Incident Report 15/04/2460

Reporting Personnel: Liam Coulson

Rank of Reporting Personnel: Detective

Game ID: bTT-cl4l

Personnel Involved:

- I-AN, CSI (main offender)

- Edward Sholl, Warden (secondary offender)

- Ikaseo Resskair, Security Officer (secondary offender)

- Ali Holmes, CMO (witness)

- Faysal Al-Shennawi (witness)

Time of Incident:

Real time: approx 1730 BST

Location of Incident: Forensics Lab, starboard primary hallway

Nature of Incident:

[]Workplace Hazard

[]Accident/Injury

[]Destruction of Property

[x]Neglect of Duty

[]Harassment

[]Assault

[x]Misconduct

[]Other _____

Overview of the Incident: Along the course of the shift i was notified that an engineer died in research maint. I donned a softsuit and went to check on it. Upon locating the body of the engineer, looking around the scene and finding nothing of notice I decided to wrap it up and haul the body to medical for a cloning attempt. While I was handling the body the main offender (CSI I-AN) told me to make sure to give the body to him first and not to medical. I pointed out that the standard procedure dictates that the body should be cloned first before any post-mortem procedures are done. He stated that it's not the case and that the body can be contaminated with prints during cloning which would impede the investigation. This obvious mistake was actively indulged by the secondary offenders officer Resskair and warden Sholl. The situation culminated in the CSI I-AN taking the body off my hands in the middle of a hallway and hauling it off to forensics lab. Not wishing to escalate the conflict on the spot due to the lack of non-lethal tools at hand I tried to contact present heads of staff to adress the issue. The CE was preoccupied, as was the CMO. So upon explaining the issue to the HoP due to the time it took me to prove that the standard procedure indeed dictated to perform a cloning attempt prior to autopsy the main offender went to cryostorage. The HoP then adviced me to file an incident report. Collecting evidence relevant to the issue I asked the CMO to acknowledge the incisions on the dead body of the engineer which he did and so he's listed as a witness.

Did you report it to a Head of Department or IAA? If so, who?: Ali Holmes (CMO) and Faysal Al-Shennawi (HoP) were contacted about this incident

Actions taken: The main offender cryod before action could be taken and HoP Al-Shennawi adviced me to file an incident report

Additional Notes: While it's not imperative for head of personnel, officers or warden to know the standard protocol of death investigations the lack of such knowledge from a crime scene investigator is unacceptable. The main argument of advocates of this mistake is that "cloning can contaminate the body with prints of handling personnel" which is completely irrelevant since lifting a fingerprint off of human skin is a very difficult process and the station lacks the equipment to do so. No exceptional circumstances to justify doing an autopsy prior to cloning were present

TO: Liam Coulson, Detective, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that your incident report has been received and placed in a queue for the CCIA Office to review.

If necessary, you will be contacted by a CCIA Agent when an investigation begins.

--------------------

DTG: 16-12:21-TAU CETI STANDARD-04-2060

SIGN: CCIAAMS

TO: Liam Coulson, Detective, NSS Aurora

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that an investigation has now been opened regarding your incident report, and assigned to Daniel Bradford (jmj99).

You may be contacted by the CCIAA for an interview, or you may contact them directly if you have any questions.

--------------------

DTG: 14-06-TAU CETI STANDARD-04-2460

SIGN: CCIAAMS

• 3 weeks later...

TO: Liam Coulson Detective, NSS Aurora

--------------------

BODY:

This is a notification that the investigation regarding this incident has concluded. No action has been taken on affected individuals. As much of this incident was due to belief in non-existent policy, to clarify:

Neither medical or security takes priority over a body, it is circumstantial, if security wishes to conduct a crime scene investigation, they should inform medical of such.

This matter will now be considered resolved.

--------------------

DTG: 09-13:42-TAU CETI STANDARD-05-2460

SIGN: D. Bradford