[+1 dismissal]Kiss Marks(in variation, with lipstick)

Fortport

I just want one mark on the cheek, and perhaps several on the face instead of across the entire body.

The idea is that the kiss takes several seconds to charge the progress bar, but is applied instantly. Think like the vampire paralysis thing, maybe? It could be more fair, depending on how people take that.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Lets assume someone smart enough to assassinate via a lip film covered in venom is trained to not lick their lips

https://eccentriceclectic.wordpress.com/2014/03/06/kiss-your-problems-away-the-reality-behind-drugged-lipstick/

When you talk, your mouth produces saliva as a method to lubricate your vocal cords. Your tongue also moves during the action of talking, since we use our tongues to manipulate the air sounds to create words. Simultaneously, our bodies also use our tongues to move the saliva within our mouths. Simply put, the very action of talking could cause your tongue and saliva to interact with the poison/drug in your lipstick, resulting in infecting yourself before you even get to your target.

People usually aren't very conscious of their own behavior. Having to, rather literally, hold your tongue down in the bottom roof of your mouth and never contacting with your lips to avoid poisoning yourself through lip balm is one of those things that not only is a difficult behavior to break, you also look ridiculous doing it because you become physically unable to enunciate properly. Saliva can cause cross-contamination anyway.

You'd have to inject yourself with an antidote beforehand to make this any pragmatic or sensible. Pretty sure this is far too gimmicky to be worth putting into the game.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

https://eccentriceclectic.wordpress.com/2014/03/06/kiss-your-problems-away-the-reality-behind-drugged-lipstick/

When you talk, your mouth produces saliva as a method to lubricate your vocal cords. Your tongue also moves during the action of talking, since we use our tongues to manipulate the air sounds to create words. Simultaneously, our bodies also use our tongues to move the saliva within our mouths. Simply put, the very action of talking could cause your tongue and saliva to interact with the poison/drug in your lipstick, resulting in infecting yourself before you even get to your target.

People usually aren't very conscious of their own behavior. Having to, rather literally, hold your tongue down in the bottom roof of your mouth and never contacting with your lips to avoid poisoning yourself through lip balm is one of those things that not only is a difficult behavior to break, you also look ridiculous doing it because you become physically unable to enunciate properly. Saliva can cause cross-contamination anyway.

You'd have to inject yourself with an antidote beforehand to make this any pragmatic or sensible. Pretty sure this is far too gimmicky to be worth putting into the game.

Poisoned kisses are an established trope. What immediately comes to mind is Batmans Poison ivy. Seems fine to me. We have plenty of other elaborate means of assassination.

Issue with that is Poison Ivy has immunity to most forms of natural toxins due to her genetic warping in her backstory.

I'm assuming traitors aren't like this, though, otherwise they'd be also immune to toxin damage.

If people would be onboard with this, the item needs to come with an antidote that the user themselves needs to take to be immune to it so there's no immersion-shattering issues to consider.

Issue with that is Poison Ivy has immunity to most forms of natural toxins due to her genetic warping in her backstory.

I'm assuming traitors aren't like this, though, otherwise they'd be also immune to toxin damage.

If people would be onboard with this, the item needs to come with an antidote that the user themselves needs to take to be immune to it so there's no immersion-shattering issues to consider.

Could just say they took something for immunity if you started with it somehow. We glue people's brains better in the future anyhow. If you acquire it late, could come with an antidote that makes you immune to its effects. Of give you a good window to use it, at least.

Otherwise, we could make it expensive? I didn't really think too hard about balance, but anything to make it happen is good in my book.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Let's keep it simple to avoid it being finicky. Have it administer the antidote when you apply it to your lips in the same action. Then whomever you smooch is poisoned. Easy!

sweet.

I'm not sure what is the problem with poison. Who tf licks their lips while normally talking? Just go through the alphabet and see on which letters your tongue contacts with your lips. The answer is on none of them. Maximum that you'd be forced to do is talk a little funny to prevent lip-teeth contact

sweet.

I'm not sure what is the problem with poison. Who tf licks their lips while normally talking? Just go through the alphabet and see on which letters your tongue contacts with your lips. The answer is on none of them. Maximum that you'd be forced to do is talk a little funny to prevent lip-teeth contact

No, you wouldn't. At worst, you'd pout your lips a little. And guess what? That's what lipstick emphasizes anyway. Oh well.

I really like the idea of poisoned lipstick; perhaps when it is applied your next 'hug' (help intent clicking on a person) will instead act as a kiss. Single-use, for a couple reasons:

• Any meaningful amount of toxin is going to probably need the entire application.
  • You're smearing your lips over and in someone's mouth (jeez that sounds bad). There's not much room for limited application.
  • Might be too strong if it was multiple use.

I don't, however, support the addition of kiss marks. Yes, a peck on the cheek is not innately erotic. However, what can be accomplished here can be easily accomplished with a quick emote+pose.

With this, a peck on the cheek is fairly sexual, and definitely making a lipstick mark makes it sexualised. It's not consistent with the setting or atmosphere we've created to add mechanics that are sexualised in nature just because they 'aren't quite ERP'.

I don't see a sane way to implement this code-wise without adding another human layer (which I don't think is worth it.)

This is indeed a valid concern, and taking this in consideration, I am voting for dismissal.

A sane way to implement it would be to make the mark only appear in examination text, rather than as an actual sprite on the character. If you get kissed, people who inspect you will find it, people who don't bother to look at you won't notice (it is a small, faded mark, after all), and as the player, it increases the chance that you'll forget to wash it off and end up in a hilarious situation where you're exposed at an inopportune time.

[mention]Alberyk[/mention]

• Gem locked this topic