[]Workplace Hazard

[]Accident/Injury

[]Destruction of Property

[]Neglect of Duty

[x]Harassment

[]Assault

[x]Misconduct

[x]Other: i211 - Sedition

Overview of the Incident: Once it became apparent that we were having a slow shift, during which we had a single injury over the course of an hour, I offered to teach my medical resident, Janna Staar, some basic surgery. To safely accomplish this, I ordered a brain dead protohuman from cargo. First, I taught my resident to treat brain damage surgically. In order to prepare the protohuman, I suffocated it just long enough to cause minimal damage. After my resident successfully completed this surgery, I taught her to mend a broken bone. I used a walking cane to inflict enough damage on the protohuman to break its leg, then walked my resident through the treatment. Lastly, I used a circular saw to inflict heart damage on the protohuman to teach my resident internal organ repair. I believe that, as gruesome as it is, it is better for residents to learn surgery under controlled circumstances on numb, brain dead protohumans, than to expect them to learn on real patients who may die if there is a mistake, under far more stressful circumstances.

As I finished up our training, the AI alerted the Head of Security, Azkuyua Triaka, that I had been beating someone in surgery. When I explained to Triaka that it was a protohuman, she insisted that it was not. She accused me of being inhumane with an animal, once I insisted it was a protohuman, and threatened to detain me. I told her doing so would be illegal, and that if she detained me I would file an IR, and she threatened to “absolutely destroy you” to me over Command radio. She then demanded to know whether the protohuman was given anesthetic. It was not, as it is brain dead and cannot feel pain. As I continued to defend myself, she said I was no longer permitted to speak as she was filing an injunction against me. Once again, I told her that this is not how regulation works. A Head of Security cannot file an injunction on another member of Command staff, especially not on green alert, and especially not if there is no threat. A Head of Security is not an acting Captain if there are two other members of command present (Parker and myself). Filing an injuction, threatening me with brig time for breaking no reghulations, and threatening to destroy me show, to me, a tremendous lack of understanding of corporate regulation and an extreme negligence of professional conduct.

I am attaching copies of two pieces of paperwork, first, my order of the protohuman which clearly states it is braindead, and second, the unlawful injunction.

01.png.b5a89963b4852ad3ccda2d65c44b66cc.png

02.png.9a3bb21941e2f41d9f2e6a7ce1f9b367.png

Did you report it to a Head of Department or IAA? If so, who?: No

Actions taken: I was unable to take any.

Additional Notes: N/A

TO: Fernando Gonzales, Chief Medical Officer, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that your incident report has been received and placed in a queue for the CCIA Division to review.

If necessary, you will be contacted by a CCIA Agent when an investigation begins.

--------------------

DTG: 27-08:25-TAU CETI STANDARD-04-2460

SIGN: CCIAAMS

• 2 weeks later...

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that an investigation has now been opened regarding your incident report, and assigned to CCIAA Luke Pena (Elliot123).

You may be contacted by the CCIAA for an interview, or you may contact them directly if you have any questions.

--------------------

DTG: 07-12:18-TAU CETI STANDARD-05-2460

SIGN: CCIAMS

• 5 weeks later...

--------------------

BODY:

This incident report has been closed after investigation. The appropriate action has been taken toward relevant parties.

--------------------

DTG: 6-20:54-TAU CETI STANDARD-06-2460

SIGN: LP