Mendell City Bugle

eed26e8251.png

de65fa6ae8.jpg

Aristalus Negotiates Loosening of NanoTrasen Synthetic Employee Restrictions

In mid-September of last year, an IPC known as Aristalus was elected into the office of the Secretary of Synthetic Relations, a position in the Republic's presidential cabinet. This is the first time in recorded history that a synthetic has held any sort of government office of any state or organization. Aristalus was selected by president Dorn specifically due to their past relationship and Dorn's acquaintance with one of Aristalus's closest friends.

Since mid-October of last year, Aristalus has been working closely with representatives and board members of the NanoTrasen corporation in an attempt to open better employment and business opportunities for synthetics of all types.

"NanoTrasen's regulations regarding employment for synthetics were obstructive and cornering, forcing androids to adopt their brand chassis for retail price straight out of the android's pay. Some of their command-level roles were also barred from synthetics unless they met these requirements," Aristalus said in a private interview.

"I spoke with their representatives, their board members, and their internal affairs agents, and frankly I was appalled. They had an alarming number of potential candidates for these command roles, but because of the nature of the agreements they required the IPCs to make, they weren't being filled. What good is potential wasted?"

"They were not open to the idea at first, hesitant to change their policies for the sake of revenue and cost. I worked with them, suggested ways to reduce these costs and impacts on their biological employees. After a handful of months, here we are. NanoTrasen has happily opened up more opportunities for their synthetic employees. Some of the major openings were security chiefs and personnel directors aboard their orbital facilities. Some mining facilities are opening up foreman positions to IPCs, as well."

When asked about the mistrust of synthetics in the workplace, Aristalus responded with, "Yes, it is a shame that our creators cannot see us as equal to them... there will forever be mistrust, I think. There is still mistrust even between two individual humans. It can't ever really go away, but the trick is to prove slowly over time that synthetics are not the enemy. All they need allowed to them is time and a little bit of hope. These two concepts seem to have a tremendous impact on the outlook of human civilizations all throughout the past."

Aristalus intends to "keep up the good fight" by increasing the equal opportunities for synthetics all over Tau Ceti, and even other stars. "This one star system, this Tau Ceti... it has been the focal point of many, many awe-inspiring events - some great, some terrible. It would seem that all eyes are on us. I should, and we should, be making our best effort to make a good impression."

NanoTrasen released a statement along with the completion of the negotiations;

"NanoTrasen is an equal opportunity employer, and we recognize that synthetics make up a wide array of the specialization in our big family. Synthetics were already previously allowed to assume responsibility for many other critical roles in our installations. Now, we have widened those roles. Qualified IPCs can now take up head of security or personnel positions on any required facility, as well as other opportunities elsewhere."

The negotiations did not completely redact the policies, however. Due to the wide variety of chassis types employed by NanoTrasen, certain restrictions had to be placed on time-critical positions, such as their security chiefs. Heavy-style chassis, like Hephaestus Industries' newest Generation 2 industrial body are disallowed from taking the position, as well as the stylish (but fragile) Bishop Cybernetics Accessory frame.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HRUoJbz.png

Crack Down In Imperial Plaza As Crime Rate Spikes

Tuesday, April 17, 2460

Mendell City authorities crack down on growing criminal gangs in the Imperial Plaza district.

A new police enforcement unit is to be introduced in the Mendell City Imperial Plaza district also referred to as "Little Adhomai". Following the Sol Alliance visa ban on Tajara citizens many families have been forced to relocate elsewhere with many heading to Mars, Eridani Federation space or Tau Ceti. The district has seen an influx of over five thousand individuals leading to a marked decrease in living standards within the areas.

Speaking to the press, Biesel Police Force representatives explained that the new unit will be more than just a law enforcement agency but a community outreach program as well which will work with the community and with NanoTrasen to provide jobs to the current citizens of the area and to the migrants who have arrived or are arriving. The unit will be a majority Tajara force to assist in community relations.

http://i.imgur.com/HRUoJbz.png

NT Corruption Scandal As Security Found Compromised

Wednesday, April 25, 2460

Whistle blowers alongside key CCIA members of NanoTrasen have revealed a deep conspiracy amongst Tau Ceti NanoTrasen security staff with potential links to anti-corporate groups.

