Zorrianna's Red Armada Robes

BYOND Key: QueenOfYugoslavia

Character name: Zorrianna Balkerina

Item name: Red Armada Robes

Why is your character carrying said item to work? Zorrianna is the pristest of the Red Armada; a religious paramilitary group that believes in the rapturing of humans and skrell onboard a ghost ship called the Red Armada. The religion at its base is peaceful; originating from the frontier world of Rakata which holds minor footing in the area; begin as a religious group to help assist in the ruling of the people of the planet; Rakata being a medium economy monarchy world. The Red Armada believes in the idea of strength for the use of not needing it, stockpiling weapons and arming them-selfs against pirates and raiders to aid the smaller colonys around the world; using the influence they gain over there subjects with a religion based on the coming of the fathership; a massive god like deity that takes many forms in Rakata mythology, similer to the god type of rule seen in Domina

Item function(s): Suit slot, 2 pockets

Item description:

Name: Red Armada Ceremonial Holy Princess Robes

Desc: A Long set of purple and red flowing robes; complete with a cape and a mantle along the chest; a light silky face mask visible in the front

https://puu.sh/AvD8s/599f270c32.dmi

xTia2SB.jpg

TQ4xo8A.jpg

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP? The robes show the divine power and promise of the Red Armada, crowning the one wearing said robes the calling to awake her one day from her ships slumber in space; giving her the blessing from the fathership itself to rally others around her to the cause for salvation and selfless living. The robes help tell a story of those it was passed down from; Zorrianna's mother, her grandmother, her great grandmother all served the Red Armada and wore the robes proudly to display there worship for there god.

Edited by Guest
Guest Menown

[Common] Zorrianna Balkerina says, "We believe in the idea of holding onto well armed military strongholds and defending the weak around us; for that our generious actions will allow the Fathership, a spirit among the void to grant us godhood among him; and join him in Rakatan; the veil of pleasure. A land filled with joy and peace; express through love and sex for each other. The Fathership offers his most blessed followers bountys of richs and goods, aswell as the most fertile of his angels. Please come to the holodeck and hear his call, his call to a better service and a better purpose in life"

-snip-

Oh.

That's actually depressing to read. I'm assuming there'll be reformation to whatever concept of religion is being pushed there. Sex and love are not exactly things that would be actively promoted as religious practices in the workplace. Definitely not in the workplace.

Guest Menown

[Common] Zorrianna Balkerina says, "We believe in the idea of holding onto well armed military strongholds and defending the weak around us; for that our generious actions will allow the Fathership, a spirit among the void to grant us godhood among him; and join him in Rakatan; the veil of pleasure. A land filled with joy and peace; express through love and sex for each other. The Fathership offers his most blessed followers bountys of richs and goods, aswell as the most fertile of his angels. Please come to the holodeck and hear his call, his call to a better service and a better purpose in life"

-snip-

> Implying my character was serious about that and didnt see the point of humor and poking fun at religions that promote that.

Considering earlier you stated "The religion at its base is peaceful; forming small colonys and townships on smaller moons, worship consisting of small paramilitary marchs and rallys; calling the Red Armada ship from the void somewhere to come to them and bring them to a paradise filled with pleasure, selflessness and joy for all."

It doesn't seem like your character, nor you, were kidding.

It's cool to make jokes and all to poke at meta commentary but at the same time it's a High RP server. When you're roleplaying the character you're kinda expected to be taken seriously to a degree unless the character directly establishes, "Hey, I'm joking, don't mind this."

> Implying my character was serious about that and didnt see the point of humor and poking fun at religions that promote that.

This would be fine if you made it evidently clear it's just a poke at other established religions so that there's no mistaking it was a joke, but I think the way you went about it was going a bit far if your intention was to be humorous.

I don't think Menown would've posted that IC snippet if your character later went, "Hey, actually, I'm kidding, really. Don't take that seriously." Obviously if you did and he missed that, that's his fault for not sticking around long enough to see what else you had to say.

