[2 dismissal;Bin 22.03]Fax Machine Access Overhaul - Already Implemented

ben10083

Fax Machines are in Aurora to allow for quick transport of documents to heads and/or cent-com, but overall they are rarely used for station purposes and just exist as a "centcom" button.

I propose to add fax machines to the following areas;

• Department Lobbies (Cargo Office, security lobby, engineering desk, etc.)
  • Robotics (many forms for robotics)
  • Vacant Office (To allow for people to use it as a office more effectively.)

and give Fax access to the following jobs;

• Cargo Personnel (exuding miners)
  • Medical Personnel
  • Warden and investigative roles (for incident reports and other security forms)
  • Engineers (for the station modification forms and other things)
  • Roboticist (For the robotic forms)
  • Clerical module equipped robots (If possible)

Now I know what you are thinking: "People will abuse it by sending messages to centcom!!1!!" which is why I also propose having the access for fax machines changed by having instead of one access for the machines two, one for basic fax use (in station) and the other for centcom fax access (take a guess what it allows you to do.)

Now to address another concern; spamming of faxes by people being assholes jerks, I propose modifying Corporate Regulation i107 (Misuse of Public Radio Channels) to allow people to be punished for misusing the fax system.

Overall, If this is implemented people may be more willing to do paperwork, as they would now have to walk so far to get it to the right people, it also allows the fax machine to be MUCH more important to people who are not heads.

[mention]ben10083[/mention] What Lance said, request consoles send faxes a lot better than fax machines (just can't send bundles). These request consoles are /everywhere/ and so it's almost impossible you can't fax something to someone.

Main fax machines are essentially only for direct communication with Central Command.

[mention]Azande[/mention] you mean the request console which only allows you to send messages to like, 20 places? I mean communication as for forms like cyborgification forms and incident reports and etc.

If request consoles CAN send papers and forms....Please PM me how or reply on this, as that would be important.

@Azande you mean the request console which only allows you to send messages to like, 20 places? I mean communication as for forms like cyborgification forms and incident reports and etc.

If request consoles CAN send papers and forms....Please PM me how or reply on this, as that would be important.

Have the request console on it's main screen, NOT the paperwork printing screen, click the request console with the paper you want to fax - it will then give you a full list of areas in which you can fax. A copy of your form will be printed at the selected request console.