Whistle blowers and NanoTrasen internal affairs have revealed a nefarious conspiracy against NanoTrasen and Biesel in the Tau Ceti sector with a large number of NanoTrasen Internal Security Officers and a handful of NanoTrasen Head of Security personnel being involved in a sudden internal crack down by police and security teams with "confirmed links to the group known exhibit terroristic behaviour" press was told by internal sources.

In the early hours of this morning NanoTrasen Emergency Response Teams and security forces raided numerous locations across the NTCC Odin and other NanoTrasen properties across Biesel with the assistance of the Biesel Police Force. The names of those arrested have not yet been released but inside sources confirm that the majority were NanoTrasen Internal Security.

In a statement to the press Andrew Reynolds, NanoTrasen's Chief Relations Director, told reporters that "[we] have been undertaking an internal security audit of NanoTrasen assets in Tau Ceti for the last few months and have successfully identified and contained a potential threat to Biesel itself. We are always committed to the defence and freedom of all Biesel citizens and are absolutely delighted that we have served and will continue to serve the public in all avenues. I would personally like to thank the Biesel Police Force for its assistance in this venture." Mr Reynolds made no comment on the alleged anti-corporate affiliation of the incarcerated security officers.

With such a large number of security officers being detained observers wonder how NanoTrasen will be able to maintain its security commitments in the sector.

Stay tuned for more on this story as it develops.

Edited by Caelphon
Removal of the Syndicate

HRUoJbz.png

NT Security Staffing Crisis Confirmed

Friday, April 27, 2460

Staffing crisis hits NanoTrasen after large numbers of security staff are suspended following this week's internal crack down.

Following the revelation of a nefarious conspiracy by large numbers of NanoTrasen Internal Security Officers and a handful of NanoTrasen Head of Security personnel against the company and Biesel within Tau Ceti space, numerous security officers have been suspended from duty across the sector.

The reduced numbers of security personnel have created a staff shortage across all Tau Ceti NanoTrasen assets with emergency staff being called in to temporarily fill the void.

In a press release Andrew Reynolds, NanoTrasen's Chief Relations Director, told the news that "the operation to remove seditious elements from across the Tau Ceti sector has been an absolute success. We have brought in back up officers from outside the sector to temporarily fill in for the minor dip in staffing levels and have processed a good number of NanoTrasen Heads of Security who are now back in the line of duty. The senior management team is currently in negotiations with key third party security contractors to fill in for the reduced staffing levels in the region over the next few weeks and we have undertaken a boosted recruitment campaign to replenish our security department. NanoTrasen is committed to its contractual obligations and we assure all our customers that this staffing challenge will in no way affect our clients."

Insider reports from the Biesel police force indicate that the conspiracy itself was focused on "undermining Biesel sovereignty and accumulating a vast number of credits fraudulently". The names of those officers taken off duty has not yet been released.

More on this story as it develops.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Wilhelm Gunther Is Out As NanoTrasen Chief Security Officer, Replaced by Nathan Trasen Who Announces 'Eridani Initiative'

Monday, April 30th, 2460

Many pundits and observers expected that Wilhelm Gunther's career would not survive the crisis currently gripping NanoTrasen. His sudden announcement of retirement has confirmed the speculation swirling around the 56 year old. His time in NanoTrasen has now come to an end.

He gave his announcement from his summer home in Lakeside to a small assembly of reporters.

"I hold a deep respect for the values and goals of NanoTrasen, and I have spent a better part of a decade ensuring I was a part of this mission statement. I have worked tirelessly since the first day of the job to keep our stations secure and our men and women in the Security team safe, reliable, and robust. But after many months of thought and discussions with my collegues, I have decided to retire. My children are important to me, and it is time I devote to being a father full time. I want to be able to see them enter highschool with me behind them every step of the way."

