[+1 dismissal]Remove Wizard and Ninja from Secret rotation.

Pretty much as the title says. As it stands, the wizard and ninja gamemodes involve only a single antagonist whereas others involve multiple, high-impact antagonists that can actively involve the station in their shenanigans. However, wizard and ninja tend to only involve the Security department, whereas for everyone else it's extended with a rare strange cameo from some teleporting weirdo, and then it's back to business as usual.

Wizard and ninja by their lonesome work on other, non-HRP servers because when someone screams "WIZARD" over the comms, the station itself suddenly rises into a frenzy. Assistants pack their toolboxes, medical prepares chloral and science gets to work on RnD all so they can rush the antag alongside Security to wipe them off the face of the station. However, as a HRP server, we have rules against that sort of thing, and as such Security is the only ones able to really experience the round as is, mostly due to the fact that the antagonist either doesn't actively involve themselves or Security continuously tries to arrest them, forcing them to cut any interaction short. We still have plenty of mixed gamemodes to give wizards and ninjas a fair chance of spawning, but standalone ninja and wizard roundtypes are just extended for everyone but Sec.

Something else to add is that wizard and ninja rely VERY heavily on the player playing them's skill. And if said player isn't good, chances are they'll die in the first 30 minutes and turn the round into extended. Which isn't fun for anyone. I'm agreeing with this suggestion.

Better suggestion, just unmerge secret and mixed. Secret served to be a smaller alternative for the freaks that were on past midnight, and our own intimate little games were played with 12 crew and one wizard, or one ninja, and that was enough to spark some fun and activity for just us. The intention of the merge was fine, but it made gamemodes meant for smaller crew interfere with rounds that have some 50 people in em.

How about no. Wizards and ninjas can be some of the more fun antags.

The fact that they can also be really boring doesn't make them unworthy of being in the game.

Many of the other and tags that are off station also only really interact with security, the difference is that all they have is a pile of weapons instead of magic tricks and teleports that encourage shenanigans instead of invasion and kidnapping.

Eh, I don’t know, I mean, I certainly really dislike Ninja and Wizard but other people enjoy them. At the most I think they could simply adjust the RNG odds of wizard and ninja to be less. It does seem to be common lately.

Or maybe add something that doesn’t let the same gamemode be selected for the next two rounds.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...