[Accepted]State of the Roman Catholic Church

Like, wait, is this an actual substance problem or is it a political correctness problem? Could it actually be explained what the crux of the issue is against this concept?

Because if it's a PC problem and not an actual substance issue then anything I just said was redundant because I've no idea how to argue against someone else's personal comfort zone besides pointing out that this entire game and lore is centered around offensive things.

Edited by Guest

Yeah thats what I am confused about, it can't be to protect Catholic players because thats dumb, the entire point of playing a Catholic in this setting is to be bullied by other men and still hold true (Or dont)

If people are uncomfortable OOCly with the Inquisition existing as an office then thats also a tad silly considering we already have actual religious extremists.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

The inquisition of Dominia is an antagonistic, oppressive force. It is an inquisition. The vagueness of the edicts is an intentional design choice to represent uncertainty and arbitrariness in regards to who they brand edict breakers.

The Maraziite Order of the Izweski Hegemony is an antagonistic, oppressive force persecuting religious minorities in a wildly out of control attempt to combat a vague cultist threat. (its nar'sie)

We have a clearly established trope. Organized inquisitions in our setting are antagonistic tools of oppression. Inquisitions are Bad Guys. This draws from the IRL connotations. It is shorthand for "extremists".

An inquisition within our settings version of the catholic church would have the same baggage. Every variant I tried to google for "inquisiton" had the spanish inquisition pop up as the first result. A lot of popular media tackling the inquisition discusses the spanish inquisition's oppression and atrocities. "Inquisition" is still a term with baggage and "the catholic inquisition" is going to mark out the group as an antagonistic force.

A lot of what is considered "meme lore" by some players (stop saying that) are caused by the misunderstandings you are both wanting to put in. Dominia has enjoyed a rush in popularity as people were introduced to the actual Dominia and not their false preconception. If we called it an inquisition then this entire project is going to fall victim to the same pit that Dominia fell into in the popular consciousness of the playerbase. I know this will happen because I've seen this happen before in my 3 years in my position. I don't guarantee a lot of things but this is one of those things.

We do have religious extremists. And they're all clearly portrayed as antagonists. You don't want to have the actual Catholic church lumped into the same wagon as the Tribunal and Maraziite Order. Call me a Politically Correct social justice warrior I guess.

The ONLY thing I am asking of you is to change one name of one periphery organization. You have created a very dramatic timeline for the catholic church full of upheaval, reactionary reforms, and dramatic transitions in the very nature of the church. I am sure that someone would find a name for the group that isn't "inquisition".

I have not challenged any other aspect of this application because despite my personal preferences, from a creative standpoint it seems pretty fine. Messy, but not flamboyantly evil or triumphant. I am really surprised that you are digging your heels in here. The necessary change is incredibly minor.

The inquisition of Dominia is an antagonistic, oppressive force. It is an inquisition. The vagueness of the edicts is an intentional design choice to represent uncertainty and arbitrariness in regards to who they brand edict breakers.

I'm really not sure how this is a good design idea and I hope there's a justification that later expands on this because I really don't understand the net worth of the concept being presented there. Mostly due to the part that I don't think there's been an avid attempt in attempting quality control of Dominian characters or clarifying exactly what the societal expectations there are of them.

The Maraziite Order of the Izweski Hegemony is an antagonistic, oppressive force persecuting religious minorities in a wildly out of control attempt to combat a vague cultist threat. (its nar'sie)

The Maraziite order is fine. The amount of characters that can actually play Maraziites are rather limited and their niche is way more clearly defined than Dominians (added benefit of a race that's been developed for 3 years), and a tack-on point to make is that Unathi players are whitelisted and have pretty serious expectations for roleplay. Dominians can be human nobles and they aren't exactly beholden to any whitelist standards or a threatening of a whitelist strip. Unathi from Dominia are expected to act to a higher standard of roleplay quality. Human Dominians, rather, humans in general, aren't held to higher expectations of RP quality. This is the problem here.

We have a clearly established trope. Organized inquisitions in our setting are antagonistic tools of oppression and antagonism.

Not everything needs to fill specific expectations in order to fit in the given setting. This statement was even proven by your canonizing and eventual attention given to Dominia. At first people didn't take it seriously and then you went out of your way to add more depth and intrigue to it, to make it weird, bizarre and distinct from the other groups. While a good thing on its own its had its own awkward effects on the grander scale.

rounding back to the Catholics: This is an inquisition that does not outright oppress people or potentially murder them in the streets for any perceived sin. The name presents an awkward burden that will mostly certainly bear witness to some degree of persecution or call-outs through roleplay. This is extremely interesting to me and I do want this.