Gunther's career with NanoTrasen saw the security force rapidly expand with ambitious goals. In 2457 he was approved by the Board of Directors to attach a permanent forensic team on NanoTrasen research labs. In 2458 he switched NanoTrasen's security team from their previously iconic red uniforms to the new navy blue, and was instrumental in persuading Tau Ceti's law makers to allow NT Security Officers to carry .45's on their stations.

But his tenure has also seen the worst corruption scandal to ever hit the Internal Security Department. As previously reported, over half of Tau Ceti's security personnel have been terminated, suspended, or put on leave. Over 257 arrests have been made and an anonymous source within the CCIA has revealed they have a backlog of 598 incident reports within Tau Ceti in regards to the scandal. The ISD alledgedly used its powers to commit widespread fraud. In one case three officers arrested a scientist for neglect of duty when the scientist went on a smoke break, and 'lost' the scientist's ID during processing. The station's Head of Personnel promptly replaced the ID, but the scientist later found that his entire bank account had been emptied using his old card.

Gunther has been accused of covering up the scandal in order to avoid hurting his performance reports to the Board of Directors, and has also long been accused of playing favorites with Head of Security appointments, often showing favor to fellow Sol-born staff.

Further reinforcement that this retirement was forced on him is the fact that mere hours later, a surprise announcement came from NanoTrasen's Board of Directors. They revealed that Nathan Trasen, 44, would be assuming the new role of Chief Security Officer.

Nathan Trasen, born 2416 in Cape City, is cousin to Miranda Trasen and is a member of the Trasen dynasty. Known for his remarkable philanthropy, he has previously worked as an independent security advisor for Getmore Co, a NanoTrasen subsidiary. In his own statement, Nathan Trasen thanked the Board of Directors for the job and at the same time announced to the public the on-going partnership with the Eridani Federation.

"I want to thank the intelligent and hard working men and women of the Board of Directors. I want you all to know that their faith in me is well placed. It might be my first day on the job, but I am already doing so much to make this Corporation a safe and secure workplace again. It is my pleasure to announce that with me acting as a mediator to the negotiations, NanoTrasen has accepted a security contract from the Eridani Federation. These cool guys are sending us five hundred private security contractors and fifty-six managers to orchestrate them all. That is enough for every single one of our stations and facilities within Tau Ceti to once again have a fully staffed, reliable security team. Wow! Just think about that. It really shows you the ability that NanoTrasen and Eridani have, that we can so quickly resolve such a big crisis. I know that going forward we are going to do great things together.

And to the employees of NanoTrasen: I've got huge plans for us all. We're going to see so much get done now. You are all doing absolutely fantastic and I'm going to do my best to make sure you can keep on being that way. You should be really excited for what's coming, because oh man I sure am.

Anyway, it's sad to see Gunther go. He did his best. Hope he enjoys his daughter's recitals. Good lucky buddy."

Eridani has released a similar announcement. It was a simple acknowledgement of the contract released by a spokesman for their own Board of Directors, followed by the full text of the 416 page Terms and Conditions Regarding The Enforcement Of Standard Regulations Within Tau Ceti Space Pertaining To Corresponding Biesellite Laws And Ordinances Ascertained To Be Within The Exclusive Economic Zone As Defined.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Eridani Federation Contract Set To Expire: "Complete Success" Beams Nathan Trasen

Monday, May 6th, 2460

After a week of fufilling security obligations for NanoTrasen within Tau Ceti, the Eridani Federation has announced that they will withdraw from the sector during the end of March 7th. Nathan Trasen, the new Chief Security Officer of NanoTrasen, gave a statement in which he described the current state of NanoTrasen's Internal Security Department.

"We had a real scary few days there before Eridani arrived. A lot of space stations and compounds on Biesel and New Gibson had no security at all. But Eridani came in and they helped us out a lot. We've had our remaining men and women working double time to keep various areas safe and secure and Eridani's forces have supplemented that nicely. Especially on the Aurora, I know people are deeply honored to work with the Eridani Private Security. They have conducted themselves professionally, honestly, and with an unwavering commitment to the terms and conditions of our contract."

