[2 Dismissal] Change Revolution RP; Return Mutiny

Hackie

Revolution is very silly. It is extremely difficult to coax someone to be involved in a revolution. Having simply Loyalists and just Revolutionaries is too open ended, and fails more often than it succeeds. Revolutionaries are thrown out, and are expected to adequately convince people to all of the sudden rise up against their Corporate Overlords, despite nothing in their day to day life changing. Juxtaposed to the Loyalists, who if they aren't interested in working together or gimping themselves, often times need only to function as reactionaries, with the assistance of Security and the A-I. It just doesn't work. I am not saying, this format can't succeed, it just needs small changes to increase the success rate.

Remove loyalists, or their blood contract. Loyalists often times can just recruit people straight up, why wouldn't you want to help Aurora? You live here, all of your friends are here and you get paid too! It isn't reasonable for most characters to leap to a revolutionary, or protest organization on the flip of a coin. Let's say, maybe Loyalists decide to be literally Hitler, often times I've had situations where half the crew are already loyalists, and can't change sides despite Security Officers murdering Tajaran in the hallways. It's even worse when you've spent fifteen minutes trying your best to convince them to join, and they aren't interested, or are loyalists and are preparing to alert the riot squad.

I would suggest adding more revolutionaries, to speed up the round, and allow more meaningful conversions without irrevocably gimping yourself, and allowing conflict to begin more quickly.

There is another alternative, however. Mutiny.

Mutiny is fantastic at what it does, it creates a narrative, that's open-ended enough to prevent repetition and gives every crew member a reason to join a side in conflict. The Captain receives orders of dubious legitimacy, but is compelled to follow through and assure their completion. But, they're very extreme and would cause anyone to question if they should follow through.

Mutiny is set up as such. There are two keycard authenticators supplied to the 'head loyalist', the captain, and the 'head mutineer', a random head of staff depending on their loyalty options chosen at round start, I believe. The loyalists, who comprise of the captain and anyone who agrees, are tasked with completing the Central directive and then using their card as well as the head mutineer's card to swipe simultaneously in the vault to confirm directive completion. If this is done, it is a major loyalist victory. However, if the directives are completed and the mutiny happens to late, even if the emergency authentication device isn't activated, it is a minor loyalist victory.

TL;DR, Revolution is an unbalanced gamemode, that can result in stale, lame narratives without large payoff, and cannot naturally flow without high communication in AOOC. Separate the gamemodes in order to create two more happy distilled versions. One, which offers a high conflict round that is fast, and spreads quickly. Compared to another, more ambiguous round with two sides competing to deal with a complex issue, creating a fun Team vs. Crew vs. Team scenario.

I agree with this, maybe have some objectives like "execute the QM for crimes against the corporation" and that can be grounds for revs to rise. I seen too many times of a rev talking to some random in the middle of the hallway why they should mutiny and all I had to do was alert the HoS and that rev had to hide the rest of the round.

Mutiny was removed for the exact same reasons that people claim old rev had its downfalls for. After people got tired of the same 6 randomly generated printouts over and over (command sexism, command racism, send every asshole to mining with only mild variation to it), people decided it was no longer a game mode that was fun and collectively decided to always be on the side of the revs just to stop the stupid round-breaking faxes from being executed. It got very easily stale due to how limited in terms of intrinsic options each antagonist team had in dealing with one another. It boiled down to stale powergaming to prevent the other side from getting what they wanted, or the entire crew was far too diverse in crew manifest line-up to ever hope that the directive would be executed. The captain themselves would be asking to be executed for even trying, and often more than not the human players were not sympathetic to the company cause.

It was no better than old rev, imo. The current rev is miles better by far even though most players don't know how to start a revolution which is understandable. "Bar is closed, fuck command!" was much worse the more you got used to it.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

The options for Mutiny were just randomly decided by like 3 people and rushed in. Mutiny is great the first six times you play it, then it's instantly deflated.

Antags get AOOC to coordinate if they wish to do so.

I do not see a advantage in returning a gamemode that just plays one of a few hard coded reasons that should get people to rebell.

Admins can help you if you need announcements from central.

Regarding:

If this is done, it is a major loyalist victory. However, if the directives are completed and the mutiny happens to late, even if the emergency authentication device isn't activated, it is a minor loyalist victory.

We dont have win conditions enabled.

For all that above I am voting for dismissal

Antags get AOOC to coordinate if they wish to do so.

I do not see a advantage in returning a gamemode that just plays one of a few hard coded reasons that should get people to rebell.

Admins can help you if you need announcements from central.

Regarding:

If this is done, it is a major loyalist victory. However, if the directives are completed and the mutiny happens to late, even if the emergency authentication device isn't activated, it is a minor loyalist victory.

We dont have win conditions enabled.

For all that above I am voting for dismissal

Pretty much this. I believe the revolution gamemode thrives on the fact it's very freeform. Staff are present should there be a need to convey things in the form of CC announcements, there's also the mixed game mode which add traitors, who I find to have had quite the impact on the progression of these rounds. There's also no need to simply change it to mutiny when the revolutionaries/loyalists can agree that they went something akin to that and granted the staff needed for it are present, they'll cooperate.

So voting for dismissal, making it two votes. Locking and archiving.