Raincoat Poncho Custom Item

BYOND Key: ToasterStrudes

Character name: M.A.K.E

Item name: Raincoat Poncho

Why is your character carrying said item to work?

Being a Synthetic, Walking in the rain to work during the rainy seasons can be detrimental to their chassis integrity if it is not dried quickly. Being an Engineer, M.A.K.E would also already be carrying a lot of their equipment and items to work on a daily basis, so why add an umbrella to that list as well? For efficiency sake, MAKE decided to combine water protection with his love of ponchos. Going out to the store, he looked for a synth-fabric poncho that resembled the Poncho that he wore on almost every workday, purchasing a thicker brown Polyester and synthetic cotton with a nice hood to go over his TV head, and protect it from the menace that is water droplets.

Item function(s):

Can be worn, has a hood that can go up and down.

(Should be noted, code-wise its going to need to be changed from a normal jacket. IPCs overheat from normal jackets if they wear both the jacket and have the hood toggled, so it will need to have a different heat variable, also the hoods on normal jackets block the hair, which in turn makes IPCs screens disappear, so it will need an additional 'flags_inv = HIDEEARS' modification to allow the screen to be seen. Small sidenote to this, if anyone else that isn't an IPC wears the poncho with this Variable, it will probably look dumb. #fixIPCscreens)

Item description:

A tough brown hooded poncho that looks to be good at protecting someone from the rain.

Item appearance:

6633bb66da.jpg

8fd5d68fb7.jpg

66ae6a9564.jpg

d742103749.png

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?

With the altered appearance, it would bring up the question of why it needs a hood. In addition, perhaps it will persuade more people to join the Poncho gang that is slowly dying on the server. thus expanding the meta-clique and securing my spot as best robot on the station.

Also, whenever Alberyk does his water event, I will be prepared.

Additional comments:

DMI's sprited, just need to work on the hooded variant now

EDIT: Hoood donzo and a preview added in the appearance spoiler Assassins Beep

M.A.K.E is one of my favorite characters, period. They are well known for wearing a poncho already, and I think it would add to their character to have a neat little custom one with a hood. It is not something that is outlandish, and would add for some neat rp. +1 from me. :)

I absolutely cannot support this item. Purely on the grounds of how hard it is for me to find a rain poncho that actually fits my tall ass. Like holy hell I find a XXL and that shit still doesn't fit. Rain ponchos were my jam in high school don't mock me Strudes! -1

No in all seriousness, this seems like an alright addition. I would actually ask for this to just be in the regular custom loadout tbh, but if you want the best bot to be specialer both physically and in our hearts I won't steal your thunder my man.

To clarify the meaning of M.A.K.E bringing a raincoat to a space station where there is no rain.

The main reason it is being brought is not because it's needed on the station, but needed on the way to the station. They do not live on odin, so generally from time to time it rains on their way to the shuttlepor. Instead of needing to bring an umbrella or an extra poncho, they chose to just combine the two, saving the need for an extra item, while still preserving the illusive Poncho Gang™