Nathan Trasen had previously visited the NSS Aurora on the same day that he was chosen as the new Chief Security Officer. During his visit he held a speech in which he presented an Eridani Security Chief an Eridani Federation tri-fold flag.

During the Eridani Federation security contract, there have apparently been several more VIP visits on the station. Unusually, NanoTrasen did not release any details on these events as or even after they happened. Information about these have come to us from statements coming from Aurora crewmen themselves.

Alledgedly various delegations paid visit to the station, including from the Jargon Federation and People's Republic of Adhomai.

Some analysts have predicted that Eridani is apparently much more concerned at keeping information security as tight as possible. There has been little news from the Eridani Federation operations across Tau Ceti in general, with any officials involved simply saying they are acting within the best interests of the Terms and Conditions.

Guest Marlon Phoenix
http://i.imgur.com/HRUoJbz.png

Eridani Security Forces Foil Assassination Attempt of Nathan Trasen!

May 6th, 2460

Alarmist reports of Nathan Trasen being killed on the NSS Aurora in these last few hours have proven to have been an elaborate bait and switch operation by the Eridani Federation Security Forces that involved a body double, covert espionage, and a dramatic police raid on a Phoenixport warehouse that saw 4 additional individuals arrested for terrorist collaboration for their part in the assassination attempt. The Eridani Federation, NanoTrasen, and the FIB have released a joint statement detailing the operation.

On the 3rd of March Eridani Intelligence received intelligence from sources, within mysterious anti-corporate terrorist organizations that house numerous terror cells within Tau Ceti, were plotting to assassinate a member of NanoTrasen's Chief of Staff as retaliation for the purge of its spies from the Corporation. This news caused Miranda Trasen to quietly cancel her scheduled visits that would have seen the CEO interact with various Eridani Security Chiefs. In her stead, her cousin and Chief Security Officer took her place for a VIP visit to the NSS Aurora as well as several public speaking events.

On the 5th Eridani Intelligence uncovered more information on a specific plot to assassinate Nathan Trasen during his scheduled visit to the NSS Aurora on the 6th. Nathan Trasen was informed by Eridani officials, who advised him to send a body double in his place to act as bait.

The body double was sent in Trasen's place and boarded the station to visit with Eridani Security Chief Cassandra Faust. The vessel was commanded by Captain Paul Jonson.

The NanoTrasen Journalist Frank Carter documented the event and attached to the Trasen body double, taking many pictures with him.

The assassination happened outside of security reception, next to the elevator. The assassins, wearing NanoTrasen uniforms of an atmospheric technician and brig Warden respectively, approached the Trasen double and drew their weapons. The double ran towards medical and got shot in the back repeatedly, dyng almost instantly. Nearby security and Eridani officers returned fire on the assassins, subduing one assassin and disabling the other.

The double was cloned as the surviving assassin was brought into interrogation by Eridani security. He is reported to have provided enough intelligence on his terrorist cell that Eridani Private Security were able to cooperate with federal authorities in a lighting fast raid on their staging area, leading to 9 additional arrests by the time of this publication. The cloned body double's real identity has not been revealed, but NanoTrasen has confirmed that they are being given a hefty life insurance check for 2 million credits and an early retirement.

The Captain of the vessel was allegedly informed of the status of the double beforehand. Nathan Trasen himself held a speech in which he further described the situation.

"Unfortunately there are some really bad folks out there that want to cause chaos. This bait and switch was only possible through the Eridani Federation's constant vigilance and mindblowing professionalism and skill. I am deeply thankful that they are responsible for not only saving my life, but in destroying a major terrorist cell. I don't know any other organization that can show up and within a week manage four VIP visits and thwart a high profile assassination. With this operation successful, I think think this is a very high note for Eridani to pack up and return home. I am very glad I got to oversee their integration into our security force and I know we've all appreciated their stay here. We've got the manpower again, so we're going to start getting things back to the new normal."

