The State of the Chef

BurgerBB

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill definitely not play chef if this goes through because i dont play it to cater to 40 people demanding mechanical buffs.

Both burger and kaed are just throwing out and belittling anyone that brings up a problem with this suggestion. Theres not much else to do in the face of such mean spirited disregard of criticism.

This idea doesnt need compromise or change. It needs to be cancelled.

I'm baffled that you can tell me we're being mean spirited and such when you have such a negative and slippery slope viewpoint on this.

Look. It's food. Eating food makes you feel good, and maybe you perform a little better if you eat something fresh cooked instead of from a vending machine.

We don't even HAVE 40 people on the server most of the time, and the number of people that would even need to 'powergame' with these generally very small buffs are security. I've suggested several ways to make it balanced, including slow digestion and overeating being discouraged by debuffs so people don't just shove a boiger down their throat every 5 minutes for sweet buffs, making food alternatives available to antagonists, and all you're giving back is alarmist doomsaying and claiming we're RUINING EVERYTHING by doing this.

It's a gosh darn nice meal, Jackboot, not a potion of invulnerability. It shouldn't be this big a deal that people have to eat once and a while instead ignoring the hunger symbol on their HuD the whole round.

Also, it occurs to me... @ Burger: It takes some kinda nerve to accuse people of overreacting when this change is your personal crusade to start with. If it wasn't such a big deal, you didn't need to do it. When you didn't like the way the game was, you set out to make these changes - and yet, everyone who wants things to stay how they are is "acting like it's the end of the world?"

It doesn't make any sense to say the people resisting the change are overreacting unless you acknowledge that the initiation of the change was, itself, an overreaction. Maybe instead of trying to change the way the entire game plays out mechanically, you should have just "stopped acting like it was the end of the world."

We're 79 posts in and running in circles. Whatever worth this thread might have had has either been eroded or absorbed, of this I am certain.

To quickly address your points as a closing statement, I'll say the following:

1 - Assigning malicious intent to people without evidence is a sin and you should never open a thread with such idiotic accusations contained within again.

2 - Already implemented. The values can be tweaked if deemed necessary. As I am certain you remember, going full retard on a crusade is not smart. Precise and calculated tweaking of subtle mechanics will produce more desirable and less combustible results.

3 - Arrow's already on that.

4 - Healing's touchy, due to the fact that we must maintain a veil of believability. Again, stop thinking immediate gameplay rewards, as you tend to do, and think outside of the box.

5 - See above.

6 - I kinda like this one. A lunch break at a random point in the round would be neat ambiance, I think.

Anyways, that's all, folks.