Incident Report - 11/19/2459

((Let me preface this by saying... My God is this going to be a juicy one. This was an extended round, meaning absolutely nothing was compelled by adminbus or antag actions.))

Reporting Personnel: Noir

Rank of Reporting Personnel: Detective

Game ID: bRw-blTq

Personnel Involved:

- Detective Noir; Witness/Responder/Investigator (Bath Salts Addict)

- Cadet ODIN; Witness/Responder/Investigator (Sytic)

- Zeffis Crone; Responder

- Bryce Bogan; Responder

- Brenna Wheeler; Primary Offender (Morris - exe.cute)

- Darion Muck; Secondary Offender (Ajstorey456)

Time of Incident: Estimated 12:30 station time throughout the entire shift.

Real time: Around 3:00 AM GMT-6, 11/19/2017

Location of Incident: Research Department; Research Maintenance; Brig - Interrogation

Nature of Incident:

• []Workplace Hazard

[]Accident/Injury

[]Destruction of Property

[X]Neglect of Duty

[]Harassment

[X]Assault

[X]Misconduct

[X] Attempted theft of NanoTrasen property estimated to around one million credits or more.

[X] Extreme disorderly conduct and blatant disregard for corporate regulations.

Overview of the Incident:

At approximately twelve thirty station time, this unit was alerted to an illegally constructed AI core and AI upload console in Research maintenance. Upon arrival at the scene, I was beset upon by the person responsible, Brenna Wheeler. Wheeler, with boards supplied via RnD (she claims she was "allowed" in) and an intellicard from tech storage, proceeded to construct a smaller scale version of the AI core chamber in a room behind Robotics in maintenance, illegally modifying the entire area to do so. Upon Security orders, she agreed to deconstruct the upload console, while a nearby engineer unbolted the inactive AI core for safekeeping in the evidence storage room. Wheeler attempted to claim the boards for herself, citing them as science property. They were, however, considered evidence as they were part of this unit's investigation. She eventually relented, although at one point she did attempt to non-forcefully push me aside while I confronted her. Wheeler was taken to the Brig for processing and then interrogation.

Officer Crone, who first responded to the scene, later informed me that Wheeler told him she was planning to sell the AI when she got it working, claiming that they go for "millions" on the market. Wheeler, however, claimed she was going to study it, using the plural "we". When I queried on who "we" was, she claimed herself and the entire science department. However, if her experiment had the acknowledgment and approval of the science department, she would not have seen fit to construct the AI core in maintenance, where anyone with maintenance access could have entered and potentially stolen it. The legitimacy of their approval would have allowed for her to construct it in the department proper, where it would be in a more secure, fitting environment. It is more likely that Wheeler did not, in fact, have the approval of the department and intended to sell the AI for the aforementioned millions. "We" in this case likely refers to Darion Muck, who most likely gave her the boards necessary for the core's construction, and later became heavily involved in Miss Wheeler's escape attempt.

Unfortunately, interrogation was cut short as we noticed a GPS being teleported around the interrogation room before finally resting underneath Miss Wheeler's chair. Before we could move her away, the GPS disappeared and, with it, Miss Wheeler. Knowing exactly who it was, Security rushed to telescience and arrested Darion Muck, who allowed Wheeler to flee after teleporting her and not reporting what he claims to be an "accidental" teleportation to Security. Wheeler did not make any attempts to return to the Brig or establish contact with Security, forcing us to start a manhunt for her. Officer Bogan, with Muck's PDA, began messaging Wheeler posing as Muck, indicating that the two had collaborated to make the escape possible as Wheeler openly admitted to hiding from Security and requesting his further assistance. However, Wheeler soon caught on to the fact that the Muck was she conversing with was an impostor, and Bogan blew his cover. I, myself, communicated with Wheeler via PDA where she told me she was in the medbay's maintenance, an area she could not exit because she did not have access to, despite showing a clear ability and equipment necessary to hack doors in the past. When she could not be found, she repeatedly refused demands to turn on her suit sensors, and eventually admitted that she was hiding from Security on claims that charges were being "fabricated" against her.

Officer Bogan eventually found Wheeler in Research Maintenance, an area she does in fact have access to. Bogan claims Wheeler ambushed him and took his baton, beating him with it until he drew blood. Hearing the fight, ODIN and this unit found Bogan on the ground and subdued Wheeler, taking her back to interrogation for the second half. Wheeler continued to repeatedly deny any wrong-doing despite the evidence surmounted against her. Her conduct during the entire shift was reprehensible and unbecoming of a alleged "doctor", as she claimed to be, and put her entire mental status into question. When she was in Processing, Miss Wheeler proceeded to break out of the Brig and proceeded towards the Bridge before being intercepted by ODIN and I and taken to the crew transfer shuttle. It is likely that Wheeler had intended to hack into the Bridge and steal an escape pod while the crew transfer was occurring.

Attached documents:

Exhibit one: second half of Wheeler's interrogation. The first half was unfortunately lost due to a recording error.

[00:00] Recording started.

[00:02] Noir says, "This is Detective Noir, continuing interrogation one of case one. The interrogation was interrupted by Darion Muck, who teleported Wheeler and assisted her in fleeing into maintenance."

