Questions regarding edict breakers

I'm considering making an edict breaker who upon leaving Dominia signed on as a security guard. So my question is, what is life like in regard to edict breakers adapting to life outside the empire?

It depends on the kind of person they were/are and why they chose to run instead of face judgement.

They would've likely been abandoned by their friends/family and will probably be going through a crisis of faith - trying to justify to themselves why them running is ok. They'll probably be feeling heart achingly lonely. As they would've been essentially doxxed on national television your character would expect other Dominians to notice them very quickly which might lead to some trust issues around strangers.

They might feel a sense of liberation, but it's more likely they'll feel like an absolutely soul crushing failure, at least for a while and depending on how others treat them.

I, too, am making an edict-breaker. Expanding on what Azande/Xander said, Dominians have an actual obligation to constantly pester you, reminding you that you have sinned, and encouraging you to go back to face judgement. You can expect every Dominian character to recognize you and do this, which only adds to the distrust of strangers and soul-crushing failure that Zundy pointed out.

It's doubtful that any character willingly/happily flees and denounces God and the empire, so bear this in mind when making/playing your character. You sacrifice a LOT and the crisis of faith will be huge. There's a reason that it's not uncommon for edict-breakers outside of the Empire to return for judgement/execution after constant pestering by other Dominians.

As they would've been essentially doxxed on national television your character would expect other Dominians to notice them very quickly which might lead to some trust issues around strangers.

On this note, I was wondering how this would work IC. Would it be acceptable to put an OOC note in your flavor text for any Dominians, that they would recognize you as an Edict Breaker? If not, how are Edict Breakers intended to be recognized?

As they would've been essentially doxxed on national television your character would expect other Dominians to notice them very quickly which might lead to some trust issues around strangers.

On this note, I was wondering how this would work IC. Would it be acceptable to put an OOC note in your flavor text for any Dominians, that they would recognize you as an Edict Breaker? If not, how are Edict Breakers intended to be recognized?

Along with this, the Priest players will actively be watching for Edict Breakers, and I've started a page for us to keep records on Dominians including to out Edict Breakers.