Have a time lock on Ninja and Wizard antag roles

cloud

Visitors is already the most boring game mode. We had a round earlier where both were dead in 20 minutes.

There's been lots of other rounds where ninjas have fell off the asteroid and died. Considering how make or break these antags are for this gamemode (and if we're not gonna remove it) can we have a time lock on them similar to security? I feel like in order to make either of these antags really shine, the person playing them needs to have a decent, if not great, grasp of game mechanics. New people who come on and click ninja definitely don't 90% of the time

Not suggesting this should be a blanket antag thing at all, but just that it seems pretty handy-dandy for wizard and ninjas.

It is clearly the worst game mode, the only thing that comes close is malf. I agree that there should be some kind of limit to it. I would really like it if a gamemode could be taken off the list for a certain number of rounds after it has been played, to prevent it from showing up back to back. Visitors should show up once a day, tops, IMO. The crew transfer is ALWAYS called at exactly 2:00 in this gamemode. In any event, something should be done to reduce the frequency of ninjas and wizards showing up. Or, something in those gamemodes to automatically involve more players would be good.

There have been many rounds that as soon as I found out it was wizard or ninja or both, I just immediately went to cryo because I was 100% sure I wouldn't be involved in anything more than an extended round (which I generally do not play) for the next 90 minutes. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this.

• 2 months later...