Cassy Hendricks - Feedback

Hello, I play Cassy Hendricks. My only character I will probably ever play for a long while. I've been playing on the server for a while and figured I've made my little mark somewhere and wanted to know people's thoughts and opinions on both my character and the general mindset of her. I enjoy making my characters unpredictable and weird and to leave an impression if possible.

Please let me know what you think of my escapades and just your general thoughts.

I like the character. My interaction with her's been limited, but, she gives off that feel you could expect from a youthful individual in a non-serious position (Botany, or an Assistant, if I remember right).

It can sometimes seem to go a little far and even display 'meme'-like behavior, but that's just my opinion, and I'm sure that's due to anyone displaying wacky or unusual tendencies to be thrown in with the meme-group given this is SS13.

RIght, i've never done a character review, well not in this sense, i've analysed characters before, but usually they are a side note rather than the focus. anywho get ready for a barrage of jumbled thoughts and opinions. right guess ill start off with my overall opinion, which is a positive one, your character makes sense in the game, and their actions reflect what would be expected of their age, and general personality. including the negative counterparts to that, for example being stubborn as hell. however i feel the disdain for authority figures, while understandable and justified, with what i've pieced together of your backstory from overhearing conversations and talking to you. can feel a slight bit over the top or un needed at times, but whoo, teenage rebellion! your character responses feel natural, either you know your character well, or your character bears a similarity to you, either way, the majority of interactions feel natural and immersive. critiques of the character, well i cant really think of many apart from previously mentioned and how god damn stubborn you are with your backstory! take this as being good at drip feeding information, and having an intriguing backstory, or at least the illusion of one hah. but anywho overall, good character.

Haleigh sticking up for her when the officer was going way too hard has to be one of my favorite interactions. She's a really rad character and it's nice spotting her name in the crew manifest each round. I also like that you haven't made her perfect, her drug dependency background and fear of robots raise further questions that I hope we'll get answers to sometime.

her drug dependency background and fear of robots raise further questions [...]

fear of robots?

Oh, I didn't know that. And I play mainly IPCs.

I play Yisheng-6, and I know the prescription Hendricks has by heart (making sure to nag the chemist to fulfill it).

I sometimes play SSF-840, the chef, who gets to interact with Hendricks way more often.

I've experienced a certain grudge, but didn't realize it's because of a fear of robots. I thought it's because Hendricks doesn't like to work, and the chef needs her to grow veggies.

The reason could have been made more obvious.

Otherwise, it's a memorable character (which means you're definitely doing it right).

Your all awesome. :D Seriously this character would be no where near as good if it weren't for the interesting individuals she meets and is shaped by, I'm glad it's been positive, really warms the heart since I try to put a lot of effort into my characters, so thank you all. See you all in game for more awesome adventures. <3 And Jais, you love Cas really even if she is on the edge of driving Jais insane.

I see a lot of positive feedback here. And I agree with most if not all of it.

So I'm going to give some negative feedback:

Cassy Hendricks is not a good Botanist.

She's fun to interact with, yes, and will often grow some plants. But she usually gives up after about 10-15 minutes or so, and doesn't grow a very large variety. While I understand this is probably because you've long since gotten bored of the role itself, and would rather go RP, I would suggest simply going assistant. As it is, by going Botanist, you discourage others from doing it, since they think there's already on aboard, but at the same time don't really do the job. Is it an important job? No, but it's still annoying as chef that I can't expect to have anything/much of anything from botany when I see your name on the manifest, beyond maybe 5-10 from 5-7 different plants.

I'll give you some insight into my routine, when a new shift starts I usually check to see if theres a chef, if not I usually go and interact with people but I grow 3 apple trees in case I need food or to make small parcels and give them too people, if there is a chef I plant all the possible plants I think they could want from apples to tomatoes and everything in between, I usually then go and finish my routine and find rp since theres no point in watching them grow, after a good 5-10 minutes I usually come back harvest all the plants and drop the off at kitchen, rinse and repeat since Botany is usually a lonely job and when another gardener is around they seem quite content on growing and experimenting on there own, so I usually come back every while to help out and deliver another load, but yeah it's true there is no point in sitting Botany all the time. If it's just me and another chef I usually give them the usual plants I think they would want/need and if they need more I let them use the department frequency and they always ask what they want there, I then go and grow it. That's all I can say really, that's what I do as my routine usually.

• 2 weeks later...

until recently i hadn't had much interaction with cassy, but since i began playing IPC, i've had some fun and interesting interactions with her. It's allways fun to see you around, and i think that cassy is a ery interesting character, considering the fragments of her backstory that i know. Overall she is very enjoyable to RP with, and you do a great job at it. Keep up the good work.