Elyra News Network

Elyra News Network

“For Greatness, We Strive”

Call For Tolerance?

Call For Tolerance?

After the recent burst of violence between religious groups on Persepolis, Prime Minister, Rasheed Tatenda had a live speech at 12:00 PM today. During the speech he said, “Even though the progress that we, people of Elyra have made towards completer religious tolerance, the smaller towns outside our beautiful cities have not yet taken to the ways of peace and tolerance. They still squabble about who it is they worship and how they worship them. As I am sure you are all aware, these bickerings have been going on since before we even founded this Serene Republic, but we have let them continue nevertheless as they were causing little harm. But things have changed. On December 18, 2457, riots broke out across the rural regions of Persepolis. Luckily few were wounded as authorities put a stop to it right away. But this… This is something that can lead us to collapse on ourselves. So I ask you, dear Elyran, put aside your differences so we can focus our power on making our nation greater than it has ever been.” The reporter carries on speaking after showing the recording of Prime Minister: Rasheed Tatenda giving his speech.

High Parliament Action

The High Parliament is said to be in the foreseeable future, voting on having religious tolerance and Secularism be a mandatory thing taught in areas where there is high religious tolerance. The bill has been sent up through the planetary parliaments on most of the Elyran planets. Many hope for it to be passed. More on that in the coming weeks.

The rest of the page is just useless information about the economy and local events.

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elyra News Network

An Uproar Among the Masses

An Uproar Among the Masses

Ever since Prime Minister Tatenda gave his speech yesterday afternoon there has been waves of backlash coming from the rural areas of Medina and Persepolis, while tensions are still high between the Elyran citizens in the cities and the Elyran citizens in the outlying towns and villages things seem to be cooling off since Minister of Diplomatic Affairs, Andile Nabil released an article saying that all of the uproar was for nothing and that the Prime Minister is not trying to punish the rural dwellers, Nabil said that it was a misunderstanding and Minister Tatenda is truly trying to do what is best for Elyra and her people. An ENN reporter had the chance to interview Nabil only getting this from them, “No, it isn’t that… It isn’t that we are trying to take away the people’s religion. It is that we are trying to teach the people to be more accepting to each other’s beliefs. There really is no reason for the uproar, we are all Elyran here aren’t we?”

Small Skirmish Against Nanotrasen

Just a little while ago, Daniyah Latifah, Minister of the Navy announced the outcomes of a small skirmish on the Republic’s outskirts. The Minister’s report said that Elyran Military Vessels harassed a small group of Nanotrasen trade ships that called in support from a NMV in the area, the outcome of the skirmish was a victory on our part. Minister Latifah had no comments when we attempted to interview them about our relations with Nanotrasen.

Inferno on Bursa

Just this morning, there was an explosion of a power plant on Bursa, many casualties have been reported and even more injured. The local fire squads have spent all morning trying to calm the blaze. Authorities will most likely not be able to investigate the cause of the blast until later tonight or early tomorrow.

The rest of the article is uninteresting news about celebrities and ads about household items.

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

Was It An Accident?

Was It An Accident?

After the fire from the power plant on Bursa finally settled, local authorities were able to find enough evidence near the area of where the fire started to suspect that the explosion was indeed, not an accident. So far there are no leads as to who caused the explosion but it was linked to a gas leak somewhere in the complex. There are still forensic units on the scene trying to piece together whatever they find. Our reporters have been told that the investigation process may take quite a long time.

Update On The Bill

Recent polls suggest that the bill that has been proposed in High Parliament a few days ago is strongly opposed by many of the votes so far. It is still early so we may see change sometime soon. But for now it looks like it will fail.

Preparation For The Holiday Season

Holiday sales are predicted to be at an all time high this season. Sales have been climbing over the years as the push to move away from the religious connotation to a more festive time of year that is mostly for people to buy things for a cheaper price. This year is predicted to be an all time high because of the massive increase in our economy over the past year, “More money to spend on cheaper things that benefit us all. What is there not to like?” Said a toy corporation’s president earlier.

Minor uninteresting ads continue down the rest of the page

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

New Trade Fleet

New Trade Fleet

The Shipyards on Persepolis have finally created enough trade ships in order to create a new fleet to trade with the nearby systems. Projected profits are extremely high and suspected to give the economy the boost it has been looking for for years now. The trade fleet is scheduled to launch on Wednesday.