I think it sets poor precedent for someone roleplaying as a priest to go out and say that even for satire purposes (without later saying, 'hey, this is a joke!') in IC given the inevitable reaction that's kind of expected of you to receive. You've had to be cognizant that someone would've taken the joke seriously, assuming it was indeed a joke.

I'm not saying I don't believe you but it strikes me as just kind of odd that it didn't occur to you that your statement was A.) not exactly very tasteful given the environment and OOC standards here and B.) really bizarre on its own without later confirmation in the same round that it was a joke.

All I said too was that I really hope your character is not actually like that and you plan on playing them seriously. Leaving an impression that one of your characters is promoting a sex cult is an awkward first impression to show, I'll believe you if you say that's not them and you'll ensure that there'll be no further misconceptions. It's certainly cause for alarm.

Edited by Guest

It's cool to make jokes and all to poke at meta commentary but at the same time it's a High RP server. When you're roleplaying the character you're kinda expected to be taken seriously to a degree unless the character directly establishes, "Hey, I'm joking, don't mind this."

This would be fine if you made it evidently clear it's just a poke at other established religions so that there's no mistaking it was a joke, but I think the way you went about it was going a bit far if your intention was to be humorous.

I don't think Menown would've posted that IC snippet if your character later went, "Hey, actually, I'm kidding, really. Don't take that seriously." Obviously if you did and he missed that, that's his fault for not sticking around long enough to see what else you had to say.

I think it sets poor precedent for someone roleplaying as a priest to go out and say that even for satire purposes (without later saying, 'hey, this is a joke!') in IC given the inevitable reaction that's kind of expected of you to receive. You've had to be cognizant that someone would've taken the joke seriously, assuming it was indeed a joke.

I'm not saying I don't believe you but it strikes me as just kind of odd that it didn't occur to you that your statement was A.) not exactly very tasteful given the environment and OOC standards here and B.) really bizarre on its own without later confirmation in the same round that it was a joke.

All I said too was that I really hope your character is not actually like that and you plan on playing them seriously. Leaving an impression that one of your characters is promoting a sex cult is an awkward first impression to show, I'll believe you if you say that's not them and you'll ensure that there'll be no further misconceptions. It's certainly cause for alarm.

Thank you, I will make sure to fix this and avoid it in the future.

Recently I've had to witness Zorrianna murder a goat with her bare hands in front of the bar, then proceed to draw crayon runes on the floor in the main hallway in some odd attempt at sacrificing the goat? When told by the head of personnel to take this to a private quarter and simply have the goat cremated in the chaplain's office, she then proceeded to go to construction level and start a fire to send the goat onward to the afterlife in a fiery blaze, getting arrested over it shortly after.

Could you imagine this scenario in real life and just realize this is maybe a little out of touch? I am not sure if a tad bit unbelieveable of a religion that is on station should be rewarded with a custom item.

Furthermore, the dress seems horribly impractical to wear. It looks like something you'd wear to a fancy gala of some kind, not every day to your workplace.

Not particularly a fan of it.

Recently I've had to witness Zorrianna murder a goat with her bare hands in front of the bar, then proceed to draw crayon runes on the floor in the main hallway in some odd attempt at sacrificing the goat? When told by the head of personnel to take this to a private quarter and simply have the goat cremated in the chaplain's office, she then proceeded to go to construction level and start a fire to send the goat onward to the afterlife in a fiery blaze, getting arrested over it shortly after.

Could you imagine this scenario in real life and just realize this is maybe a little out of touch? I am not sure if a tad bit unbelieveable of a religion that is on station should be rewarded with a custom item.

Furthermore, the dress seems horribly impractical to wear. It looks like something you'd wear to a fancy gala of some kind, not every day to your workplace.

Not particularly a fan of it.

First of all, we werent sacrificing it, it was being given its buriel rites with the chaplin supervising as the HOP said. We were told it was completely fine to do it in a corner of the station away from others, HOP left after that and it was dealt with IC, nor was I ever actualy arrested, just questioned. To the point of the outfit itself; its ceromonial wear; as in its not going to be worn all the time, only during services.

• 4 weeks later...