ship and all the IPC inside, some looked disgusted, others surprised, and confused. Abot100 looked out at them, “We better get going, a junker ship usually does not land in this area, they might get suspicious.” He stated. Junky walked out of the ship, onto the concrete base below his feet. Looking back at the other IPC.

“Goodbye.” Junky stated, waving his rusty arm. The others waved back, “Good luck out there, Junky.” Stated Jeremiah. “It can be harsh, but you should live past these organics, with enough maintenance.” Abot100 stated, disappearing back into the ship. The door on the ship slid closed. A last wave goodbye. The ship then lifted off the ground, and took off into the sky.

Junky, alone in Mendell City, a rusted IPC wearing overalls and sandals. People stared at him on the side of the street, as he walked in the center. Not paying attention, he acts almost as if he’s in shock, never seeing a world such as this, with a time span of an hour or two. So much to perceive in such little time. Suddenly a loud noise would startle Junky, the sound of a honking car. He’d see the sleek silver electric car, staring at it, as he would walk out of the way and onto a sidewalk. A big headed figure, shouting, “Hey! This is a road! Get out of the way, you rusted pile of junk!”

Junky wouldn’t care of the words that were said of the figure, he couldn’t believe where he was standing. Big letters such as NT would stand out to him, on building sides, large electronic billboards advertising Nano-Trasen Corporate Conglomerate. His blue screen would be loading white text at 100 miles per hour. Slowly walking down the sidewalk as electric cars drive by, and shuttle taxis fly over head, people of all races, walking down the sidewalk, across the streets. He’d turn the corner of a building seeing a large digital sign, advertising, '"NanoTrasen is the leader in all things Phoron... And more! Across the galaxy we provide the finest Phoron-combustion generators and Phoron byproducts, such as the Supermatter engines and singularity fields to bring power to your neighborhood! We continue to make significant advances in other major fields ranging from the hydroponics, to genetic research, to information technology and robotics! As a proud employee of our corporation, we encourage you to take active part in continuing to advance our our scientific knowledge for the good of the human race, and your pay check!" He was particularly interested in the next advertisement that shown up. “The NanoTrasen Corporate Conglomerate Space Station Aurora, the best Phoron Research and Mining Facility in Tau Ceti. Please go to your nearest NTCC Representatives Office to get your space on the NSS Aurora, all are welcome. TODAY!” Junky started to shutter in his metal frame, rust particles falling to the ground. People once again stared at him. He quickly started looking around for any sign of the Office. Low and behold, the Office was the building he had been looking at for the past 10 minutes.

Walking inside the sleek building, red carpeted floors, and lavender painted walls. A lady sit at a her desk, in the center of the room.

“Hello there! You interested in NanoTrasen?” She said, sitting at her desk.

Junky nodded, his shuttering stopped. “I am interested in a job!” he stated. The lady looked up from her computer, looking surprised. “Oh.. an IPC? Looking for a job? That is quite unusual for a robot.” She said.

Junky looked down at the ground, seeming confused for a moment. “But, I’m free.” Junky stated.

“Come again? You said, free? How many free robots are there now?” She asked. Junky shrugged at the rhetorical comment.

“Okay, well, where you looking for a job? Corporate, Research, Biomedical, Secur-” She was immediately cut off by Junky.

“Research.” Junky stated.

“Alright, and what sta-”

Junky Interrupted “Aurora.” He stated. The lady fell silent for a moment, staring at him, shaking her head.

“Alright… then, do you have a form of .. Identification?” she said, with a confused expression on her face. Junky stood there, motionless.

“Identification?” He queried.

The lady nodded. “ You know, like a card? Because.. Your free? Right?” she said.

Junky nodded. “Yes! I am free.”

“Yes, but. ID? - Look, I’ll make this easy for you. Give me at least 100 Standard Credits and I’ll give you the Janitorial positions on the NSS Aurora.” The lady demanded.

Junky started to shutter, pulling out a wad of 100 Standard Credits and extending his rusty arm to give it to her. The lady would look surprised, “I wasn’t expecting you to pull out 100 Credits… Nevermind that.” She pulled out a paper from a desk drawer. “Sign here, and you are a guaranteed Janitor!” she shouted.

Junky took a pen off the desk, and wrote, Junky on the line. She took the paper, looking at him and at the paper.

“Okay.. then… Junky, let me send this to the NTCC Odin, and they will fax it over to the NSS Aurora, and all you have to do is, find a shuttle to take you there.”

Junky stopped shuttering once more, and nodded. He thought to himself, “That was easy.” The lady at the desk would stare at his screen, “That.. was.. Easy?” Junky would look up, so that she couldn't see his screen.

“Just get out, you rusted computer!” She shouted loudly. Junky would quickly walk out, yelling “Thanks!” bumping into the door, because he forgot he actually needed to look at the ground to walk forward, and know where he was going.

The next day, Junky searched around Xavier District to find the shuttle to take him to the NSS Aurora. After hours of searching, he would finally find the shuttle.

He boarded the shuttle, with a few other people, and that shuttle took them to Odin, and they issued his ID and PDA, along with the standard uniforms, he’d then board the shuttle to NSS Aurora, and his first shift would start. Welcome to the NSS Aurora, Janitor Junky.

OOC - Sorry for my poor grammar, I personally don't think Im good with grammar or story writing. I have ideas but Its hard to write them out. I hope you guys like Junky's story.

Edited by Promanguy1223