[2 Dismissal] Curtail Mouse-based stupidity.

Kaed

A feature existing entirely due to developer self-indulgence doesn't particularly inspire me as to the validity of its existence.

That being said, I stand by my previous long post about why specifically mice are an issue and the direction I feel should be taken.

A lot of things exist based off of developer self-indulgence and not because people asked for them.

A lot of things exist based off of developer self-indulgence and not because people asked for them.

See:

• The Rat God
  • Slow-Heating Ovens
  • Cheongsams
  • Black Coffee
  • The Lack of Ladders in The Research Sub-Level
  • Bone-Breaking Drug Overdoses
  • Probably Half of Our Guns
  • Snek People
  • And Many More

To the actual suggestion, I really don't think we should be trying to code away undesirable behavior. That is what admins, moderators, CCIA, and in some cases loredevs are for. The majority of the development team is not focused on policing behavior of any sort, and they shouldn't be.

Better yet, handling behavior in character and creating something from the interaction is probably a better option than all of the above, when it can apply.

I've never been a fan of mechanical restrictions to police players, it's never been a fair thing in my eyes as it's essentially punishing those abiding by our rules and expectations in comparison to those that don't.

I'm voting to dismiss this suggestion which puts it at two dismissal votes, so locking and archiving.