Lunea Discata's Spark Gloves

BYOND Key: TishinaStalker

Character name: Lunea Discata

Item name: Spark Gloves

Why is your character carrying said item to work?: One of the station psychs recommended her to talk to more people to try and start working on her anxiety issues. She figures a lil homemade thing she created for a convention once will help her open conversation with Engineering and/or Research people since she only knows 1 or 2 people in Engineering and none in Research.

Item function(s): Wearable lighter and adds a verb for using them to the Object tab so it can be activated while worn. When activated, plays both sparks4.ogg and zippo_off.ogg, log comes up stating "With a snap of [Wearer]'s fingers, a small lighter flame sparks from [his/her] index fingers!" When turned off, plays zippo_off.ogg and shows"With a flick of [Wearer]'s wrists and a close of [his/her] fingers, the small flames are extinguished."

Item description: Custom made flame retardant gloves designed after Cpt. Stallion from hit 2451 anime series Truesteel Arcanist: Fellowship. A lighter assembly is built along the index finger with a tiny plate of steel, and there is a small flint built into the thumb.

Item appearance: unknown.pngunknown.png

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? Lunea literally doesn't shut up about anime, video games, or cosplay outfits she's made before when she has the chance to talk to somebody about them, but those chances are few and far between. This'll give me a different way and a better opener for her to geek out on people and make her an even bigger dweeb than what she currently is.

Additional comments: Tish posts a custom item app. Entire community goes "Who watches the Watchmen?" Abo does in this case.

Guest Menown

Considering she works around flammable chemicals, this is a bit iffy.

If you're not wearing it while working in the lab, I can dig it, otherwise this is a major safety risk, especially around phoron.

With the extreme flammability issue out of the way, I can definitely +1 this. Tish is a responsible player with a rather responsible character, despite how much of a massive weeb they are. The item itself is rather fun as an idea, and a great culture reference- it'll be sure to bring up some questions for conversation as well.

Flame on, Tish.

We all knew you were anyways.

Lunea literally doesn't shut up about anime, video games, or cosplay outfits she's made before when she has the chance to talk to somebody about them, but those chances are few and far between. This'll give me a different way and a better opener for her to geek out on people and make her an even bigger dweeb than what she currently is.

Am I the inspiration? I will upvote this because I want to see a little more otakus, anime-lovers, nerds, geeks, and etc in this game instead of muh muscles and army.

+1

If she wears a fire-suit, and fills the halls with phoron, couldn't this potentially be an advantage, since no one will suspect a zippo?

and a prized pen could potentially be an advantage thanks to its 1 throwforce, but we're not going to deny that on the grounds someone might powergame with it

If she wears a fire-suit, and fills the halls with phoron, couldn't this potentially be an advantage, since no one will suspect a zippo?

and a prized pen could potentially be an advantage thanks to its 1 throwforce, but we're not going to deny that on the grounds someone might powergame with it

Difference between throwing a pen and starting a fire. Don't mind me, I love Lunea as a character, and her damn braces make her speaking adorable. I'm just heckling hypotheticals.

ok? security wouldn't jump on them any quicker if they had a regular lighter or even a welder, this hypothetical scenario would not be impacted if it was just a regular loadout zippo. many loadout items can be construed to have some slight, worthless "advantage" if you get really pedantic about it

ok? security wouldn't jump on them any quicker if they had a regular lighter or even a welder, this hypothetical scenario would not be impacted if it was just a regular loadout zippo. many loadout items can be construed to have some slight, worthless "advantage" if you get really pedantic about it

A bit l8, m8.

I would hardly call that an advantage. Considering what's already been said on that, there's also the matter that I'd be wearing a fire suit there, so anybody looking at me is already going to be "Wait, what?"

Not to mention that I very rarely play antag. I've been antag as Lunea maybe a whole 5 times that I can remember since 2014 and I don't spill phoron all over halls because we have rules against that.