We do have religious extremists. And they're all clearly portrayed as antagonists. You don't want to have the actual Catholic church lumped into the same wagon as the Tribunal and Maraziite Order. Call me a Politically Correct social justice warrior I guess.

Yes, I do want that to happen! It's a great idea, I love conflict. It will create interesting conflict because it most certainly is not the antagonist forces that people are going to associate it with. This is great and in-depth interaction just waiting to be dealt with. Names are not sanctified social precepts that people are required to take seriously, because they are just words. Words do not always represent the best intentions of people. Yes, I will point out that your otherwise unjustified and over-reaction to the concept of a non-antagonist force having a branch of organization be named "the Inquisition"! Because it's silly and unwarranted, it's just a name. It is the intent and the actions that really matter overall.

The ONLY thing I am asking of you is to change one name of one periphery organization. You have created a very dramatic timeline for the catholic church full of upheaval, reactionary reforms, and dramatic transitions in the very nature of the church. I am sure that someone would find a name for the group that isn't "inquisition".

I hate to say "but you did it first" but I mean, you brought it up as an 'issue' in the first place and I'm adamant on dying on the same hill to keep it as I believe there will be value that will be missed out on by removing the name and the potential stigma problem that should transition as an IC issue to be handled and dealt with. I do believe the potential for misconceptions over the terminology ICly is something totally worth the 'trouble.' I do not think it warrants change. I know you put a lot of value in ensuring writing stays consistent but, honestly, I don't think anyone can say the lore is perfectly consistent and I don't think anyone is really expecting it to be either. Tropes are not something that needs to be something that needs to be held up as if it were gospel. Pun intended.

I have not challenged any other aspect of this application because despite my personal preferences, from a creative standpoint it seems pretty fine. Messy, but not flamboyantly evil or triumphant. I am really surprised that you are digging your heels in here. The necessary change is incredibly minor.

I disagree. I do not think it is a necessary change that has to be made. I'm digging my heels in here because this is something I believe strongly that will offer more benefit than it would create any perceived harm.

I did not attempt to accuse you of being a icky mean social justice warrior or anything, it was not a personal attack on your character. When I mentioned being PC earlier, it was in criticism of the seemingly nebulous attempt in trying to change the name of something just so that it isn't potentially offensive when the concepts of the game and the lore surrounding it are bound to create some discomfort for those who can't immediately suspend their disbelief and avoid being personally affected by components of the game.

Ahelp people who are clearly being stupid with characters. I am neither an admin not can I revoke the ability to play humans.

You brought in Dominia as an example of extreme violent religions existing in setting as a defence for the title of Inquisition on the basis that it isn't violent which is a non sequitur anyway. I'm saying that Dominia is a good example of people like you perpetuating the lore falsely which WILL happen with this. I not about asking admins to start striking or banning people for perpetuating false lore and not reading the wiki though as it seems extremely tyrannical to me. Just stop doing it.

Change the name of the Inquisition to something else or we will have to and I'd rather Snake did it since he speaks from some authority and will ensure it has a suitable name.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

You do not need a whitelist to play a dominian.

"It will create interesting conflict because it most certainly is not the antagonist forces that people are going to associate it with."

No it won't. It will fall victim to the same thing Dominia did and continues to struggle with. To use the worst phrase in our communities lexicon, it would "become a meme". I GUARANTEE it. This hits every single beat as all the other same sort of apps and lore have before.

I am not against catholic inquisition because it's politically incorrect is just sounds very unrealistic in the 25th century unless it's a paramilitary organization operating outside any authority.

The institution survived as part of the Roman Curia, but in 1908 was given the new name of "Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Holy Office". In 1965 it became the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition

Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Holy Office is a pretty bomb name. The office is the same as the one that did all that nasty business all over the christian world, but without the immediate negative imagery and connotations.

Let's call it the Supreme Sacred Congregation of the Holy Office?

