Remove Loyalty Implant default installations

JKJudgeX

I don't like loyalty implants, and view them as an RP-crippling mechanic more than anything else.

They should still be available, to install by request or to ensure loyalty of seditious elements... but, having the Captain and HoS forced to have them installed at round start is kind of stupid, IMO.

So what if the Captain or HoS become cult/rev? I think it enables RP and conflict within the command department, which can lead to some pretty awesome situations.

I'm sure this will be outright dismissed, but I just wanted to get this suggestion out here and see some comments on it. I don't think these are necessary, and probably play into why there is often not a Captain or HoS at round start, which is kinda dumb IMO. I say, broaden the field of available antag roles, and, if it becomes super-problematic because Captains and HoSes suddenly start Rev/Culting every round, switch it back on.

Hell, it would even be something of a relief if there was a chance the loyalty implant broke sometimes. Or even a loyalty implant removal whitelist system, where you have to prove you are mature enough to come up with a gimmick that isn't super-destructo-mode just because you are captain/HoS antag.

I realize they can be surgically extracted and/or broken, but, have you ever seen it happen? I sure as hell haven't.

Anyway, yeah, just saying, command is fairly empty sometimes. Maybe spice it up somehow.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Bad idea. Loyalty Implants make those roles immune to being antagonist unless you are a fully powered vampire. Those two roles have insane levels of power that shouldn't be just handed over to antags. They are meant to be trustworthy OOC as well as IC.

I really don't want to start seeing antag captains and HoSs. It seems that people can hardly trust you anyway, and I really don't want people OOCly suspecting these roles of being subversive. I love to play antag, and I love to play captain, but I really don't want these mixed - except for the extremely rare situation that an antag can remove the LI and convert.