JIX/IRD Custom item applications

JIX (edited) ;

BYOND Key: kyres1

Character name: JIX

Item name:Dull headwraps/robes

Why is your character carrying said item to work?

Aside from the uniform it is granted, JIX seeks little more than the aged clothing it has called its own for so many years. It serves a definitive purpose - to obscure its form and brings attention to its face plate to mimic eye contact and bring more focus in conversation, something pivotal to the field in which JIX works.

Item function(s): Purely cosmetic, with what is effectively a resprite of the black hijab and green poncho.

Item description:

Headwraps ; "A sturdy, dull brown cloth."

Robes ; "A set of drab robes which look particularly old, though in good condition. It consists of two pieces, loosely connected and separating at the center."

Item appearance:

lvTdr6A.png

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?

(After a redo with more specifics) JIX' robes have been with it since its beginning as a servitor frame some years ago, and its unique look brings focus to one of the two things JIX was told to value most - faces and names. Obscuring all but its unique visor and face plate, the entire outfit draws the eye to JIX' identifying feature, its bright red optics most akin to a "face" of its own. Ever since it began working alone, it has used its outfit to learn more of those who it converses with. With nothing but a face, there are little distractions in the way of understanding.

Additional comments: The sprite itself is subject to change if people don't think it'll fit. It'd be pretty easy to completely redo it if necessary, though I've settled on this appearance for now.

IRD ;

BYOND Key: kyres1

Character name: IRD

Item name: Titanium Faceplate

Why is your character carrying said item to work?

It would be a standard attachment to IRD's head, and open in the center to reveal its display for identification purposes.

Item function(s): Purely cosmetic with no special properties.

Item description: "An odd mask seeming to mimic the face of a Human with some artistic liberties taken. Small lights keep it dimly illuminated from within with holographic projectors emulating two bright blue eyes. Its rigid frame is composed of what looks like polished titanium."

Item appearance:

OnB3itl.png

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? Very little remains of IRD's original form aside from sparing components left from its creator. One of these is a vague replica of a Human face, part of the very first iteration of IRD as a freight loader. It is the sole memory IRD has of this time, who wears it as a constant reminder of its own upbringing.

Additional comments: Same as before - criticism is welcome.

Edited by Guest
  • 2 weeks later...

People will question why JIX does not simply seek something new, and with that, its past will come to light

I dig the face plate for IRD, but this item for JIX is literally the most cliche thing in the history of ever. It's literally always "oh, my coat is torn up" or "oh, my coat is torn up, but hastily/shittily patched", and I'm starting to lose my mind over the number of applications I've accepted that are literally just "Oh, I wear broken and/or shittily patched clothes to my professional space station job for a mega corporation."

I get that JIX is meant to be an older machine, but why does he continue to wear it? Surely machines wouldn't have the same emotional attachment to objects because then your machine is literally acting human, and then surely someone working on a research station would be able to afford an actual outfit that isn't torn up and jagged. I get quirky outfits and whatnot, but broken clothes is just why, especially for machines, and maybe just stained/weathered clothing would be best. Not gonna lie, I'm probably going to go take lessons from Kurt Cobain on purchasing home defense weapons and garage redecoration if I have to straight up accept another torn clothing application.

Sure, jackets are cliche as hell too, but at least they make a lot more sense half the time than tattered clothing.

People will question why JIX does not simply seek something new, and with that, its past will come to light

I dig the face plate for IRD, but this item for JIX is literally the most cliche thing in the history of ever. It's literally always "oh, my coat is torn up" or "oh, my coat is torn up, but hastily/shittily patched", and I'm starting to lose my mind over the number of applications I've accepted that are literally just "Oh, I wear broken clothes to my professional space station job for a mega corporation."

I get that JIX is meant to be an older machine, but why does he continue to wear it? Surely machines wouldn't have the same emotional attachment to objects because then your machine is literally acting human, and then surely someone working on a research station would be able to afford an actual outfit that isn't torn up and jagged. I get quirky outfits and whatnot, but broken clothes is just why, especially for machines, and maybe just stained/weathered clothing would be best. Not gonna lie, I'm probably going to go take lessons from Kurt Cobain on purchasing home defense weapons and garage redecoration if I have to straight up accept another torn clothing application.

Completely fair point, and to be honest I was thinking about changing the premise of them to begin with. It does seem a bit too Human for JIX to hold onto something tattered and ruined in a professional work environment. Though, the sprite doesn't really reflect the worn-down aspect of it. I'll edit the application to better suit it.