Edited by Caelphon
Removal of the Syndicate

HRUoJbz.png

Jargon Federation Hive Labor Contract Signed

May 9th, 2460

Today, the Jargon Federation, representing its C'thur citizens sign a 10 year, 1.3 trillion credit labor contract with Nanotrasen. The agreement was reached after eight days of deliberation. Deliberations took place within Nanotrasens Tau Ceti headquarters, and during this time A retinue of Skrellian and C'thur diplomats visited Nanotrasen facilities throughout the system. Nanotrasen Public Relations Chief Andrew Reynolds had this to say about the landmark agreement.

"There can be no doubt that this agreement will be felt for years to come. In our increasingly connected galaxy, where distances between us grow ever smaller, it's important to recognize new and old associates. That is why together with the Jargon Federation, Nanotrasen will meet, no, exceed its obligations. Our recently resolved staffing crisis did not affect current events. The Eridani Federation and its employees met our needs, and the needs imposed upon them. As you may know, many of our facilities were visited by Jargon representatives prior to the closing of this deal. It was our hope that our professionalism and high standards would be conveyed, yet to our surprise and shame, it was not. In our efforts for progress, we have neglected some of the needs of our employees unknowingly. Rest assured, however, that these issues are brought to light so they can be addressed. No Nanotrasen employe should fear for their safety. As such, we will be releasing additional safety equipment and revise standard emergency equipment for all employees, of all facilities, of all species. Departmental safety equipment, such as EVA gear will also be updated. The issues addressed by our associates within the Jargon Federation will be addressed. Our care for our employees does not stop at safety equipment, however, no. The welfare and prosperity of our employees in their personal lives concern us too. With everything that occurs across the galaxy, Tau Ceti is a bastion of Nanotrasen ideology one that all species can recognize the value of. As such, the universal salary of all Vaurca employees will be increased. In addition, with assistance from the Jargon federation, the peer review system put in place to assess the aptitude of Vaurca personnel will not apply for their citizens. This deal lays more mortar between the roads of progress between the Jargon Federation and Tau Ceti. This road, crafted by more than 40 years of progress will never be finished, but the journey in finishing it is something that we will all benefit from, throughout the galaxy. Thank you."

After completing their speech, Leading Jargon Representative Waq'rir Qu-Liixa took the podium. Waq'rir Qu-Liixa was reported to have suffered a $^&*severe allergic reaction_%# aboard the NSS Aurora after reportedly coming into contact with a monkey, and even looked somewhat pale but nonetheless proceeded.

"Yes, that was a correct assessment by Mr. Reynolds. It is likely that this deal will be beneficial to everyone. Furthermore, the standards expected to Federation citizens will not be a concern after the reported instances are addressed. Expect additional implementations as the first wave of laborers moves into Tau Ceti. Visas programmes and travel accommodations will be an ongoing process, one likely to create more occupations in various sectors. As to further elaborate upon what Mr. Reynolds said, the Peer review system Nanotrasen employes with its Vaurca personnel will not be required for our citizens. Such checks and balances will already have taken place and will be a requirement for work Visas to and from Tau Ceti."

At the conclusion of the speech, Waq'rir Qu-Liixa coughed slightly, being led off the stage by another skrellian minder. After her, C'thur representative Ta'Akaix'Nzit'vol'lanta, the hives primary representative during these proceedings, took place behind the eclipsed podium.

It is indeed a joyous time for all hives involved. Nanotrasen, the great white worms that fatten the substance they harvest will know more prosperity than they realize in dealing with our hive. Production will continue to increase, here and elsewhere within and outside of our hive. This occurrence will be forever immortalized beyond this life, for future Vaurca to ponder over. It is no small feat to see elucidations of growth for all parties involved. Further still into thus, it benefits all Vaurca alive. Never did I expect such generosity. Jargon, the hoary strugglers of lost ages will ensure that only those befitting of your standards will be employed beyond the means of the bound. This visit has been engaging, and it is a hope that I seek such an opportunity again.

At the conclusion of the event, there was a brief press briefing, followed by a photo op. Miranda Trasen was sadly unavailable for the event, but insiders indicated that she spoke at length to Waq'rir Qu-Liixa, prior to the announcement and signing of this landmark trade agreement.

• 2 weeks later...

