[+1 dismissal]Kiss Marks(in variation, with lipstick)

Fortport

This idea came to me in a dream, and as soon as I woke up I knew I had to suggest it. It's going to sound insane to a lot of you, so hear me out.

In my dream, I was playing Space Station and walked by someone(a security officer) who had odd, red pixels on their cheek. It was obvious and got my attention, so I examined the character. In bold text, in the color of the red, it was explained to me that they had a mark as if from being kissed with red lipstick.

So the suggestion is to be able to mark others with kisses if you're wearing lipstick. It's safe for work and could create interesting situations. It could embarrass, infuriate, spite, or (how steamy)infatuate the victim. Or, if you're a traitor, poison them in a special way. Generally, I could see this happening in a work place. You can't fire someone over having a lipstick mark unless there's more to it than that.

All of these factors listed below can be debated or changed entirely to fit with the game's balance.

[*]I'm serious.

[*]You can leave the mark on notes or documents for other people to see. Similar to stamps. CAPTAIN'S LIPSTICK, ANYONE?

[*]Applied with an emote that takes time, declared in the logs when complete. No warning for the victim to avoid the kiss with.

[*]Washed off at a sink or with paper targeting the mouth.

[*]Toxic lipstick, with a balanced amount of damage. One kiss could be allowed on these before being gone from your lips, but could instead be reapplied a balanced number of times before it's used up. Comes in different colors. Shouldn't be too powerful, given the ease of attack. Maybe allow the ability to manually poison the lipstick.

[*]Ordinary lipstick disappears from the perpetrator's lips if the emote is used at least three times.

[*]A kiss sound effect? Don't know.

[*]This could stack just like in the cartoons we watched as kids. Cover them with kisses.

[*]This is not erotic. You're silly if you think this is so inappropriately erotic that it shouldn't be implemented just on that principle alone. That's like saying hugs and handholding should be cut from the game because they could be erotic. A peck on the cheek isn't a grope or whatever.

Edited by Guest

Surprisingly, this would have actually been circumstantially useful for me at least once in the last couple weeks, when I received a lipstick-coated kiss from someone who was scared that I was dying in medical.

It's cute.

+1

I'm more weirded out by this than anything. What's the intent here? What's missing that would cause the game to benefit from this being added?

It's cute. Sometimes people get kisses. Making it visually apparent is a way to make that lead to other RP interactions.

No thank you, the theoretically is still supposed to be a workplace even though that part of the theme gets shafted a lot. Doesn't matter if a lipstick mark wouldn't automatically result in you getting fired, it's still a matter of professionalism that you wouldn't get it on you in the first place. We don't need lesbay running around coated in lipstick marks every shift.

No thank you, the theoretically is still supposed to be a workplace even though that part of the theme gets shafted a lot. Doesn't matter if a lipstick mark wouldn't automatically result in you getting fired, it's still a matter of professionalism that you wouldn't get it on you in the first place. We don't need lesbay running around coated in lipstick marks every shift.

THINKING.

Flashbacks to the time I drummed up the suggestion for socks. Didn't have to wear pantyhose, but we started to didn't we? This may be a workplace, but antagonism is a real thing on the game. Things don't always go according to plan and that's the whole point of this. Anything can happen, and this doesn't break rules. It could even be used as a method of poisoning in a creative way. Hardly necessary, but neither was implementing the ability to hug or a dozen other things we've got.

It didn't even occur to me that poisoning lipstick could be a thing, but I'm completely in love with it. It happens in Firefly that a con woman uses this method to administer a powerful sedative to knock out captain Reynolds. Just make it so that it doesn't happen instantly (requiring a quick progress bar). I assume a syringe would be used to insert a drug into the lipstick, and applying it to yourself would prime some units of it to be applied (E.G. syringe to insert 5 units to lipstick, then use lipstick on self to ready 5 units on your lips, and each kiss delivers 1-5 units randomly)? And of course, it would be mechanically identical to making them INGEST the chemical, not INJECTING it, since it represents the drug being taken by mouth.

What we DON'T want to do is make it as effective or (god forbid) more effective than administering a chemical by more direct methods. That wouldn't make sense, and it would be really stupid if kissing people became the new meta for doctors.

What we DON'T want to do is make it as effective or (god forbid) more effective than administering a chemical by more direct methods. That wouldn't make sense, and it would be really stupid if kissing people became the new meta for doctors.

I rofled.

I think it's a cute idea, but the limited roleplay benefits this would give can be easily achieved with existing game mechanics. What's the benefit of adding new ones specifically for this?

I rofled.

I think it's a cute idea, but the limited roleplay benefits this would give can be easily achieved with existing game mechanics. What's the benefit of adding new ones specifically for this?

I'll kiss it all better.

The only thing I'm trying to wrap my head around is that if your poison lipstick is going through somebody's cheek to do damage to someone, then how is it not outright killing you? Like, you just applied poison to your lips... And you just subconsciously licked your lips because they were dry. Guess you died.

The only thing I'm trying to wrap my head around is that if your poison lipstick is going through somebody's cheek to do damage to someone, then how is it not outright killing you? Like, you just applied poison to your lips... And you just subconsciously licked your lips because they were dry. Guess you died.

We'll figure it out.

@ climax: I don't think it's true that existing mechanics can achieve what this could. Even if we completely scrap the idea of poisoning it, leaving marks creates some persistence for something that can currently only be conveyed in the moment, to people immediately around you.

@ Fortport: Well, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea.

@ Tish: There's an acute suggestion that the person applying the lipstick to themselves knows to avoid licking their lips, while the target wouldn't know to make the same consideration. Alternatively, we could reason that the chemical stays trapped within the lipstick material, on yourself, until it is freed by applying it to someone else. Also, I don't think it's supposed to be "going through their cheek," but rather slowly ingested from lingering on their lips. So I guess, in order for both the title suggestion AND this poisoning suggestion to work, we would have to use targeting to draw a distinction between kissing targets - and applying the poison to be ingested would only work if the mouth was targeted, obviously. So, making it so you can target what zone you want to kiss fixes this problem.

Though, admittedly, it creates some other problems.

Obvious problems.

if you dont kiss someone in 30 seconds after applying the poison lipstick you instantly die

if you dont kiss someone in 30 seconds after applying the poison lipstick you instantly die

Imagine finding a dead body with kissy marks all over the face. Some good CSI action.

Contrary to the original post, I would hope the target player would get an indicator that someone is trying to kiss them and be furnished an opportunity to avoid it. Fortport, you say that it will have a progress bar, but only display a message upon completion - how does it make sense that it takes some non-zero amount of time for you to kiss someone, but that person has no chance to see it coming before it's done?

I would hope a message is displayed upon the start AND finish of the progress bar, and it could be canceled by either the target or the player moving. That way, if someone doesn't want your kiss, they just step in any direction. And, conversely, if you have them restrained or on the ground, they rightfully wouldn't be able to avoid it because they can't move.