[00:25] Noir says, "Give Muck's PDA and ID to the Warden."

[00:31] Noir says, "It is outside interrogation."

[00:34] Noir says, "Miss Wheeler."

[00:37] Noir asks, "Why did you flee?"

[00:37] Brenna Wheeler asks, "Yes?"

[00:44] Brenna Wheeler says, "I didn't. I got teleported out."

[00:50] Brenna Wheeler says, "Still don't know how"

[00:57] ODIN says, "That wasn't the mentioned fleeing."

[01:06] Brenna Wheeler says, "Honestly? I panicked."

[01:10] ODIN says, "Why did you then run away right after, instead of coming back to face your sentence."

[01:16] Brenna Wheeler says, "I panicked"

[01:21] ODIN asks, "Fair, but why did you continue to run after establishing contact?"

[01:22] Brenna Wheeler says, "It's not something IPCs can relate to"

[01:29] Brenna Wheeler says, "I don't have an ID. I can't get out."

[01:31] Noir says, "You are making yourself seem worse."

[01:44] Brenna Wheeler says, "I couldn't get outta maint"

[01:50] ODIN says, "We had established contact to you, and it would have been fine had you come back afterwards."

[01:58] Brenna Wheeler says, "I was turning my sensors on when that fucking mongol attacked me"

[02:20] Noir says, "You did not immediately return to the Brig. You did not establish contact. You turned off your suit sensors."

[02:25] Brenna Wheeler says, "Noir, you say me. I didn't hurt him, when I could've."

[02:29] Brenna Wheeler says, "My sensors have been off"

[02:41] Brenna Wheeler says, "I didn't establish because I was terrified."

[02:47] Brenna Wheeler says, "It looks bad, but it's the truth."

[03:05] Brenna Wheeler says, "Fucking lovely"

[03:16] ODIN asks, "How does a robot snore?"

[03:30] ODIN asks, "Status, Graham?"

[03:30] Brenna Wheeler asks, "He's damaged, his personality module crashed?"

[03:34] Brenna Wheeler says, "Either could be it."

[03:49] Brenna Wheeler says, "Welcome back"

[03:52] Noir says, "You did not immediately return to the Brig. You did not establish contact. You turned off your suit sensors."

[03:53] ODIN says, "I don't think either account can be trusted, considering one is a currently drunk officer, and one is a known felon- at least at the current time."

[03:56] Brenna Wheeler says, "Do you need repairs? Is that what this i s."

[04:17] ODIN says, "But either way, the point stands. Once contact was established, you continued to run."

[04:26] Brenna Wheeler says, "I didn't ever run. I sat in place."

[04:27] ODIN says, "You could have easily explained the panicked dash."

[04:32] Noir says, "You did not."

[04:34] ODIN says, "You did not."

[04:42] Brenna Wheeler says, "I sat in place after getting into maint."

[04:46] Noir says, "You left telescience and entered maintenance."

[04:52] Noir asks, "How is that not fleeing?"

[04:53] ODIN says, "We have an account from Darion Muck."

[04:58] Brenna Wheeler says, "I panicked, ran itno maint, then pretty much sat put."

[05:10] Noir says, "You claimed you did not know where you were, but you clearly knew."

[05:10] Brenna Wheeler says, "Till your officer attacked me."

[05:20] Noir says, "You then provided false locations."

[05:21] Brenna Wheeler asks, "Clearly knew? How?"

[05:55] ODIN says, "Multiple false locations, instead of simply giving contact and explaining your wherabouts, how you ran in panic of how the situation looked, and apologized. It wasn't your fault you teleported, after all."

[06:03] Noir says, "Miss Wheeler. Unless you are mentally deficient, you cannot exit the science department through a maintenance tunnel you are clearly familiar enough with to construct an AI core in one of said tunnels' rooms, and then proceed to claim you do not know where you are while saying you remained stationary."

[06:23] Brenna Wheeler says, "get the fuck out"

[06:26] ODIN beeps, "Tone it down a notch, Noir."

[06:32] Noir beeps, "This unit is irritated."

[06:41] Noir beeps, "I am unsure why I am experiencing this."

[06:48] Brenna Wheeler says, "Doctor Wheeler, if we're going by last names"

[06:54] ODIN beeps, "We should have that looked at. Irritation is a bad emotion to be developing."

[07:12] Brenna Wheeler says, "Look"

[07:14] Noir says, "No offense, Miss Wheeler, but you are not behaving in the correct conduct for a doctor to behave."

[07:15] Brenna Wheeler says, "I was there."

[07:18] Noir says, "I have lost any respect for you."

[07:40] Brenna Wheeler says, "I didn't hurt anyone. I didn't kill that guy when I damn well should've."

[07:45] Brenna Wheeler says, "I didn't fight you"

[07:48] Brenna Wheeler says, "Though I had a baton"

[07:52] Brenna Wheeler says, "And could've"

[07:55] Noir says, "Your baton would have been useless."

[07:58] Noir says, "But regardless."

