Hipatchi custom model

BYOND Key:Jakers457

Character name:Hipatchi

Item name:A custom model for her (she's a pAI)

Why is your character carrying said item to work? For ultimate social stimulation!

Item function(s):It's basically what her form is when she's folded out from card form.

Item description:It wouldn't really have a description, seeing as how pAI forms aren't presented with that option.

Item appearance:I'd like for her to be a tiny animu character, as animu as humanly possible for highest social stimulation.

Additional comments:

I don't really have a sprite for it, but if someone is willing to make a tiny robotic animu girl so the Senpai's will have atleast one best friend, it'd be much appreciated.

Edited by Guest

I've been given some minor praise for my pAI

Edit: It's not about necessity of the community, it's about the applicants request to give their character a little more... spice to their appearance. I don't see this as anything different to the RedAI and custom borg skins.

Edit: It's not about necessity of the community, it's about the applicants request to give their character a little more... spice to their appearance. I don't see this as anything different to the RedAI and custom borg skins.

But a robotic anime girl...? Must as well bring the pony chassis from yog. Personally, I don't think servicing people's fetishes or whatever is something we should do.

But a robotic anime girl...? Must as well bring the pony chassis from yog. Personally, I don't think servicing people's fetishes or whatever is something we should do.

You may make your usual assumptions. It's mainly a pAI that acts as a 'best friend' for it's owner.

What it was a little less "anime girl" and more something like this?

1eab50f4fa729012feccf310fee07bac.jpg

That would be perfect actually.

Admittedly the character is a parody of the medium but despite it being a parody I assure you it's not a two dimensional joke. Though I would take your critique, the fact you've not engaged the character and are making assumptions based upon the lightheartedness I so mistakenly decided to inject into the application, I wouldn't say they were nothing more than you disliking the very notion based on what little you know.

Perhaps I should be penalized for creating a pAI that was made to have a personality that is apparently offensive. But I do not see how me having a custom form for a pAI would cause any hindrance, harm or derailment to your roleplay outside the fact you dislike the concept. To me having a custom chassis for my pAI is no different to the custom cyborg skins other people have been requesting and no more hindering than a custom terminator damage overlay that other's have. Now I'm probably mistaken, but isn't the idea of requesting a custom item because you want it the whole point of the custom items thread? The thread wasn't made for items that are a necessity to the community, which is what the suggestions board is for, but for that of adding a little extra to one's character.

Now if you could give me reasons as to why having a custom pAI chassis would cause issues to your beloved roleplay or a critique outside 'I don't like.' Or perhaps asking informed questions opposed to assumptions of who I am or what the character represents.

Having it as "animu as humanly possible" honestly seemed like a joke request at first, like I checked to see if it was in the off topics thread before responding. It seems like it's more for you than anything, and other than the fact it's just ridiculous, I don't think custom items are for helping people get their rocks off while playing.

Before this all gets way too salty -

Can we even easily make a custom PAI chassis?

Edit: Also, I think this request would have gone a lot better, as others have said, without saying the whole "As animu as..." thing. Because then it gets the people who watch anime mad, and it gets the people who hate anime mad.

You could have literally said a small, cute human-looking robot or something.

I don't think custom items are for helping people get their rocks off while playing.

While I do agree, I personally find the idea a little silly, you keep talking about it like it's a sexual request, undermining the request overall by attaching derogatory terms like 'fetish' to it. Even if it's not your cup of tea, someone else might enjoy it and thinks it contributes to their roleplay.

Okay then, the problem I have is that unlike IPCs that can customize themselves, pAI's are all standardized, meaning that a personality does not change the device's capability. For your pAI to have a custom chassis, it would need to have unique hardware, which it wouldn't. That, or all pAI's would be able to take this form.

What about making it a creppy black small green eyed child instead of an animay, really this is just sort of groan inducing, and you're selling it like it's gonna be adorable kawaii "social model", but still, all i can do is kinda half heartedly groan. Not to even say that this is gonna look really bad to anyone new if a pink haired kawaii pAI comes up to them and opts out to make kawaii noises. I'll actually try my hand at making a sprite for this that's more creep then kawaii so i can potentially have "i lost my mommy" pAI that imprints on people like they're their parents

((Hoh mang, writing on phones))

P'S i think since it's a parody of anime, i think this is a distinct case where it's gonna be hard to tell if the person is making a joke character or genuinely playing an anime. Because no matter how on the nose you go, unless you break character, it's always gonna be concivable that you're just a giant weeb that's playing out his fantasy. And really the notion of someone doing that in the future isn't that far fetched for me, hell, people go around playing animes RIGHT NOW,and that's probably why you're seeing all this dislike for the idea i'd guess.

Some stuff about weebs, animes, parody etc.

Well the backstory is the pAI was designed for 'weebs' so it'd have the personality traits of a Cartoon character within that genre. But that's merely the concept, so aside from it's speech habits it'd still be more than a one trick pony as I always aim to add several layers to my characters, characters who of which people seem to enjoy. In hindsight if I had worded it as 'cute humanoid robot form' opposed to something anime inspired, I feel it'd be going down differently. But the style Nursie proposed seems to be the way to go, seeing as for some reason a couple of people find something sexual or fetishist about this:

hipatchi_02.png

Not sure why, I get a more mainstream commercial vibe from it.

You should proooobably ignore people posting their say as though they're offended by the suggestion or something, Jakers. Just saying, I think it's hilarious and it would get some RP out of it.

But what does it add to roleplay?

What does an ERT jacket add to roleplay? Or a tatty custom bag? Does it add to a subtle story? Perhaps. What does an image, an identity give to roleplay? It gives you well, exactly that, you see this character, a somewhat colorful product of culture aboard a somewhat, admittedly, bleak station. Now roleplay with me a little here, choose a character that you might have and run through what that character would do if they were to see a colorful character accompanying one your fellow crew members.

But what does it add to roleplay?

What does an ERT jacket add to roleplay? Or a tatty custom bag? Does it add to a subtle story? Perhaps. What does an image, an identity give to roleplay? It gives you well, exactly that, you see this character, a somewhat colorful product of culture aboard a somewhat, admittedly, bleak station. Now roleplay with me a little here, choose a character that you might have and run through what that character would do if they were to see a colorful character accompanying one your fellow crew members.

"Wow, what a gay ass little robutt, I'm going to kick it into a wall"

Personally, I feel like this adds absolutely nothing in any aspect of roleplay. It's just an OOC reference for people to laugh at for thirty seconds until it gets boring. I'm wholly against this.