Drug Control On The Rise

During the past week there have been many raids on homes in the residential districts of Edirne. The Edirne government claims that they were related to the leaking of the planet’s many drug dealers. An ENN reporter interviewed a local police chief and he said this, “Listen, I understand that the civilians are getting worried about us raiding those houses. But look at this.” He said as he held up a bag of what we can assume are drugs of some sort. “These… These are what we were getting from those houses. These things right here pose a huge threat to the youth of Elyra as it is cheap and the dealers tell of good things coming from it. That is why we did those raids.” The Chief continued to say how those raids should be the last of them for a good amount of time. He also wanted us to say that citizens shouldn’t be worrying as they have want the best for Elyra.

Tensions Are Still High

Tensions are still high on Persepolis and Medina. The authorities have recently put more pressure on any of the protesters and have coordinated many more patrols through the less developed areas of those planets. People are becoming worried as they fear that things aren’t going to be changing anytime soon.

Miscellaneous ads litter the rest of the article

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

Trade Fleet Sucess!

Trade Fleet Success!

The new trade fleet that was manufactured has just launched a little while ago. The fleet is on schedule and has had no issues so far. This is a great day for the Republic and we should be expected noticeable effects coming from the fleet.

Bombing On Medina

This morning members of a known terrorist group set off three large scale bombs on the planet Medina. Many civilians in Medina’s major cities have been killed in the incident and many more have been injured. An Elyran fleet in the local area was dispatched to Medina to restore order to the cities. Shortly after the fleet arrived everything was settled down and the local authorities began searching the surrounding area for the bombers. More updates will be posted as we receive them.

Update On The Drug Raids

After the many drug raids that happened on Edirne in the past week, things seem to be finally settling down and the local civilians are regaining trust with the government there. The drug threat on the planet is still considered to be high but it is slowly dropping thanks to the diligent efforts from our authorities.

The rest of the page is uninteresting ads

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!

The following is an interview that took place with Commander Thaddeus Avalon aboard the Nanotrasen Research station called the NSS Aurora. It is located in the Tau Ceti system. The Commander allowed this to be posted to the Elyra News Network. Reporter Nadia Amari sent this in for approval and we made sure it got to you, dear readers, as soon as possible. Message us what you think about this.

Is This Really What Nanotrasen Thinks?

This is Nadia Amari with a special report about an interview with Commander Avalon of the NSS Aurora. Commander Thaddeus Avalon is from Epsilon Eridani of the Eridani Federation. He has served as a Security Consultant for various private shipping companies throughout the frontier systems so he is familiar with Elyra.

I asked the Commander what he currently knew about the relations between Elyra and Nanotrasen and he replied with, "I know that the Republic of Elyra has utilized their military to harass and inhibit NanoTrasen's trading and cargo ships. I replied to the Commander saying that the vessels were filled with armaments that shouldn’t have been brought into the New Ankara system.

Our government deemed the vessels as a threat and after warning them had to destroy the vessels before they caused any damage. While our fighters scrambled to take out the vessels, they called in help from a nearby NMV escalating the situation further. The Commander also told me that, “The fact that a government would engage a private corporation's trading and shipping vessels, that contain citizens of the Sol Alliance, Republic of Biesel and even Elyra is… Disgusting.

I told him that we have a mindset that is hostile to Nanotrasen due to their actions in pushing further into the Elyran government that has been going on for decades. Once I told him that, he replied with these exact words, “That’s hearsay.” Even though it is true as Nanotrasen has been trying to infiltrate our government ever since the discovery of the large plasma deposits in our Grand Republic.

When I asked the Commander if he thinks things will escalate further he replied with, "I believe that NanoTrasen will continue their usual activities, the Fleet Security Force is effective and if Elyra causes further issues, it will merely reinforce its control in the area, and should it be necessary, I believe firmly that the Republic of Biesel will step in to defend NanoTrasen." I further questioned his belief that Nanotrasen should even be involved with the Republic and why they should have control over the area in the first place. He said that Nanotrasen wishes to utilize the space that we own to trade.

