[Processed] Naming convention 'Ges' addition in Dionea Lore

Type: Dionea Lore, Naming convention.

Basic Description: Giving them a title prefix similar to Mr or Ms before the last word in their name to make referring to them by others easier. At current I suggest 'Ges.' An abbreviation of Gestalt. As such "Leaf that Grasps the Sky" or "Wind Howling through Ocean" would become "Ges Sky" or "Ges Ocean" for a formal shortening or Gestalt Sky/Ocean in an extended format.

Reason: Some of the names are long and several character act in a formal manner where they will routinely call people by their relevant title and surname. Dionea have never had from what I can tell a clean organised way to separate their name formally, and are often just referred to it by the most designating word in it when using a shortened version, an this has always come off and a casual or far from formal tone to it. An given Dionea are non-gendered a title not related to occupation seems helpful.

[mention]SleepyWolf[/mention]

• 2 months later...

Please don't hit me

Hello! I was summoned. I'm sorry this sat for so long.

I understand your reasoning behind the application- long names can be very irritating to type each time. However, most, if not all Dionae have accepted a portion of their name being used as a nickname. For instance, my Dionae, Protector of the Tallest Tree, will always respond to Protector, Tallest, or ironically even Tree without question or having asked to use a nickname. Nor will they specify which part of their name is to be used except for when others use Tree and there's other Gestalts aboard, mainly because at that point it could be taken simply as racial slur and assumed it was aimed at any Dionae.

As for the title usage itself. There is simply no reason to use Gestalt as a title. The term Gestalt refers to the Dionae when they consist of multiple nymphs, meaning everything but a nymph is in technicality, a Gestalt. The only time it differentiates is in the number of nymphs that the Gestalt consists of, such as Worker, Colossus, Shell, etc. So your character can use the different forms of Gestalts as titles, but for the most part there's not really a reason to go beyond "Nymph" or "Worker", foregoing both all together when there's only Workers on board. Or even use their occupation, like Doctor if you want to keep at it- most are typically indifferent about titles and the like. And there's not really a need for foreshortening the words. Dionae are typically long-winded anyways, but besides that fact, exotic terms like Tup or Guwan are a part of a native use; Dionae don't really have that beyond atmospheric communication.

So all in all, the suggested title that you applied for will be turned down. However you can use the suggested above as titles if your Dionae would do so, but otherwise it's not typically a standard to do so. But I have been looking for more ways to expand the Dionae tendency to categorize information, so I may very well implement a suggested title usage for when they are in the presence of varied forms. If someone directs you to find someone, it'd be much easier to do so if they tell you it's a Shell in the sea of Workers! So I guess you could say we met halfway.

Application Processed.