Feedback - Sean Richter

Guest Complete Garbage

Certainly a lot better than most of the ATLAS wardens I know of. I had an especially fun rev round with him a couple days ago, and I feel like he's a good character and that his ATLAS beliefs, where they show, are done in a manner which doesn't seem excessive or forced (i.e. "Gas the xenos, burn the synths," and that kind of thing, which a few characters do). I haven't really had too much interaction with him personally, mostly just observing his radio conversations and etc., but from what I've seen, Richter's a good character on the whole.

• 1 month later...

This isn't a criticism of Richter but a suggestion about a direction you could take the character: I don't know a lot about ATLAS but did sit in on a lengthy discussion hosted by Richter recently in the bar. I get the impression Richter is the public face of ATLAS, and he's extremely good at spin, but is also opposed to some beliefs others might call "core tenets" of ATLAS. I think that the extremist wing of ATLAS wouldn't be so happy with some of the undercutting and diluting Sean does to the human supremacy part of the ATLAS agenda. I would expect those extremists to have it out publicly with Richter, or kidnap him, or some other intrigue. Admins should consider some sort of multi-day event arc involving ATLAS fighting out its internal policies/demons, and whether human supremacy ... or Sean Richter as head of ATLAS ... is done for. Some sort of party convention + mercs or something.

Ive got a few opinions on him.

One, hes a good guy. He is debatably a kind person. This makes me like him as a person, but I find it unrealistic for a viciously rising ATLAS hos to be such a casual fun guy. Hes not at all a bad character, i just kind of see him more as uncle richter instead of my captain. If thats what youre going for, thats fine... just dont embarrass atlas.

by being such a lizardfucker

5beb58cc63c2a319192534b69324aa46.png

Had a conversation on extended as a synthetic, accompanied by some Skrell and spectating humans.

Richter is a subtly dangerous man, and his ambitions and vague callousness would probably make me scared of him in real life.

He's well written though, just kind of... off, on closer inspection. This has to do with ATLAS, so, hey, maybe that's just how it is.

I've had extensive interactions with Sean RIchter. I can't think of any of them that have been bad and multiple good ones. Mostly as my IAA Silas Reede but also as Scientist Adam Harrow.

As Silas I've had great interactions with him and often in conjunction with the captain Elanor Shen, regarding corporate policies and his political affiliation. I was also present when he was made the head of the Biesel affiliation of ATLAS and he did that quite well. Overall a very believable character who is polite and often kind, but has a hard and determined side that comes out when required.

I've only really had one interaction with him as Adam Harrow, but it was a great one as it was the first time I met another moderate ATLAS character.

It always bothers me that almost all people who RP ATLAS goes full on Nazism. When reading the ATLAS lore page it gives them so many other ways of supporting ATLAS than being a viciously genocidal human supremacist. Adam Harrow is an ATLAS supporter due to their pro-frontier policies and whilst he isn't a fervent xenophile he certainly don't hate the alien species. Sean Richter shows the nuance of the ATLAS party and helps dispel the preconception that arguably has been purposefully grown of them as space Nazis.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad to see Sean as a rising star to HoS and now Captain, he's a wonderful character!

There was a round where he was the HoS and some vaurca came asking for weapons from science, now this was after the whole vaurcan invasion (was it even canon or just a rev round?) and Joe messaged him asking if he should just hand them over. Now he said no but because a sec cadet was with them he changed his mind, now I still have no idea what all went down but I'm sure Richter had it handled. Though I did expect a bit more racism since he's ATLAS and we were both human and all the vaurcae were on the same Hivenet, how can they really be trusted if the Lii'aix(?) are known to be masters of infiltration? Now I totally understand you've gotta watch the racism but when the bugs, cats and ligs are away... well subtly help humans realize the dangers of the Xeno Menace, fear helps boost ATLAS membership I'm sure.