Sol Alliance Cyborg and Bound Synth laws?

Chada1

So, as I understand, the normal Cyborg/AI lawset is known as 'NT Default'. I know it's hardly important to actual gameplay, but I was curious while reading the lore on the wiki, what is the normal lawset for bound Synths? Does it vary by Company/Group? I'd think if Cyborg laws were unregulated, a lot more Synth-related incidents would have occured by now, especially considering there are over 35m Cyborgs in Sol space, or atleast, there were. What would the default Cyborg/Sol Alliance laws be? I would think a personal, unlicensed, bound Cyborg would be considered contraband if it had an altered lawset, simply due to its higher-capabilities, and thus higher risk, in comparison to an IPC.

And as an add-on question, who is incharge of the 'Bound Synth' lore? Is it the IPC Loremaster or just a generic category that would fall under Jackboot/Other loremasters? I have a lot of questions i'd want to ask that aren't related to this thread, which is why i'm asking.

And as an add-on question, who is incharge of the 'Bound Synth' lore? Is it the IPC Loremaster or just a generic category that would fall under Jackboot/Other loremasters? I have a lot of questions i'd want to ask that aren't related to this thread, which is why i'm asking.

IPC's fall under 'Synthetic lore', which is what the IPC loremaster oversees, sooo..Nebulaflare, or BotanistPower, (I have no idea what IPC lore is doing right now), though since both are unresponsive, Jackboot I guess.

• 2 months later...

All synthetics are covered by the synthetic lore dev (as of the date posting this, myself). Laws are, indeed, regulated to prevent unregistered, or even registered, synthetics from having law sets that obviously violate the laws and statutes in place within whatever sovereignty the synthetic is bound to serve. The laws can vary from individual, to company, to state, and the regulations for the laws also vary. I would also say that there's no such thing as a "standard law set" when talking about a larger scale state, such as the Alliance. Corporations or otherwise would probably have default or standard law sets. I imagine the Alliance navy's AI would have something akin to 'NT Aggressive' but moreso geared towards service and protection of their crew and other naval personnel.

Also remember that bound synthetics outside of their assigned facilities would have little in the way of ability to interface with anything electronic, because they aren't connected to those systems. Station-bounds are able to do this because they are bound to the station. Unregistered synthetics would still be dangerous, though, because they're still robots with unpredictable capabilities. I'm sure that was obvious, though.