Cigarette to Mouth Overhaul/Activate to Insert Fag

Fortport

I think the entire process for using the pack on your mouth with help intent and mouth targetting is overbaked. There's no flavor text and the extra steps have no payoff compared to just using your hands and actually having a hotkey for equipping the cigarette without precisely mousing around.

The suggestion is to press the activation key with the pack in hand, for a fag to pop into your mouth instantly. After all, we can press E with a cigarette in our hand to instantly equip. Why not streamline the function that's supposed to make the process easier, not harder?

I like the concept and don't see any particular drawbacks. I mean, there's a possibility of doing it by mistake if you have the wrong hand activated when you try to simply open the pack, or mean to put a cigarette back in, but the consequences of that seem pretty harmless.

+1

Now for the riders. If we're doing a cigarette mechanics update, can we also make it so that 1) used cigarettes don't automatically fall out of your mouth and onto the floor and 2) cigarette packs can hold any tiny item?

I like the concept and don't see any particular drawbacks. I mean, there's a possibility of doing it by mistake if you have the wrong hand activated when you try to simply open the pack, or mean to put a cigarette back in, but the consequences of that seem pretty harmless.

+1

Now for the riders. If we're doing a cigarette mechanics update, can we also make it so that 1) used cigarettes don't automatically fall out of your mouth and onto the floor and 2) cigarette packs can hold any tiny item?

You will not put a cigarette in your mouth if the slot's already in use.

• Gem locked this topic