I haven't interacted much with Al-Bastaki and had few interactions with Hawkins, yet they seem both incredibly well done and incredibly believable. Observing them work or simply interact with others is always a treat, too. However, I can't give an in-depth feedback since I haven't interacted with either of them in a deeper level, but they're both impressive and super developed from what I've witnessed.

And I have to admit that it sometimes feels like an honor to get to RP with Hawkins (even briefly), mostly due from the respect I've seen other players have towards him. They're definitely models that I hope to achieve with my own characters.

One of the major woes of Captainship is sometimes the difficulty to have interaction with many, mostly due to the vastness of the station and the nature of emergencies that require Hawkins express attention. That's not to say I don't try. In actuality, I've written out a schedule for Raymond, wherein it helps regulate his time during a round. Especially in regards to science, granted I had the means and nothing that required my attention, I'd have given science 15 minutes to prepare themselves to personally showcase their work. Perhaps maybe next time.

You can also find Hawkins at odd ends of the station. Some people actually know where he takes his breaks and do seek him out there when he ever says he's taking a break.

• 1 month later...

Random snippet of information that might be worthy of discussion.

Raymond is from a system that borders around the outer and middle colonies, but technically in the outer colonies. I haven't decided on a fixed number of generations but I'd say it's been developed over a period of six generations.

The system itself has a minor Sol outpost and acts as some form of hub, which has given the population a more pro-Sol sentiment compared to the Outer Colonies as a whole.

There's a lot more to it that I've written down and developed personally. I doubt I'll divulge more at this time unless prompted.

• 1 month later...

Raymond is much more attentive than me, goddamnit

anyways, all interactions I've had with Raymond are positive, occasionally there's some difficulty with communication but I don't think that's too big of a problem to worry about, especially if you learn to trust them.

can you be a lot more racist to create some conflict pls

He is to a certain degree. Yesterday when handing bonuses he gave a Human 8 times more than the none Humans. He also very rarely selects non-human interims.

I don't view racism as something that has to be obvious and flamboyant.

can you be a lot more racist to create some conflict pls

He is to a certain degree. Yesterday when handing bonuses he gave a Human 8 times more than the none Humans. He also very rarely selects non-human interims.

I don't view racism as something that has to be obvious and flamboyant.

Next time you purge the vending machines get rid of a IPC as well

I can't provide any feedback for Khaled, haven't really seen them.

As for Raymond, I think he's a pretty good character. I haven't had a chance to interact a whole lot with him much, but judging by the manifest, what little interaction I've had, and some of his records, I think he's got a solid foundation as a character. Seems pretty believable, which honestly, I consider one of the most important aspects in an HRP server. Not to say that you can't have a nontraditional character--for example, Preston Prestoff, or Paul Bird. It just needs to be done well.

Hoping to see more interaction between him and my characters.

• 7 months later...

I think it’s fair to say Raymond has been retired for the foreseeable future. For now Khaled Al-Bastaki is my primary character.

I have a lot of characters, most I try to keep them private and even to a degree delete some of them if I feel too many people know them.

• 11 months later...