Lore Development Diary

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Guest Marlon Phoenix

In order to assist in the transparency of the lore team and prove we're not holding secret meetings where we just share lore on dank memes in soft voices.

I'm already given progress reports by the loremins every friday (with the absolute deadline for the report or "I can't do the report" being saturday) so we will see how transitioning to this system goes instead. I might synopsis the reports given to me, but if that proves too time consuming I'll have my minions do individual posts.

And that's another point:

This isn't something we've done before. This may be messy at first: Bear with us. This system will probably change or be adjusted several times before we settle on a reliable method.

Non-Lorestaff posts will be deleted without warning.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Senpai Jackboot

Recent Major Changes as of 6/13/2015

• The timeline linked from the very main page of the wiki has been changed to a history of Nanotrasen, instead of a history of the Sol Alliance.
  • The history of the Sol Alliance has been given its own timeline linked to via the humanity section in the backstory summary. It was very heavily pruned and altered after a day of feedback from the community where barely anyone even knew how many civil wars the SA had. Now there is one civil war which clearly establishes the divide between the frontier and the Sol Alliance. The rest of the dynamic has been handled through major economic collapses, which provides a better reason for mega-corporation expansion.
  • The backstory page itself has been edited to fit the adjusted lore.

Minor Notes

-I will be skimming the wiki and determining the next major goals for this month. Since Xanderdox has resigned, the incorporation of the new IPC lore onto the wiki will need to be delegated to someone, and this has not yet been finalized.

-The Unathi event chain is continuing.

-A branched off event chain for the Sol Alliance will have its own IC thread, following the shenanigans of the new SA government. This will lead into me rebooting the SA politics page in the same manner as previous pages: Simplifying and streamlining.

-How much hard science is 'too much' for wiki pages? Considering pruning excessive hard science from 'major' pages, but feedback on this is still flame-war-y.

-Create lore for Tajaran memes. Possible war over true origins of rage comics being Tajaran and not human

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Sent: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:02 am

To: Senpai Jackboot

I STILL HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT WRITING THAT BLURB FOR ATLAS< FOR YOU

Here is Tytos' weekly progress report.

we are profesionals

Sent: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:53 pm

To: Senpai Jackboot

Species general formatting. It's all up. Sorry for the massive delay. A few TBAs have been added to lacking areas on some species pages. IPC and Human pages also made but not linked too as they lack content. Not much there beside base format.

Not sure if I am going to be back to normal yet. More info to come on that. But I am starting to sort real life out a little.

Anything needed doing. Toss a PM at me and I'll get to it when I can or at least reply to you if I can't in a reasonable manner.

Current TBAs

Human > All

Skrell > History

Unathi > Mechanics

Dionaea > Culture, Notable information, Some Biology

Vox > Social, History, Notable information

IPCs > All

Big important info!

Hey guys, yesterday a task force was put together,

Skull - as a developer

Tool - as Skrell loremun

Cresc- a player representative.

This task force is currently working on overhauling Skrellian biology. The first thing we have begun work on is the Skrell Telepathy via a symbiont. We will be later working on the other Skrell mechanics but one thing at a time.

This post was primarily to alert the players that changes are being made and work is being done!

During the last weeks and is still continuing next week.

I am conducting some guide constructions namely food and maybe drinks.

Still working on ships and stations lore stuffs, but I've kind of put that on a slight back burner. Please feel free to contact if desired.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marlon Phoenix

I'm working on a comprehensive rehaul/update of the navbox for the wiki, unfleshed out corporations, and generally making the current status-quo of the lore of humanity and factions easy to access and understand at any level; brief skim or in depth analysis.

Also unathi event chain will be concluding soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marlon Phoenix

Mega-corporations are being fondled, now.

I've personally created the basic shell for the new Hephaestus Industries. It wasn't rebooted majorly or anything; just tweaked to slide it into consistency with the rest of the canon of mega-corps and their shared history. I also made them more relevant for IPC/robotic players by fleshing that part of their business out. I might add more detail, as we go.

Speaking of consistency - I'm still finding pages that reference out of date things. Like Mars. I'll be hunting those down.

I've also very temporarily taken up IPC whitelist applications, as Mima was a bit overwhelmed doing 3 races. I'll find someone else to do them, because I'm content with just my lizards.

Otherwise, I'm just working on news and general developments for 'the moment' to keep people engaged.

I also might open up applications for loredev. I need another wiki guy, and someone to do borg crap, but I don't know if I want to reassign someone or hire someone new. I'll decide eventually.

I also have a public feedback thread on me and the lore, which you can find here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will see about touching on the micro-nations a bit. Specifically, I've an invested interest in fleshing out the Epsilon Eridani Federation. I'll defer to Gollee on what they want done for Elyra, unless they're satisfied with the end product of it already.

Specifically, I'm interested in fleshing out the cultures and general 'personalities' of the micro-nations and such.

• 2 weeks later...
I will see about touching on the micro-nations a bit. Specifically, I've an invested interest in fleshing out the Epsilon Eridani Federation. I'll defer to Gollee on what they want done for Elyra, unless they're satisfied with the end product of it already.

Specifically, I'm interested in fleshing out the cultures and general 'personalities' of the micro-nations and such.

Still doing this, and I'm trying to network the ICN.

Coming soon!™

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Marlon Phoenix

I created three job guides - Chief Medical Officer, geneticist and Chaplain. Credit goes to the writers of the Baystation wiki because our code similarities allows liberal ctrl-c and ctrl-v with editing afterwards to keep it in line with Aurora-code.

I've promised a pizza to the loredev that contributes the most to the wiki by next friday.

The antag contest is indefinitely on hold until I delegate it to someone else, or get more time in my days.