[08:02] Brenna Wheeler asks, "Why are you insisting that I'm so malicious?"

[08:13] Brenna Wheeler says, "Noir, let's not act like I don't know IPC anatomy."

[08:28] Brenna Wheeler says, "Disabling your leg, your arm, or your head would've put you down."

[08:41] Noir says, "You were also outnumbered three to one."

[08:51] Brenna Wheeler asks, "Did I know that?"

[08:53] Brenna Wheeler says, "No."

[08:55] Noir says, "Yes."

[09:00] Brenna Wheeler says, "I didn't, actually."

[09:01] Noir says, "Let us proceed to the second line of questioning."

[09:15] ODIN says, "You have made mistakes, and instead of apologizing for them, refuse to believe you have made them. Covered it up, lied and connived the security force, and even had assaulted members of the security staff. Instead of doing anything on the lines of admitting your falsehoods and apologizing, you refuse to admit blame, or go through the correct channels for anything you wanted to do on the station, or go through correct channels once you were teleported away."

[09:32] Noir says, "Yes. That sums up your actions, Miss Wheeler."

[09:38] ODIN says, "This is why Noir is insisting you are malicious."

[09:47] Brenna Wheeler says, "I admited to what I did."

[09:52] Brenna Wheeler says, "I didn't assault him, that was self defense."

[10:31] ODIN says, "Self defense doesn't apply to criminals, especially when members of the security detail are stunning you to apprehend you."

[10:40] Brenna Wheeler asks, "Drunk members of security?"

[10:46] Brenna Wheeler says, "How about then."

[10:58] Brenna Wheeler asks, "Should I not defend myself?"

[11:02] ODIN says, "Not under his own volition of being drunk."

[11:09] Noir says, "Actually."

[11:14] Noir says, "Bogan was lying about the virus making him drunk."

[11:23] Noir says, "I can hear him drinking in the observation room."

[11:24] ODIN says, "Note that down, Noir."

[11:28] Brenna Wheeler says, "Either way, he's drunk."

[11:42] Noir says, "And that does not justify your actions, Miss Wheeler."

[11:47] ODIN says, "Then that's pretty valid, ma'am. Apologies. But still, you had evaded all of the security detail."

[11:57] Brenna Wheeler asks, "Of not hurting him on the ground? When I damn well could've?"

[12:09] Noir says, "In the interest of not drawing this out any further, I believe we can conclude this interrogation. The evidence speaks for itself, and ODIN has summarized things nicely."

[12:10] ODIN says, "Also, about the "three on one situation" you were so convinced you could have handled with ease."

[12:21] Brenna Wheeler says, "I didn't know there were three"

[12:30] Brenna Wheeler says, "I thought it was Noir and the officer."

[12:34] ODIN says, "I turned the safety off after the first charge-up, I could have turned your face into the remains of paper mache in a microwave."

[12:41] Noir buzzes.

[12:42] Noir says, "ODIN."

[12:47] Noir says, "No threats."

[12:59] ODIN says, "Apologies, Noir."

[13:06] ODIN says, "It was not a threat, however. Just stating."

[13:17] Brenna Wheeler says, "Pretty threatening if you ask me."

[13:42] Noir says, "This is Detective Noir concluding interrogation one of case one. The evidence speaks for itself. All of this will be presented before Internal Affairs as part of an end-of-shift incident report."

[13:53] Recording stopped.

Exhibit two: a photo of the scene prior to it's deconstruction. An engineer had already begun deconstructing the area.

6f8683a7a0d2eae0bed3d8200f36064a.png

Exhibit three: a photo of the collected evidence from the scene, showing the seized inactive AI core, the AI upload circuit board, and an AI law module.

8b7388900c049ec386639f2289fd4b29.png

Exhibit four: a photo immediately after her assault on Officer Bogan. Note the bloodied baton and welding goggles covering her eyes.

50df8c0bc7340f7fcf562f7176c50d09.png

Actions taken: Miss Wheeler was charged with suspicious conduct, neglect of duty, and illegal modification/vandalism during the first "half" of the incident. Darion Muck, as an accomplice, was charged with all of the aforementioned crimes along with organizing a breakout for his part in aiding Wheeler's escape via telescience. Brenna Wheeler was later charged with sparking a manhunt, escaping from confinement, and assault.

TO: Noir, Detective, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that your incident report has been received and placed in a queue for the CCIA Division to review.

You will be contacted, if necessary, by a CCIA Agent when and if an investigation begins.

DTG: 19-08:27-TAU CETI STANDARD-11-2459

SIGN: CCIAAMS

TO: Noir, Detective, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that an investigation has now been opened regarding your incident report, and assigned to CCIAA Daniel Bradford(JMJ_99).

You may be contacted by the duty officer for an interview, or you may contact them directly if you have any questions.

--------------------

DTG: 21-22:30-TAU CETI STANDARD-11-2459

SIGN: CCIAA Daniel Bradford

Closing this IR as the administration has decided this incident to be more of an OOC issue than an IC one.

Similar behavior from the player was brought up in a player complaint below, the resolution of which being an OOC expectation that the player would improve the believability of their character's actions.

https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=9426&p=86940