The reason I drag my heels because the reasons given are simply not substantial enough to warrant the Roman Curia changing their name yet again, it makes no IC sense especially when as I have stated over and over, it is a key thing about the Church in this setting to go full bunker mode. You seem to denote this as a necessary change because you are entirely unable to write something that will discern the actual Inquisition and its fantasy counterparts? Or that you simply don't trust the players to read more than a few sentences? If either is true then quite frankly the Catholic Church is going to be seen as an oppressive force either way, Inquisitors or not. The concept that they will be perceived as an 'antagonistic force' is what will precisely make things interesting for Catholic characters though, so to soften up their name so as to protect them from 'misunderstanding' would take away from the actual experience, the Church should and would never be changed to accommodate the view of the outside world. The impact and 'baggage' the Inquisition has can't even be compared to the Tribunal or the Hegemony because no one can actually play Inquisitor characters, nor ever claim to be victims of them. As anyone who claims to have 'survived the horrid grip of the Inquisition' would still make that a thing of their characters with or without the lore as it represents an OOC distaste for the Catholic Church so they'd make up whatever abuse story anyway. Even if I renamed the Inquisition to something like the CDF, as soon as players read their purpose they are just going to make the connection and make the same mistakes. Not to mention if we so much as look as the exchanges between people on station many perceive the RCC as an oppressive antagonistic force just by its very existence.

Not to mention its actually quite a perfect bit of poetry from the perception of the RCC, the aliens attempt to imitate its Church structure has simply created a horrid and abusive mimic that it would exploit to the fullest extent for propaganda purposes. A sort of juxtaposition of 'true faith' and 'heathen impersonators'. Since the comparison would end in the Catholic Churches favour it would force the 'human church' into a sort of absolute moral high ground and further justify xeno contempt of it as it appears to be a far more refined model of what they try.

Yes, the lore I do paint is one of upheaval but its an upheaval back to the traditions of old, they don't touch on new architecture ideas, they don't pursue new languages to speak in but march directly backwards to Latin, Gothic Revival and of course the re-birth of the Sanctum Officium (Inquisition).

The only thing I can think of is to throw them back to sacred congregation of the holy office but the moment you google that you get them defined as the Inquisition anyway so there goes that. Even googling CDF brings us to their wiki page that just explains its the Inquisition renamed. We also run into the issue as stated before, the entire reason their name got changed is because they are no longer a single office but many offices.

All in all the Catholic lore would lose a fair bit of flavour if we tried to go the route of pretending it isn't an Inquisition by renaming it.

I don't understand how I'm perpetuating the lore falsely when I am telling you how it is currently written and how people are interpreting it. If you're so adamant on accusing me of lying and perpetuating falsehood every step of the way then there's really nothing else I can say.

I'm saying that Dominia is a good example of people like you perpetuating the lore falsely which WILL happen with this.

I guarantee that it will not. You both are absolutely wrong on this. You are comparing two different cases here and expecting the same result. Dominia is an established government that has the power to do whatever the hell it likes within its own borders. Dominia is also the first of its kind to just flop for reasons associated with its overall scope and design, in which people interpreted just as they did. I may even be wrong and have absolutely no idea why it gentrified and turned into the current stigmatized example that it is now. It might even be an exclusive problem to Dominia itself. I seriously think it's rather nebulous to assume that this concept as written here is exactly what's going on with Dominia here. I'm not sure if you can point that out without accepting personal responsibility, which neither of you have seemingly done. You both seem more content on blaming "the playerbase" for not roleplaying right? There's not really a degree of instructions that are laid out on the wiki page on how to roleplay a Dominian to such depth that, for example, the Unathi have their own section on.

The Roman Catholic Church has to obey local laws. It cannot do whatever it likes.

The Inquisition is also a bomb name too (almost half the factions use it, cool!) and it doesn't take an incredibly long time to type out in IC. Logistically it's the superior choice of terminology.

All in all, the only reason for this 'necessary change' seems to be the urge to protect the RCC from misunderstanding which is what I, as a Catholic player want precisely and get already. I don't need an Inquisition for people to tell me the Church is a big bad mean place full of bigots, it happens anyway. If people want to interpret the Church as somehow bloodthirsty then A) they will do it anyway, Inquisition or not and B) Its good for the Catholic players because nothing validates the concept of 'true faith' more than being surrounded by liars.

The most that can be gotten out of this at this point is that two parties are significantly entrenched in their positions here and there's probably little else that will shift anyone off any sort of point. I don't think anyone wants to repeat themselves.