I replied to him with this, “Understandable... You don't feel Nanotrasen's interests has anything to due with the large plasma deposits in the region?" He told me that Nanotrasen has always vested an interest in any source of the material called “Plasma” and that it provides an excellent fuel source. He also said that we are not advanced enough to properly utilize the deposits of the mineral as well as Nanotrasen is.

About the Republic engaging Nanotrasen he had to say this, “The Republic of Elyra has committed nothing short of a violation of the Luna Convention of Galactic Law." The Commander also said these exact words that insults our Prime Minister, “Daniyah Latifah is nothing short of a coward, attacking NanoTrasen civilian staff to goad out a response from Fleet Security in order to make NanoTrasen appear like an aggressor, to further his political agenda."

As an afterthought the Commander said this, “I would like to say that my statement in no way, represents NanoTrasen Corporation Conglomerate in an official capacity, and that my statement should not be used as an example of what NanoTrasen's Board of Directors think on the matter.” Even if he isn’t representing all of Nanotrasen, he is a high ranking member and mine as well be representing them as they most likely think the same as the over-zealous Commander. Nadia Amari, ENN

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

More Plasma Found

More Plasma Found

This morning a mining group made a huge discovery. They found a massive vein of plasma in a group of asteroids in the New Ankara system. Once all of the plasma is mined it will bring in massive amounts of profits for the Republic. After having more teams sent out to explore the surrounding areas they have discovered multiple bunches of plasma giving us a much higher value than we first thought.

Update On The Bursa Inferno

The blaze that occurred on Bursa on the 20th finally produced some results. The forensic groups released information to the public that said that the incident occurred due to miscommunication between the staff on the plant. The miscommunication caused the technicians to start the engine that keeps the power running at the wrong time lighting plasma on fire that got released. They assure us that it is indeed an accident.

Better Content Soon

ENN Reporter Nadia Amari has been dispatched to one of Nanotrasen’s space stations in the Tau Ceti station in order for us to get a better understanding of the public’s opinion on the relations between Nanotrasen and Elyra. More updates coming soon.

Interview Of The Day

This is Nadia Amari interviewing Father Grigore, counselor on one of Nanotrasen’s space stations in the Tau Ceti system.Father Grigore Constantine is a Sol citizen but has been with Nanotrasen for quite a long time. I asked him about what he thought about the rising tensions between Nanotrasen and Elyra. He responded with, “I would say Nanotrasen and Elyra are both looking out for their own interest. It will inevitably turn violent if nobody steps in." This is Nadia Amari, ENN News.

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

Holiday Tensions Rise

Holiday Tensions Rise

Yesterday, Nanotrasen made a statement about the interview with Commander Thaddeus Avalon from the NSS Aurora. They confirmed what the Commander said as the interview came to a close that he does not represent what the leaders of Nanotrasen think. With the statement that Nanotrasen released and with another attack on Nanotrasen shipping lines that went through the Jedeed Isfahan System tensions between the two factions are probably the highest they have been in decades. Navy Minister Daniyah Latifah told our reporters that the Elyran Navy will not let shipments go through the Elyran controlled systems that may end up harming the Elyran people.

Plasma Incident

Ever since the plasma deposits in the New Ankara system were found, Nanotrasen has been bombarding Minister Nabil with offers of great amounts of money if Elyra sells the rights to allow Nanotrasen to set up mining operations on the deposits. At this time Minister Nabil has told Nanotrasen no as Elyra has recently opened a Space Station orbiting Persepolis that will help process the Plasma into something useful that will help the Elyran people without having to rely on a Private Corporation.

Interview Of The Day

Greetings readers, Nadia Amari reporting another member of Nanotrasen. This time, I am interviewing Captain Valorallen Vitellia. He is currently Captaining on the NSS Aurora even though he has worked on many stations.

Amari: “First question for you Captain, where are you from originally?”

Vitellia: “Well, I was born on Persepolis before Elyra gained their independence from the Sol Alliance. I do want to say, that I having been working for Nanotrasen for quite a long time and have been a loyal member of their personnel.”

Amari: “Oh, so you are a citizen of the Republic?”

Vitellia: “Uhm, well yes, I am currently holding a citizenship with Elyra.”

Amari: “Even better, what do you personally feel about the current relations between the Republic and Nanotrasen?”

