[Retraced] SatinPristOTD Mod Application

Server Moderator Application

Basic Information

Byond Account:SatinsPrist666

Character Name(s): Dayaja Quinn, Andy Quinn, Millie Harrigan, Kimora Jackson

AI Name(s):

Discord username + tag: (Specify your discord username and tag [Example#0001]. Contact details can be requested/provided over a more secure channel, such as PMs. Delete this comment when making the application, and replace with the answer only.) SatinsPristOTD#8435

Timezone: CST (Alabama)

When are you on Aurora?: 7am-9pm if needed.

How long have you played SS13?: I started playing in 2012. I took a two year hiatus and came back.

How long have you played on Aurora: Since February.

How much do you know about SS13 (Baystation build) game mechanics?: Quite a bit. I've played on only Baybuild servers.

Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: Yes, I was a Mod and Admin (Game Master actually) for Hypatia Station, and I was a host for my own server (Hollowstone)

Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: I've never been banned on Aurora, to my knowledge. I tend to keep my nose clean.

Why do you play SS13?: Roleplay. I love to create characters and push them through their lives, watching them grow. I play D&D with a group of friends strictly for the RP. They call me the "no damage mage".

Why do you play on Aurora?: I've been around the block (so to speak) with RP servers. They all had cliques and mediocre RP. Rules were terrible. Admins were ridiculous. Aurora hasn't shown any of that to me. It's above the standard in terms of how smooth it is.

What do moderators do?: You're the helping hand they need when they're boxed into a corner and don't know the next step is. I rely on mod's for IC questions, questions regarding rules and clarification. Sometimes people are brand new to ss13 and they really need help.

What does it mean to be a moderator for our server?: It's less about rule enforcement, and more about teaching, guiding and being helpful.

Why do you want to be a moderator?: I enjoy helping people. I play the round just like everyone else, and I know ss13 has a big learning curve. Teaching others how to do things (be it mechanics or rulings) helps enrich the round.

What qualities do you possess that would make you a good moderator?: I'm a mother, first and foremost. I talk about my child all the time and it's because she's taught me a lot of valuable life lessons (and gave me some good qualities.) I'm not calling people children, but some of the qualities I've gained are exactly what moderators need. I've developed compassion, patience and soothing tones and I know how to break them out when needed.

How well do you handle stress, anger, or insults?: Insults don't bother me. And the stress of moderating a ss13 server has nothing on regular day to day life. In some way, it's relaxing. I don't tend to get angry anymore. I feel very mellow in my old age. Other's anger is just part of the process. I work retail. If I can handle not punching a customer in the face in real life, keyboard anger from someone who feels justified in their actions isn't going to effect me either. Calm them down and try to see things from their point of view. Getting angry or upset with them won't make the situation any better.

Anything Else You Want to Add: (Do not put words here)

Who the hell thought it was a good idea to let this noob apply for mod? Space God save us all. By the way, Mango your spelling is atrocious. Ew.

Jokes aside, I served under Satin in Hypatia, helped to co-found the short project named Hollowstone, and have spent years RPing with her. She knows what's up.

As staff, I have 100% faith in her to understand situations, and she's always been able to do what's needed. This includes outright banning her husband from the server, which she's done before. +1, and best of luck. Don't fuck it up Mango.

You've only got a single note and that's about going AFK for a while, which is really nothing. So you're good on that front and show to me you've got a proper understanding of the rules.

You're application is also good, you touch on a lot of relevant things, especially citing life experience. I'm also fond of your interview.

You mentioned starting in February but your first log in was around mid 2016. Were you an irregular user of the server or did you only log on once before in 2016?

Aside from the question about which is just a matter of clarification, I can support this application.

2016 was the year I took my hiatus. I believe it was also the year Hollowstone went down. (Don't quote me on that. My memory of 2016 is pretty foggy.) It's possible I logged on to see if I was willing to give another a s erver a try. I don't remember that at all though.

February of this year is when I actually started playing and getting involved with the community.

As for the AFK note, I was never informed I had a note (which is sometimes typical so that's not a problem.) It's possible something happened with my kid and I had to rush off really fast. That's not typical for me, so I apologize on it.

• 4 weeks later...