Is this a kind of an issue that will lead to an overall denial of the lore application if a single change isn't made due to contentious convictions being made over this subject? We all may be kind of dug in but Snake and I aren't exactly the ones with forum permissions to get something to pass, so we do not exactly have a stalemate breaker of our own short of completely conceding the argument just to get a change pushed through. There's a kind of power imbalance in this debate here.

To be fair, [mention]Scheveningen[/mention], an application does not have to be accepted in full or directly. Even if the accepted, the lore developers will almost certainly make modifications to the content to better fit their vision and their work. This is, even without the inquisition naming shenanigans. So if the issue of the name remains, welp, it'll just the changed if the rest of the application is deemed as worth the investment to implement.

Now, as for the actual discussion, it seems a wee bit silly to hinge on a single name. As long as le inquisition is not made the mainstay of the new roman church or whatever, then it's going to be very hard to meme. Dominia was meme-d because the entire focal point of the nation is its quite barbaric nature. A similar thing happened with the ECF, where only a few key notes were emphasized in the actual gameplay. What's more likely to get meme-d in general with this application is the power and influence allotted to the church. In the form of preachers, inquisitors truth-seekers, whatever.

Consider that this is a dystopian age of mega-corporations, where unimaginable wealth makes human lives worthless in comparison. How exactly does a church maintain its power and status in an age like that; how dirty are its hands. Etcetera.

Yeah let's tone down the spice a bit. I'm sorry for coming across as an arse.

The only reason for the name change regarding the Inquisition is down to its potential to be memed. That's all. It's not about offense or Dominia or whatever. Let's draw a line in the sand and move forward on that basis.

Like skull said we won't reject lore on a petty basis such as a name of sub organisation within what is otherwise top content. Also understand that if lore is accepted it is highly likely it will be altered.

Jackboot and I have wasted enough of your time with a back and forth on literally nothing. Echoing skull, I too would like to know how:

Consider that this is a dystopian age of mega-corporations, where unimaginable wealth makes human lives worthless in comparison. How exactly does a church maintain its power and status in an age like that; how dirty are its hands. Etcetera.

[/Quote]

Fiscal corruption is a long standing tradition of the Church and I have a lot of ideas for specific activies on the Frontiers, one of the old tactics of even recent times is their status as a charity lets them transport money into all sorts of accounts, smuggle things through all sorts of borders and with a gradual de-centralisation of the Roman Curia its much harder for the Papacy to not only keep track of its watchdogs but also for its watchdogs to keep track of it. Naturally a lot can be done here but there is a lot of elaboration on the Ecclesiastical province of Biesel that probably needs to be handled first.

• 4 weeks later...

After reviewing a lot of the lore for Sol and the Frontier I've decided the Church would get much of its money from tourism, especially with the aesthetic Luna guns for.

After losing their full rights to the Vatican, I imagine a chunk of the original landholdings on Earth would of been sold off in order to re-locate the Curia to a place like Luna, vast architecture projects underway no doubt also fueled by charity runs. However, like with all charity runs it gives these organisations the edge of going largely undetected through customs as their reasons for constantly coming and going is easily explained. What precisely would be smuggled through in order to fuel the Curia's lavish lifestyles I would leave entirely up to the imagination.

If we wanted to go for the full imitation of history then a situation the Knights of St. John suffered in 1775 could be replicated as they try and get their asses into gear on the Frontier (old Grand Master spends all his money having hella sick parties on the moon, new Grand Master tries to fund actual expeditions - no money means austerity measures and that makes the clergy under them very unhappy). The freedom of the Frontier would make their shady dealings much easier (cough cough Sicily) and also resonate with the Church much more with the common 'bugger Sol' sentiment. With the Pontiffs full intention to continue the architecture last seen produced 500 years ago, the tourist money would certainly be up there.

Now, as for a direct throw into the Corporate world as we see even now the Roman Curia could attempt to wield its authority in an attempt to convince ''''Catholic'''' business owners to boycott say, the Idris Incorporated

for although they would be justified in and of itself in demanding it, I am sure some money under the table by other Corporate powers could help motivate the Catholic leadership. Although their influence is not dramatic, I imagine the powers that be would still like to utilize any and all influential groups to slow down their enemies. (I also imagine they'd hate the Eridani with a flaming passion)

If you wanted to get very dark however we could return to the old, 'Hey you, powerful businessman, in your will, put you will leave this land to the Church." and as soon as they mysteriously commit suicide, what a shame. The Apostolic Tribunal of the Roman Rota will now divide up your previous assets and oh would you look at that, in honour of your memory we have turned your former home into a Faculty of ours, thank you.

