[Accepted]SatinPrist666's Head of Staff Application

BYOND key:SatinsPrist666

Character names:Dayaja Quinn, Andy Quinn

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Since February

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:I've played a Head of Personnel on several other servers and it's my favorite job on station

Why did you come to Aurora?: Roleplay and a friend told me it wasn't half bad.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: Of course

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Roleplay is about creating a story with other people. You're goal is to play a character that can both interact with the environment around them and give content back to the community. Roleplayers should never break character or "fourth Walls", so to speak. You immerse yourself in the game around you and set out for a round as your character. Actions should be "What would my character do, based on their personality" and not "Oh Imma valid this guy until his skull caves in because he stole my comb".

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

It depends on the Head of Staff. Each one has their own job and that job is very specific to what they *should* be doing.In general, heads are meant to control their department in a way that allows creative freedom of their staff *and*organizes the chaos that can insure with someone in charge. They know when to push, when to pull and when to step away. They require leadership and charisma.

Some examples: Captains are meant to lead the station into greatness and cope with them through tough times. They rally up the heads and are generally the man (or woman) you look up to when times get rough. They know when to step back and let people do their own job. Head of Personnel isn't just the head of Civilian jobs. They're there to make sure your department is well staffed. They won't step on another heads toes, but they can try to support the crew in terms of moral. Efficiency is key with them.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

Whitelisted players are suppose to help the round run efficiently. Head jobs are fairly important in game, so it's up to the whitelisted players to make sure the tone isn't broken by being highly incompetent at a job that is needed for the round to go as planned. Furthermore, heads get to see a lot more players than regulars, so they can help new people fit into the server though RP (and maybe a few LOOC tips on game mechanics), or ahelp about someone that just isn't working out.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name:Poppy Jamison-Johnson

Character age: 35

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs):

Poppy Amelia Jamison was born in Phoenixport City to a single unknown mother on June 21st. She was placed up for adoption before her birth by her mother in a hope she'd have a happier life with an actual family. The family that chose Poppy was a lovely married couple and their four adopted children. Mr. and Mrs. John Johnson couldn't have children so over the course of their marriage they raised and adopted children from their city. Poppy was the last to be adopted and she grew up chasing after her older brothers as they walked the piers in the city. She had a fairly average childhood with tutors in music theory, mathematics, gymnastics and dance.

She was a member of the debate team in her high school and this lead to her interest in public relations. She graduated high school with a relatively decent GPA and went straight into college to take classes in Management and OAD. Graduating with her double major (bachlors), Poppy found a job at a Phoenixport tourist center where became the Resource Director. She would hire new people into the job and evaluate their skills in order to place them in the best job within the company. She stayed at this job for ten years before deciding she wanted better pay.

What do you like about this character?:

She's calm and collected, but rather cheerful. In general, Poppy is someone that likes to get to know the crew on a personal level because she feels it will help her help them more efficiently. Her general "down-to-Earth" nature makes her easy to talk to and she's not one to step on anyone's toes.

What do you dislike about this character?:

Every character has their flaws and Poppy is no exception. She can be very argumentative if someone presents a debate to her about a topic she is currently invested in. This stems from her high school debate course. She tends voice her opinion, often.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?:

Poppy has years of training in public relations, Human Resource management and office administration. She is calm, rational and enjoys connecting with those that work around her. She can successfully manage and sort her payroll staff well.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

I'm unsure if I should be the one to rate my roleplay. I'd like to believe it is above average. I've been complimented on my skills multiple times. I've been roleplaying in the ss13 community since 2012 and I feel like I know my way well around the topic.

Extra notes:

Edited by Guest

Absolute +1.

Satin is an avid roleplayer and I enjoy Dayaja Quinn's story and interactions, even when I'm just observing. The crew could use a couple more command members, and a good HoP is always great to have.

I have no doubt that Satin understands the game well enough to fulfill both IC and OOC responsibilities and create a believable, solid character to fill this role... so yes, definitely a +1 from me.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

I *think* this question was skipped? And im not sure if that was on purpose of what, but I can say from personal experience, Dayaja is a good person to RP with (dont remember Andy Quinn too much), and I trust their player with a whitelist. The app itself seems fine,

+1.

I *think* this question was skipped? And im not sure if that was on purpose of what, but I can say from personal experience, Dayaja is a good person to RP with (dont remember Andy Quinn too much), and I trust their player with a whitelist. The app itself seems fine,

+1.

Well crap, you'd be right. LOL I'll fix it now.

I have nothing but good experiences with her characters and roleplay abilities. She seems to understand that whitelisted players are held to a higher standard, and from my experience I believe she can meet or exceed it. I don't foresee any trouble with her playing a character in command. +1 for sure.