[Denied]PANGAEA: the PAN-Galactic Archeological Enrichment Association

Type: Association Group

Founding/Settlement Date: 12/12/2452

Region of Space: Primarily Sol, Tau Ceti, Jargon. Minor influences in other regions.

Controlled by: Considered Independent but works intimately with Nanotrasen

Other Snapshot information: Founded on the basis of cultural enrichment through study of archeology, Geology, Botany, etc. PANGAEA focuses efforts on bringing news of the past to the present, focusing on museum curating and funding working members through initiatives with governments and Nanotrasen.

Provides members with Peer Reviewed Journals of discoveries, Informational databases, and networking ties with agencies for supplies, transport, employment, etc.

Long Description: After the discovery of a (presumed) Vox Auralis tomb in 2451 PANGAEA was founded by members of AESCO, Professors, a few government officials, and scientists of various standing in late 2452. Their mission statement stands to deliver unbiased and unparalleled professional data on the myriad of Archeological artifacts that were being discovered among the systems. Funding for these surveys were provided by museums and government officials dedicated to furthering that goal, at first.

In 2454 PANGAEA began working more with Nanotrasen. The additional funding for dig sites and materials came at the price of potentially surrendering any artifact discovered, at Nanotrasen's discretion. Luckily this partnership proved favorable for PANGAEA as many excavated artifacts still made their way across the systems into new exhibits.

PANGAEA has, since it's inception, worked closely with many educational districts and at least one member of the group is present in every major scientific college and university as a professor, working consultant, or recruiter (None of these three necessarily exclusively). PANGAEA has even made strides to extend to Junior and Senior schools, placing emphasis on cultivating younger minds with an interest in history and the unknown.

In 2455 PANGAEA expanded their operations beyond Archeology, though they never changed their name. Expansion included fields of Botany and Biology, mostly within cataloguing, identification, and preservation of plant and animal species as they are discovered.

PANGAEA's leadership falls into one head representative, named "Head Curate" which acts as a figurehead for the association, and a cabal of officials. One person from each system is elected by their system's members to discuss matters with the Head Curate. Elections are held once per standard decade or when an official or Head Curate become incapable of attending duties (I.E: Illness, slander, or death).

Membership into PANGAEA comes mostly from members vetting in new members, who undergo a trial basis with the association before being officially accredited as a member. Membership does come with a yearly monetary donation incentive to offset costs of running the organization.

Current Head Curate: Jing Vanderbilt (58), Human from Biesel. Successor of Ahuri Sey'bul after being killed in decompression explosion onboard transport vessel to Biesel. Investigations still ongoing.

Notable Members:

(To be filled out with whoever can seem relevant. Notable Biologists, archeologists, Directors, Professors, etc.)

I was thinking this was something that people could use to associate themselves more with the world(s), possibly even get a lore thread dedicated to the [less than handful] Xenoarch players to put up their actual research data instead of letting it get swallowed by the server void.

I made it mostly with Xenoarcheology/Anomalist in mind because I see next to absolute nothing for it, and it's actually really fun to play with.

And as for NPCs and whatnot, I didn't plan on Jing being 'real' beyond maybe showing up in the news or something, but he could be for some event down the road. IDK.

I'm quite liking the idea of this, want to ask some basic questions on it.

1: Do you know of any ways to have this directly impact the station, be it through events of any kind, selectable iems or something more creative than those?

2: Do you have ideas on how the organisation is viewed by the larger corps, governments and similar groups, or would you say the Association is too minor for any large entity to have much of an opinion?

3: Does the Association have any restrictions on their members? Such as a ban on Vaucra or Ipc's?

I do like it, and I doubt there's any reason for the human lore peeps to complain about this, but it'd be nice to know a little more about your broader plans for the Association.

• 9 months later...