As for the finer logistics of Luna I propose the following:

Pontifical Harmony City University, Faculty in Theology and Canon Law - Specifically for training Laity and those with Religious Vows - 12,000 Students - Under the Roman Curia's direct administration

St. Francis Xavier Harmony City University, Faculty in Canon Law, Theology and Natural Sciences - Open to the public - 16,000 Students - Under Jesuit Administration

St. John's Luna University, Faculty of Law, Medicine, Canon Law and Administration - Open to the public - 19,000 Students - Under the Knight's of St. John Administration

Pontifical Luna University, Faculty of Theology, Administration and Canon Law - Specifically for the training of those with Religious Vows - 3,800 students - Under the Roman Curia's direct administration

And as for Biesel:

St. Thomas Aquinas Mendell City University, Faculty of Computer Science and Canon Law - Open to the public - 9,800 Students - Under the Order of Preacher's administration.

This is predominately to show the difference in influence between the Republic of Biesel, an area thats probably still listed as Mission Territory and Luna which would of been the 'New Rome' for the Holy See. With the Catholic Church returning to Cult status, they would be incredibly picky in who gets to enter their higher places of learning, though certain universities would be open to all. How specifically NT or anyone else offers scholarships through them I would leave up to the lore devs.

More to come.

The Religious Orders:

Order of Preachers (Dominicans, OP)

The oldest of the inter-galactic preaching orders, the Order of Preachers is best known for the establishment of elite Universities in Sol Space both within the richer inner colonies and amongst the poorer planets. Experts in Canon Law and Theology means their approach to their faith is cold, decisive and without comparison amongst the Intelligentsia of society, none perform a more robust defense of the faith than the Dominicans. Their presence at the Council of Luna was significant as they carved the way on moral issues regarding synthetics, xeno ecclesiastical privileges and the formation of new rites for humanity's new neighbors. However, their domination of more conservative side of issues found them at rivalry with their brother Order, the Society of Jesus who adopted incredibly Liberal stances throughout the council, some renegades even promoting Eucharist for Synthetics though the mutated Liberation Theology that has now encompassed Synthetic social justice issues was struck down during the Council. They played no small part in the incredibly traditional style of the Papacy over the past few hundred years, their reputation as fierce defenders of the Pope and his authority stood the test of time.

Dominican Chaplains or those raised in a Dominican tradition are expected to be incredibly intelligent, possessing at least a Masters in Theology and another PhD in a hard science or Canon Law if they are a Chaplain. Their grasp on the faith is cold, calculated and extensive, though their Liturgies can be some of the most inspiring their stance on many moral issues, especially regarding heretics, wastes no time with ecumenical language and gets straight to the point.

They are assigned the Ecclesiastical province of Sol and specifically the Republic of Elyra, marked as mission territory. They would have impressive respect for the Skrell and possibly vice versa. Skrell Dominican Chaplains would be the biggest brained theologians the galaxy would ever see but a natural rarity given their atheist nature. Their HQ is on Earth.

Society of Jesus (Jesuits, SJ)

An incredibly successful and vastly wealthy preaching order, the Society of Jesus' has held onto and gained much of its inter-galatic real estate through impressive negotiation. Though they would be without a doubt the most popular of the preaching orders, they are the most reviled by their fellow Catholic as their continued involvement within the wars that plague the Tajaran people have caused fresh heresy and their cause to be too closely tied to political elements. Incredibly Liberal in their outlook they argued in favor of synthetic involvement in the liturgy, extensive cloning rights, strong support for the liturgy to be normalized in the vernacular and the sacrament of marriage to be available for inter-species couples. However, amongst the corrupt though good intentioned Jesuits there still exist a small resemblance of their traditional selves. Jesuits dominate much of Luna and the poorer Sol colonies.

