[2 Binnedl] Genetics

AWPen

Now, I've agreed to take a look at the genetics system to see how much I can do to get a complete system working and going, however I don't really know what you guys want and what would be a best fit for the server.

So you're welcome to suggest what I should do to genetics and what I should add to make it more fun to play but also a lot more risky.

My thoughts are similar to Noah's, geneticist should be in charge of cloning. As such they should be moved from research into the medical area, I'd definitely suggest the sublevel. Then just change the two vats in medical to cryostasis tubes, used for when they get too busy.

To add to this, cloning as it is, is 100% risk free. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only side effects are memory loss and maybe mental issues, both of which are RP'd out in a round. There should definitely be a risk factor to it, I do have some ideas, but I'll leave that for another post. With the risk added to cloning it would make the job a bit more relevant, having to fix the person up. As well the risk/side effects could be different depending on the players race to add some flavor.

The research aspect of the job, finding the super powers, probably needs a complete haul. I mean finding a way to turn yourself into the hulk is very unrealistic, among other things. If anything it should be geared to discovering a races specific potentials, ex. Humans having the potential for psionic gifts, something that would be more realistic. As well you could add different classes of potentials to different races, this may be too much work though but again would potentially add more flavor.

Here we go back down the crazy nerf genetics hole.

I'd like to see genetics made more useful without making it a boring unitasker medical job, please.

It was perfect in the days of being inter-departmental between Research and Medbay, IMO.

Abusing hulk or other powers in a disruptive way should be treated like any other form of self-antagging, though.

Well even if it's the current geneticist stuff plus some more responsibility in Medbay with cloning. I wasn't suggesting a nerf by any means, it clearly needs more then what it has though otherwise it wouldn't have been pulled from the server in the first place.

• 5 months later...