[2; Bin 12/4/2017]Automatically Kick Idlers

Fortport

So that we actually know how many people are really playing by just seeing how many players there are. No, it doesn't have to be super fast! Just after an hour or two? I don't know, discuss this. But it's something I've always thought about, after being on late at night and there being twenty people on but only four of them are playing.

Man heads of staff should be kicked if it's more than like ten minutes tbh. Nothing is worse than being unable to set red alert or call an ert (without doing a bit of regulation breaking) because the RD has been staring at a wall for 40 minutes.

This is something you should ahelp about.

And no, people lobby sitting or ghosting should not be kicked, they are free to stay around without issues.

+1 dismissal

Man heads of staff should be kicked if it's more than like ten minutes tbh. Nothing is worse than being unable to set red alert or call an ert (without doing a bit of regulation breaking) because the RD has been staring at a wall for 40 minutes.

And no, people lobby sitting or ghosting should not be kicked, they are free to stay around without issues.

+1 dismissal

So you're saying that a player who has been sitting idle for around two hours, (as in not doing anything at all, not even actively observing or typing) are completely fine? I know it doesn't cause a really serious problem, but still.

+1 dismissal

So you're saying that a player who has been sitting idle for around two hours, (as in not doing anything at all, not even actively observing or typing) are completely fine? I know it doesn't cause a really serious problem, but still.

Yes. Voting for dismissal.

+1 dismissal

I don't see what the problem with this is. If they're SSD/AFK, adminhelp it. If they're lobbysitting/observing and AFK, what's the issue?

I lobbysit all the time. Makes it so I don't need to wait for BYOND's crappy 30 second timer (at worst, I just have to wait a few seconds for a reconnect). It also lets me follow along with the OOC chat.

I didn't realize I was causing anyone grief with this.

I don't consider watching the chat to be idling, but your other point is fair.