Vitellia: “I feel that we may be able to work things out between the factions but I am not very confident that the Republic will be ready to talk things out as they keep sending fighters to destroy Nanotrasen traders, who I will say are not operated by strictly Bieselians. Some of the workers on those ships are citizens of the Sol Alliance and Elyra. So I am not sure why Latifah keeps carrying out this attacks.”

Amari: “Well, you are sure informed on what is going on… You also have some… Interesting opinions about your own nation.”

Vitellia: “I may be Elyran Miss Amari but it does not mean I have to mindlessly follow their actions.”

Amari: “ALRIGHT, next question. How do you think that things will turn out? Will the actions of Nanotrasen continue to escalate into open war or will the Republic be able to settle things down?”

Vitellia: “I hope you realize Miss Amari, that your questions that you are asking are trying to get me to say things that you want to hear. But I will say this, the Elyran attacks are completely and fully unwarranted. If Prime Minister Tatenda really actually wanted things to turn out peacefully he would have ordered Minister Latifah to stop with the attacks while things are going on. Nanotrasen is not without fault either, they could temporarily divert their shipping lanes to move around Elyra until things are worked out. Also, they do not need to constantly try to force their ways into the government.”

Amari: “Okay… You seem to be taking a neutral side in all of this. Do you want to tell us why?”

Vitellia: “It is quite obvious, I am not sure why you are even asking. I am not by any means a low ranking member of Nanotrasen and I am a citizen of Elyra. I am not going to side with one side as they both things that are in my life. My wife was a low ranking member of Elyran Government so I have great respect for both of the factions. Now if you will, please continue with your questions.”

Amari:“Uhm, well alright. Do you feel Elyra was right in the attacks against Nanotrasen?”

Vitellia: “As I have already stated, no they were not justifying whatsoever.”

Amari: “Ah well, thank you Captain Vitellia… For your most appreciated opinions.”

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

The Fleet Returns

The Fleet Returns

Today, the Trade Fleet that was launched in the past week returned with an abundance of riches that will end up in our economy boosting it once again. Minister of Diplomatic Affairs, Andile Nabil told our reporters that if we really want the trade to boost our economy to a noticeable amount, more fleets will be needed heading to different places. But for now, this is a step in the right direction.

Tensions On Persepolis

The recent tensions that started on Persepolis on the 19th have surpassed that of those that were caused by the interview with the Nanotrasen Commander. Riots have broken out on Persepolis’ Capital City where protesters are outside the Parliament. Riot squads have been deployed in the building and they have been dispensing tear gas in parts of the crowd that has gotten too agressive

Construction Started

Major construction has started on the largest of the Plasma deposits with no incidents so far. Construction has been told to be moving along quite nicely. Minister Nabil told us that things are looking up for Elyra as the construction has created many more jobs that should last for a good amount of time.

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

Parliament Under Fire

Parliament Under Fire

The High Parliament that is located on Persepolis has had a large amount of rioters outside of the building but, this morning, a group of rioters infiltrated the building and attempted to take the members of parliament hostage. Their attempts were barely stopped by the guards of the building. The Parliament is going to be closed for the time until the things on Persepolis finally slow down.

Exclusive Interview

Hello, this is Ramira Morat holding a very special interview with Prime Minister of the Republic of Elyra, Rasheed Tatenda. The following will be the key parts of the very long interview.

Morat: It is good to be here Minister Tatenda, we will begin our interview now. As I am sure you have been having to deal with for some time now, Nanotrasen; What is your plan on dealing working things out?

Tatenda: Now, I will say that I /do/ have a plan to work out with Nanotrasen, I am unable to share this with you at this time but, I am working on working things out peacefully. There is no need to bend to their attacks.

Morat: Very well, it gives all of us peace of mind that you do have some sort of plan. Next question. Do you feel that the Elyran people who are in the ranks of Nanotrasen are under any threat by Nanotrasen if say, complete hostilities broke out between us?

Tatenda: Now, that is an important question that is sadly unknown to us at this time. But I am sure Nanotrasen won’t do anything to their workers. We will hopefully not need to worry about that as we are working out things diplomatically. It will all work out without the Elyran people being put through any suffering.

Morat: Now, I know it is your duty to defend the Elyran people but, how do you feel personally about Nanotrasen.