Playing a Liberal Jesuit Chaplain means to be a borderline heretic on many matters, their personalities entirely reversed when compared to their Dominican counterparts, their approach to the faith is one of joy and a lot of mercy. Those raised within a Jesuit tradition can expect their understanding of the faith be far less scholarly and far more social justice orientated, more concern for politics than Church matters and can be expected to be from both the poorest of society and the most rich. Jesuit Chaplains can expect to be far more concerned with alien and synthetic rights than preaching the Gospel. However traditionalist Jesuits will be some of the most fierce and possibly bigoted Chaplains the Church could produce, harsh in attitude but divinely inspiring in preaching technique, it would be hard for the masses to not feel the impressive passion they put into their work.

They are assigned the Ecclesiastical province of Sol, the Frontier and Adhomai, all marked for mission territory except certain areas of Sol. Tajaran communists may get along with the Jesuits the most as they are far more in tune with the needs of the people - until they of course look at their vast real estate value. Their HQ is on Luna.

Order of St. Boniface (Bonifacians, OB)

The youngest of the preaching Orders and by far the most reflective of the current state the Church is in, the Bonifacians are the smallest of the preaching orders yet definitely the most daring. Named not after their founding Saint but after the Early Church preacher, Bonifacians seek to replicate his miracle of converting vast swarms of pagans to the Catholic faith, as such Bonifacians have an incredibly high rate of Martyrdom compared to their brother Orders. Their manpower is mostly made of Frontier converts and without the long history of the Jesuits and Dominicans, the Bonifacians find themselves as neither the most skilled orators nor the most knowledgeable theologians. They however make up for it with passion alone, fiery speakers and fearless confessors dot their ranks as they throw themselves into the uncertainty of the Frontier, the Hegemony and against the Tribunal's lackeys. However outside of Frontier space they are positively odd, stranger than the others at least as they are riddled with conspiracy theories about Sol and hold incredibly conservative opinions on the subjects of Hell and the Devil, their preaching style far more akin to that of the Early Church who constantly threatened the dangers of hellfire and everlasting pain.

Playing a Bonifacian Chaplain means playing someone from the Frontier, usually a convert who hates Corporations, hates Sol and hates pompous rich kids so chances are he is not so very popular with the crew, either due to a foul mood or constant paranoia of Nanotrasen secretly being controlled by the Anti-Christ. In line with their Frontier background they are however tough and reliable people, none more trustworthy nor more willing to forgive previous crimes. They are very traditional like their Dominican counterparts but more out of fear of hell than genuine knowledge on theology. Bonifacian laity would also be men from the Frontier or at least volunteers to work on Frontier charities and should be a bit odd yet trustworthy individuals as well. A particular focus on the Church Militant should be kept in mind when playing one.

They are assigned the Ecclesiastical province of the Frontier, Izwehski Hegemony and the Empire of Dominia, all marked as mission territory. The extensive territory they cover, their high rate of martyrdom and low numbers mean as a order they struggle far more than the others. Edict breakers would find themselves most at home with the Bonifacian style of preaching and resistance. Their HQ is attempting to establish itself in the Moghes Wastes.

-

Knightly Orders:

Knights of St. John

A volunteer organisation open to both Laity and Religious, it holds significant real estate on Earth still yet it mainly operates out of Luna. It is the most consistent Catholic religious order that has collaborated with the IAC as many of its hospices are established during its operations. They operate just about everywhere they can. Those who studied under them or worked closely with them would best fit as an EMT, Medical Doctor or Surgeon. Their duties involve assisting and healing the sick.

Knights of St. Boniface

A volunteer organisation restricted to the Laity, it holds mild financial status as its members sell off much of their assets to be able to assist the Order of St. Boniface with their goal to establish a HQ on Moghes Wastes. Due to the dangerous territory they face, although their members are sometimes Doctors the bulk of them either provide personal security for the Bonifacians land holdings and clergy or use their practical skills to make life a bit easier for the Bonifacians. Corporate Security, Engineers, Botanists and Medical Doctor characters are most likely to have Knight status in this Order. Their duties involve asset protection, construction and healing the sick.

Order of Christ

A volunteer organisation open to both Laity and the religious. The revived Knights Templar (now known as the Order of Christ) were brought to the foreground during the Year of the Three Popes. Tasked specifically with the protection of its faithful and landholdings they appear wherever the Catholic Church needs them to provide security detail, whether this is on the harshness of the Frontier, assisting their fellow Knights of St. John with IAC ventures or even the rebellious Mars. Corporate Security and Engineers are most likely to have Knight status within this order. They may also be popular with Martian characters. Their duties involve asset protection and healing the sick.

• 4 months later...