Unathi Pop Culture - Ce n'est pas une lance.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Hello, everyone,

I've been asking around about what sort of things unathi players want to see if I were to write a standard 'pop culture' section for Hegemony unathi. Now I always complain that people rely too much on Discord for feedback and conversations, so to avoid being a hypocrite I want to hold a conversation here.

What sort of daily recreational things do you have your Unathi do? I've heard things from folks dancing to grunge metal being cited as 'the shit' by Unathi on the station.

Unathi are a conservative, communual species who eat together as a family. So far I am playing with the concept that they have communual dances, and their TV shows are usually sponsored by guilds or the local Lords and are like 50's propoganda films in America, which described everything from emotions to your role in society and how you should behave for all of those. They try to teach unathi how to behave properly with little mock slice of life dramas where people can only solve their life problems by doing X Y and Z socially required norms of behavior

Of course each hegemony throughout history is meant to be distinct, so I also want each one to have birthed from its loins a major aspect of our modern pop culture, like the kres'ha'nor boogie.

Outside the Hegemony it will remain diverse enough that it is completely up to player creativity.

Kres'ha'nor were the first hegemony. they were the start of pop culture. I think their thing will be communal dances, the origin of communal feasts, and storytelling.

The Sarakus Clan were the industrialists who were the most imperial of the dynasties. I think they should have birthed plays and amphitheaters, and an explosions of books. Teally emphasize how things changed here to be more modern as we understsand it.

Then the Izweski show up, and everything goes crazy. TV shows flood the airwaves, group dancing starts to die, music gets commercialized - there is for the first time the concept that all these fun things to do are to be sold to individuals rather than enjoyed by the entire community. Paying for tickets to a play??? In MY hegemony?? Thankssss Izwessssski

Ouerea, the millenial rebellious teen society for Unathi, will be where I want to see human and skrell themes. Grunge metal just, everywhere.