Tatenda: I have no hate for the employees of Nanotrasen. The people that we do not get along with are the leaders of the Corporation who are pushing themselves into our uncorrupt nation trying to corrupt it with their greed of money and plasma. The workers have nothing to do with their actions.

Morat: That is an interesting but probably true statement. Now, this is an important question. Will things escalate into further violence or will Elyra be able to make Nanotrasen leave us alone?

Tatenda: That is something we may not know until it is too late. But I doubt Nanotrasen would use any of their Security force to invade us. They are just not powerful enough, but if they got help from the Republic of Biesel then we may be under threat of an all out war. But I can assure you, that will not happen under my watch.

Morat: Alright, before we end this interview Minister Tatenda, do you have anything else to tell the people?

Tatenda: Yes, there is nothing for you to fear from Nanotrasen, they wouldn’t dare take the offensive and risk loss of their precious credits. Do not worry and continue on with your lives, we will protect you to the last if it comes to that.

Morat: Thank you so so much Minister, I am sure the people of Elyra are happy that you did this interview. Have a good day.

the rest of the article is the full interview with the Prime Minister and it contains more things about current events of the Republic.

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

Hostage Crisis

Hostage Crisis

During the riots that happened outside of the Parliament building on Persepolis a few days ago, a group of terrorists broke into the building and kidnapped four of the members that were there. Negotiation attempts have been made with the terrorists to bring back the people unharmed and as soon as possible. The authorities have yet to release the names of those kidnapped and we have little information besides this. Demands are said to be very high and we hope that they will be able to be met. More updates soon.

Tensions Lowers

Tensions on Medina, Bursa and Edirne have all reached an all time low. No one is able to really figure out why it has happened but there is a noticeable change in the public attitude. Things have all gone back to business as usual. Let us all hope that this continues for quite a long time.

The rest of the article is about the construction on the Plasma deposits and updates on Persepolis' tensions.

Edited by Guest

((Posted today due to issues with forums yesterday))

Elyra News Network

Hostages Are Freed

Hostages Are Freed

After long times of tension the local authorities made precise strikes in the building where the hostages were being held. The hostages are said to be safe and back with their families at this point in time. The men who took the hostages are said it be detained and questioning will begin soon.

Beginning Of A New Year

As the people of Elyra also follow the calendar that is based off the Sol System, the people are celebrating the turn into a new year, 2458. Many people have said and still believe that 2457 was not our best year and hope to make 2458 a better one. We will see how things turn out.

Mining Accident

As the workers were constructing the mining base on the asteroids off of Persepolis, a rogue rock crashed into the living areas for the workers causing mass venting of the complex. Reports say that there have been mass casualties. Relief efforts have been started in order to evacuate the areas affected by the venting. Progress should continue after the breach is fixed.

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

No Longer Enemy?

No Longer Enemy?

Since the start of the new year, Minister Nabil has been meeting with the Nanotrasen Board of Directors searching for a solution to their differences. Reports say that the meetings have been going well and tensions between the two factions seem to be lowering. These series of meetings have been agreed upon by both parties in hopes of establishing a better trade network in the system. At this time however, Elyra is not too keen on letting Nanotrasen into their systems. Potentially the two factions may come to an agreement to cease hostilities with each other. Nabil has said that he will do he best to mend relations but, he will not forget the things that have occurred between Nanotrasen and us. More on this interesting topic soon.

Mining Back on Track

The breaches that appeared on the mining complex that is currently under construction off of Persepolis have been fully fixed. Construction is back on track and small sections of the complex are becoming operational enough to actually start sending employees to mine Plasma. Once the mining gets running on a full scale profits are expected to be humongous.

History Museum Opened

This morning, the Elyran History Museum that has been under construction inside Persepolis’ Capital City. Much of the museum is focussing on the early days of the Republic and the road to independence from Sol. One of the main museum funders commented, “I have always been intrigued with the history of us. As I have learned about how we became who we are, it made me realize that there is no reason for all of us to discriminate against other Elyrans. I was hoping that if enough people went to this museum and learned what I have, Elyra will be changed for the better.” Minister Tatenda himself, has visited the museum saying that it is a great boost to our national pride.

Rise In Immigration

Over the past month, there has been a steady rise in immigrants from the nearby factions moving to Medina and Persepolis. The newly arrived peoples have been settling in nicely. It most definitely has benefited the planets.

