One year - Cherish feedback

Victor choked down his morning fistful of pills with a glass of water before turning to his personal assistant.

He chuckled, "You really don't need to be watching me when I'm doing my bathroom duties, Cherish."

He was met with that familiar, shrill beep as the pink screen in his face flickered with annoyingly bright excitement. "Last time I left you alone in here, you flushed 'em! Can't have you going without your meds on a workday, Vic."

Lacking decency, Victor dragged himself across the bathroom to his shower. "Look," he said, "Took 'em all. Not between my gums, under my tongue-, look!"

Just a few months ago, Victor would be humiliated to be sticking his tongue out to an IPC like he was a first grader hiding gum from his teacher, but it had become a morning ritual, akin to brushing his teeth and showering - both of which he probably would have been forgetting or neglecting to do without the aid of Cherish.

The bot hummed quietly until it pinged in satisfaction. "Very well! I'll be in your office for when you're all done with your organic duties!"

He was waved out of the room as the shower came on, locking the door behind him while he made his way to his own morning duties. The office was down the hall, second door on the left. First, he'd straighten out the papers, make sure they're organized by date and completion, and put the desk in order. Then he'd open the blinds, letting that brilliant sunshine into the comparatively dull working quarters. The third moon was out, which gave the sky a dark blue, almost purple hue that Cherish just loved. Maybe one day, he'd get Victor to get him repainted from the boring silvered steel finish he has now. And, last but not least, he'd get Victor's executive Jacket out of the closet, dusted and ironed, just in time for his shower to be finished.

Like clockwork, Vic was just making his way in, buttoning up the last on his shirt and holding his arms out to be dressed by the overly cheerful assistant that waited for him every morning. And- oh! Cherish had forgotten to straighten out the CEO's nameplate, reading in big, bold letters; "Victor Eleanor. CEO" In reality, Cherish would never forget. He just likes to remind Vic of his position, in case he forgets how important he really is.

Plopping down in his fancy corporate chair, Vic wheeled around a bit, taking in the view, before slowing to a stop to look over his desk work with a groan.

"Business as usual, Vic! You know how it is on Thursdays." Cherish chimed away happily, moving papers and giving his boss the run down on what's happening in his company today. Scheduled meeting this, shortage in Giant Spider Silk that, .45% increase in market value, all the big duties he had to do in a day and so on.

It was a pretty boring day, comparatively speaking, and it began to wind down to an end when Vic was just signing off on the last few papers he had to for the night. Cherish was sorting things, dusting the display cabinets and awards covering the wall, and preparing for his morning duties. It was while he was taking Victor's jacket that Cherish decided the time was right. With impossible sleight of hand, he had manage to sneak the cake on his boss's desk before he could realize it.

"Happy first!" Cherish chimed, practically bouncing while Victor looked over the little party cake that was put before him. It was nothing special, just chocolate with fancy frosting swirls and a number one candle stuck in the top and burning away. Victor chuckled as he realized it had been the first year anniversary since he'd been assigned his personal assistant.

"How did you even manage...?" Cherish stopped him and cut out a little slice for him, rocking on his heels. "Well, it's fantastic, regardless of how you got it past all of the Security in this office. Thank you."

They spent a little more time in the office that night, chatting away about the days past under the second moon's light shining in through the window. They had the day off tomorrow to go for a safari walk on the neighboring planet anyhow, so there was no rush. Cherish'd make sure he took his night pills and cleaned himself up a bit before he clocked out for the night. Under the stillness of the late evening, while Vic slept and the suite was dark, Cherish kept himself busy, organizing cabinets and cleaning up around the place. He'd get a charge in as well before posting himself up in the hallway, ready for the next day, like any other. He chimed softly to himself, screen dimming the hallway with a haze of pink until it'd be replaced by the morning blue. As the moon and the sun rolled over, his screen brightened just a smidge in anticipation for the first day of year two.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured I'd write a little something to solidify Vic as someone in Cherish's backstory, as I get little opportunity to IC. I thought I'd also use this as an excuse to jump on the feedback train, seemingly what everyone else does in this subforum. What do you think of Cherish IC, and me as a player OOC?

I've run into cherish here and there. Never really got a chance to talk to them, but then Ellie doesn't think to talk to most IPCs beyond what she needs from them. You've always seemed like a decent player, though. I've never had any in or out of character issues with you, and I remember your name. :P