A Really Neat Prototype uniform.

BYOND Key: Itanimulli

Character name: Sovereign Aegis

Item name: Hephaestus Experimental Projector

Why is your character carrying said item to work? This is a continuation of Aegis being a sort of walking proof-of-concept, as far as IPCs go. The initial idea was for the interns to create an item to rival the syndicate's chameleon suit, but unfortunately a lack of resources and time lead to it having two easily discernible modes, both easily distinguished by the rather large device on the back. It is only able to cycle between two modes, which is done automatically, much to any aspiring user's dismay. If Aegis puts it on, it stays activated. If he takes it off, it stays deactivated until he puts it back on.

Item function(s): Turns on (goes into an activated state) when put on the specific character (stated above), turns off (goes into a deactivated state) when taken off or put on a different character. Basically, it's useless on anyone else, as they are not the individual it was specifically designed to interface with. It's for security work, so it'll provide the same.....stuff as the corporate security uniform.

Item description: An odd device connected to a security uniform, apparently still in the prototype stage.

Item appearance:

Activated State

BjFXsO1.gif

S3qFfFU.gif

6yg5APk.gif

dh8yOk7.gif

Deactivated State

SEBDJ6g.gif

4wuKndQ.gif

CVA7LLm.gif

1LZ2lcS.gif

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? This will give Aegis a reason to talk about his background, or the qualities the completed project would have achieved. He could air his grievances over the project seeming to be on permanent delay, and I'm sure other interactions between characters will lead to discussions that I cannot predict. I'm sure there will be quite a few people who approach him simply because he looks odd, either to ask about the prototype, or in order to try it on. There could be plenty of scenarios in which an antagonist attempts to get it, thinking they can masquerade as Aegis, only for it to be completely useless whilst worn by them.

Additional comments: I've talked to plenty of people about this item's implementation so far, ranging from the head-loredev to the IPC loredev, and then to Alb because I had no idea how some things worked in code and needed to see what was actually possible before I posted a submission with no chance of getting implemented. I've been tailoring this to actually work as an outfit, and the end result is actually much better than something so code-complex and visually/story-wise simplistic as a custom mob.

Ps: I am thoroughly enjoying making sprites.

Edited by Guest

I'm on mobile, excuse any mistakes.

I'm a little confused, what is this exactly? If I read this right, it's a chameleon projector that doesn't work, or does it give him that ninja suit-ish helmet on the sprites? Why would you bring something like this to work every single day? Why did they let him keep a corporate prototype in the first place? -1 from me, this item seems kinda weird to just carry around at work.

I'm on mobile, excuse any mistakes.

I'm a little confused, what is this exactly? If I read this right, it's a chameleon projector that doesn't work, or does it give him that ninja suit-ish helmet on the sprites? Why would you bring something like this to work every single day? Why did they let him keep a corporate prototype in the first place? -1 from me, this item seems kinda weird to just carry around at work.

1, it's an attempt at making one, without knowing the inner workings (they just knew it existed), that was eventually deemed useless.

2, he brings it because it is a part of his r&d heritage. It's akin to a keepsake, that he was tested alongside, and it was specifically designed to interface with Aegis's programming, thus making it literally useless to anyone else. Thus, there's no reason to do anything but put Aegis in more debt by giving it to him, so they can leach money off of an investment even if it failed.

3, of course it's weird. No one pays much attention to things that aren't weird. It's meant to be something not comparable to a customized pen in a PDA. It's something that people will see and at least question.

Edited by Guest

I'm on mobile too, so excuse my typing. I think this is actually super cool! Maybe not make it be so bluntly a cham kit, but something near it.

If you take a look at the gimmicks some other characters have, like Lunea's cardborg helmet, Harvey's addiction to his hardsuit and half of security's blatant edginess, this doesn't seem to be too bizarre!

Good sprites, good player, good idea!

Big +1 from me.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Making it a defunct RnD prototype and abandoned project that the IPC continues to hold onto is an interesting concept that reinforces the "test and abandon" nature of Aurora-verse's robotics. The fact that it's rather useless is a point in its favor since a functioning chameleon kit would never fly by Tish. The item has a lot of personality and its distinct enough to be worth noticing. +1

• 2 weeks later...