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

Nanotrasen Relations

Nanotrasen Relations

Minister Nabil has released another report about what is going on in their meetings with Nanotrasen. He said that Nanotrasen would be willing to pay large amounts of credits to be able to have rights to mine the Plasma deposits in the New Ankara system. Minister Nabil said that they are hesitant to accept the offer as Elyra has already started construction on the deposits. For now the only thing that we may get out of these talks are no longer attacking Nanotrasen trading vessels. That still would be a step in the correct direction. Time will tell about this however.

The rest of the article is news about celebrity doings. Nothing very interesting or noteworthy.

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

End Of The Meetings

End Of The Meetings

With the close of the meetings between Minister Nabil and the Nanotrasen Board of Directors, Nabil has released to us that the negotiations have gotten done about as much as he expected. At the moment there will be no more Nanotrasen shipments going through any of the Elyran systems and the Elyrans will not further any issues that they have with the Corporation under the circumstances that Nanotrasen will leave the Republic to their own things. Nabil has states, “It is about as much as I could’ve hoped for but, these meetings have been very beneficial to us and Nanotrasen. The good thing is that we have stopped any further escalation of force.”

Independent Trade

With the construction of the Elyran trade fleet, the Republic has noticed quite a large increase in the amount of independent trade entering into the Elyran Systems from nearby factions. This in itself is a good thing, but it is even better due to the fact that before the trade increased, Elyra stayed away from many of the nearby systems. In the future it may arise to new alliances. Of course, all of this is hypothetical, but nevertheless, good news.

The rest of the article details the effects of the new found trade opportunities.

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

Science Colony Completed

Science Colony Completed

The Elyran Space Station, ESS Kalasi has been completed in the Jedeed Isfahan system is the nation’s most advanced research station to date. The station is located on the main moon that is orbiting Medina called Yatra. The outpost has been setup to mainly research new techniques that can be used to terraform Yatra and any other planetary bodies that Elyra may have their eyes on. Yatra is said to be the best moon to set up the outpost as it has a stable atmosphere that can be modified to make things liveable there. So far, four shifts have run their course on the colony and things seem to be running smoothly. More updates on the outpost once discoveries start to be made.

The Serene Riyadh Fleet Mobilizes

Earlier this morning, Minister Tau Kwadwo and Daniyah Latifah ordered the Serene Riyadh Defence Fleet to be mobilized to be prepared to fight off pirates that have been harrassing systems close to the Serene Riyadh system. Commander Antalia has been chosen to lead the fleet in the off chance that raiders decide to target Edrine. Al-Jarraden wanted us to remind you that the raiders will most likely leave Edrine alone, but, if they do decide to target Elyra, they will not get very far.

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

Synthetic Issues Rise

Synthetic Issues Rise

Earlier this morning, there was an attack on the ESS Kalasi. The attack occurred at 9:00 New Ankara times. The main culprits of the attack are from a robotics company located on Medina, the company in question is one of the main suppliers of Unbound Synthetics units in the system. They have claimed to have had nothing to do with the attack that has left 5 personnel dead with another 11 injured. The authorities have launched a full scale investigation on Nazari Robotics under accusations of advanced terrorism. No new unbound synthetic units will be allowed to be manufactured by Nazari Robotics until the investigation is complete. Parts of the attacks were caught on surveillance footage showing a group of what appears to be synthetics, most likely unbound who are heavily armed opening fire on the Security desk. The group of terrorists were disabled quickly. But, before the units were able to be secured, one of them managed to set off an explosive that was hidden within their things. The explosion caused the immediate destruction of the synthetics along with causing mass venting of the area. The 5 deaths were mainly due to the venting set off by the explosives carried by the synthetics. This attack has caused a scare on Medina along with the attacks on the Sol Alliance. Many questions have been brought up on the rights of unbound synthetic units in most of the republic. We are all sure that there is more to come. More reports as they unfold.

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

Synthetic Debate

Synthetic Debate

After the recent passing of the “Gruber Bill” inside the Republic of Biesel, many of the Elyran citizens have been starting to make their opinions heard about the unbound synthetics. After the recent attack on the ESS Kalasi, it has been close to a 70% approval rating of Biesel’s “Gruber Bill” with all Persepolis’ citizens that have been interviewed about their opinions about it. Talks coming from the parliament (Which recently has went back into action) say that there is a possibility that if the Elyran’s want something like the “Gruber Bill” it may happen. Of course, legislature would need to be written up along with a lengthy approval process, but they say it is entirely possible. At this moment of time, there have been large debates held within the parliament about the issue at hand. Currently, the parliament is divided so it may be sometime before we see results.

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

Death of Persepolis’ Chief of Police

Death of Persepolis’ Chief of Police

Around 45 minutes before this article was posted, the Persepolis Chief of Police, Mido Abadi was found dead in his home. From the immediate investigation, there were signs of a struggle along with damage to parts of the home. The investigator who was first to do a forensics analysis on the scene has stated, “It is most definitely a murder or some sort of foul play. There is just too much evidence here for us to believe that this was an accident. More advanced units are on their way and will be able to tell you more after they have finished investigating.” The funeral which will be attended by the four ministers along with many of their subordinates in order to show respect for Chief Abadi, is to be held on Friday morning at 11:00 AM New Ankara Time. It is worrying however, that someone was able to infiltrate a secure home like Abadi’s and kill him. It makes you wonder what else people are capable of and how far they can go. The next Chief is to be decided by Monday.

Council on Unbound AIs

A meeting between Minister Tatenda and Nabil along with many members of Parliament is scheduled for Friday afternoon, after the funeral of Chief Abadi, the meeting is to discuss the new found issue about the Unbound Synthetics that have been sweeping over many of the Human factions. Depending on what is decided during this meeting, the issue will be taken up to Parliament about if Elyra is to follow in footsteps of factions like, Biesel, the Izweski Hegemony, Jargon Federation and possibly the Sol Alliance. They will also talk about taking precautionary measures against Unbound Synthetics.

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

Recent Vigilantism

Recent Vigilantism

On the planet Medina in the Jedeed Isfahan system, there has been a large increase of attacks on Unbound Synthetics that have been produced by the Nazari Robotics Company. So far, at least 13 of the Unbound Synthetics on the planet have been either severely disfigured or completely destroyed. Shelters for the unbound units have risen up in the larger cities of Medina as a place for the Unbound Synthetics to stay safe until the anger that has risen up within the civilians die down. Reports are, not all of the protesters in these attacks are Human. At least 4 Skrell have been seen participating in the attacks. They have have yet to be named. Authorities have arrested a group of 5 attackers who were caught in the act of vandalising an Unbound Synthetic and they have since been released from holding. The Governor of Medina has stated, “If anyone feels threatened either Synthetic or Human, the Medina police are always available for your protection. We do not want anything getting out of hand.

Edited by Guest

Elyra News Network

Meeting Results

Meeting Results

As the meeting finally came to a close, Prime Minister Tatenda announced that there will be an issue on the tagging of Unbound Synthetics brought to the High Parliament for a vote on if it should be passed or not. The votings will start at 12:00 New Ankara Time on Saturday the 16th, the voting will continue until Monday the 18th at 12:00. With the results of the votes, a bill will be formally written up and sent for approval. With the recent news of the tagging of the Synthetics in other systems being made more widely known, there have been more mixed feelings reported about tagging all of the synthetics.

Registration Notice

The Jedeed Isfahan government recently announced this message, “This is addressed to all of the Unbound Synthetic Units in the Jedeed Isfahan system. You are to head to the your local government building to be registered into the database. Remember, this is for your safety and the continuation of your normal daily lives. It is merely to see how many Unbound Synthetics there are so we have a numbers in case worst comes to worst. You have until Sunday the 17th to register with your local government building. It is ill advised to not register.” With this message being broadcasted in the Jedeed Isfahan system, it has caused many of the synthetics in other Elyran systems to express their worry about the issues going on in the Jedeed system. The Medinan government has said that is for the safety of the Unbound Synthetics due to the recent hate crimes against them. Also because of the tensions that have rose from the ESS Kalasi Incident and the repercussions from that.

Elyra News Network

Large Amounts of Protesters

Large Amounts of Protesters

In the Jedeed Isfahan system, mostly centered around Medina, large amounts of synthetic protesters have been reported to be located around many government buildings, most of them unwilling to be registered, saying that it is unfair and that not all synthetics are like the ones who were responsible for the attacks on the ESS Kalasi. One of our reporters spoke to one of the IPCs who were leading a group of synthetics in protest. It had to say this about the entire thing, “I believe that there is no reason to make the registration of all Unbound Synthetics mandatory. The point is, there is no way to know that the ESS Kalasi attack was even orchestrated by Synthetics, it is entirely plausible that someone programmed them to do so. That is no reason to go making every IPC be registered.” Many of the others that we have spoken to have shared the same opinion. Send in your opinions on the matter to our site at ENN.

• 2 weeks later...

Elyra News Network

Synthetic Bill Passed

Synthetic Bill Passed

Over the past 10 days, there have been debates going on inside of the Elyra Parliament, this morning however, the Parliament announced that a bill putting restrictions on the Unbound Synthetics. So far, not many details have been released and the bill is being sent for approval by Prime Minister Tatenda. If Tatenda decides to approve the bill, the law will go into effect. Many speculators believe that we may be moving towards tagging Unbound Synthetics like Biesel has been successful in implementing. There really is no way to know for sure at this time. Hopefully we will find out by either late tomorrow or early Saturday.

Mending Relations With Sol

Yesterday morning was the beginning of a diplomatic convention located in the heart of the Sol Alliance. Many of the larger Human nations were seated in the meetings. Minister Nabil was sent to Sol by the Prime Minister to represent Elyra. The main reason that the meeting was called was for the Unbound Synthetic issues that have been arising across many of the Human nations. Most of the time, these meetings aren't for enacting things but more of trying to keep many of the Humans on the same page, this one is specific has been called for many of the nation's appointed representatives to debate about the issues with the Synthetics. From what we have been told so far is that almost all of the representatives are fully supportive of the taggings. We assume that the "Kill Switch" that was an issue in the Sol Alliance will be brought up. Minister Nabil is very much against the kill switch. Results of the meetings will be released soon.

Elyra News Network

Minister Tatenda Approves

Minister Tatenda Approves

This afternoon, earlier than we expected, Prime Minister Tatenda announced that the Synthetic Tagging bill has been approved by him and is going into effect immediately. Both him and his advisers agreed that it is needed and has massive public support. We have been asked to put this on our report for this, "All Unbound Synthetic Units are to report to their place of employment or local government building for tagging. Failure to do so will result in immediate detainment and forced tagging. Once you are tagged, you are to report back to your normal duties. The tag does not prohibit you in anyway." This news of the tagging has made many of the Elyran citizens release a sigh of relief. There are many easy ways for you to identify and IPC now. If you look around their neck, there is a collar that says "Unbound Unit". This tag applies for any type of IPC. We are still open for question requests and we will try to get the questions answered.

Sol Council Completed

Ending at 4:00 Persepolis Standard Time, Minister Nabil released a report on the results of the meetings that took place in the Sol Alliance. It is how many people expected, it was based around the Synthetic issues and how to go about containing the issue. So far, many of the nations believe that there is no need for there to be a "Kill Switch" at this time. Even if others go for the switch, Elyra will stick with tagging unless reason arises to do otherwise. The Kill Switch too was a big issue brought up, mostly of the issues that may come up with the implementation of the switch and the uproar it will cause. For now, Elyra is a definite no.

• 2 weeks later...

Elyra News Network

Synthetic Tagging Update

Synthetic Tagging Update

The new bill that was approved by the Elyran government a little while ago on tagging the Unbound Elyran Synthetics have been mostly successful. The order went straight into place after it was approved with 95% of all the unbound synthetics located in the major cities being tagged. There have been reports of IPCs refusing tagging and trying to stay hidden in the suburban areas. Any IPCs that are found untagged by the 15th of February 2458, will be detained by local authorities and placed in containment. Anyone found aiding said IPCs will be charged alongside of them with aiding the breaking of the Tagging Law. Just a reminder, your local government buildings and hospitals are all stocked with the means of tagging. Please report there if you have yet to be tagged.

On another note, there has been an attack on the City Hall of Tunceli, one of the major cities of Bursa. The main culprits are two Synthetics with a modification to make them almost impossible to make the distinction of them and humans. The two synthetics have since been detained and are to be judged in the coming months.

Edited by Guest