HRUoJbz.png

Heavy Freighting Vessel Almost Collides With The Odin

May 23rd, 2460

A Bulk Freighter barely avoids a collision with the NTCC Odin after being forced out a bluespace jump whilst fleeing pirates, three dead.

The Bulk Freighter FV Teal belonging to the Hephaestus Industrial Division burst from bluespace and almost collided with the Odin residential block today. The one kilometre vessel was pulled from its chaotic jump by Odin Interdiction Net protection systems, forcing into realspace. Authorities confirm that the ship had been evading a mass interdiction event by pirates operating in the Tau Ceti boundary regions. Having sustained damage during the evasion upon entering realspace at breakneck speed the port side sheared off and began hurtling towards the Odin residential blocks viewing dome as the freighter skimmed across the surface of the commercial block. Visitors and citizens of the Odin watched in horror as NanoTrasen naval units scrambled to destroy the debris before they impacted. Preventing catastrophic damage, naval units were able to shatter the debris causing small but numerous micro impacts on the residential viewing dome. Bulk heads on the dome were able to lock into place before any breaches could occur on the superstructure of the dome but not before cracks formed, terrifying residents on the Odin's streets. The commercial block sustained only superficial damage to its outer plasteel layer. Naval units then headed off in pursuit of the suspected pirate force. The event caused mass panic with large amounts of damage and injury being caused by terrified citizens and visitors as they attempted to flee the residential block. Security on the scene reported no serious injuries but numerous people have been treated for minor to moderate scrapes and bruises.

Piracy has seen a stark increase in recent weeks due to the upheaval caused by the Dominian -Hegemony purge causing pirate groups to move further inwards on the Orion Spur. Government officials told the press that they "are aware of the growing threat and are in the process of producing a solution." Critics claim that the threat is "already here" and that Biesel government has been "so slow as to be almost comical" in facing the threat to travel and shipping.

Repairs are currently underway on the Odin and the FV Teal has been successfully toed into dock. Three crew members sadly lost their lives when the ship split and five remain in intensive care.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

June 1st, 2460

Odin Apartment Wing Sealed Off By Security After Missing Person Report: Linked?

Apartment Block B-17 on the Odin's residential wing has been sealed off by Odin security. Security officers are stopping people from entering the hallway, which holds at least 12 individual rooms and a small grocery store. This sudden closure comes only an hour after a recent crew shuttle returned from the research station NSS Aurora carrying over a dozen Aurora employees back to the Odin.

Crime Scene Investigators and Odin detectives were seen passing the security cordon with forensics gear. Officers did not immediately respond to our reporter's request for more information.

"We are investigating a serious incident. You will have to ask the Head of Security for more information." An officer said.

Witnesses say that this cordon comes after the wing was advised of a missing person alert. A general notice was sent through Odin newcasters and an announcement was posted on Odin's relay chat network on an Auroran employee going missing after the crew transfer. It is unclear if the security cordon is related to the disappearance of O'Ryan.

We will continue following this story as it develops.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Aurora Employee Murdered On the Odin!

mQ3tBDi.png

June 1st, 2460

NanoTrasen has confirmed that they are now calling in the Federal Investigation Bureau to open a joint investigation into a murder on the Odin of an Auroran employee. This announcement came after hours of rumors and speculation after the entire residential wing B-17 on the Odin was unceremoniously shut down and sealed by the Odin’s Internal Security Division.

“The victim was found in a maintenance hall outside one of the apartment corridors,” Odin Detective Jeremy Wildes told reporters, “the nature of the crime scene has lead us to immediately conclude this was a premeditated murder.”

The victim’s identity was withheld during the initial announcement to give authorities time to contact the victims’ family. Now police have revealed the victim to be Harley Paulina O'Ryan, an employee of the Aurora.

Harley O'Ryan was a 21 year old woman born and raised in Phoenixport. With a mid-level endorsement in the IPCOAA (Interplanetary Certificate of Academic Achievement) she worked various Cafe and service jobs before taking on a contract with NanoTrasen as an assistant.

Investigators have said that they currently have no motive for the death and are continuing to investigate.

Witnesses say that O’Ryan was walking from the shuttle dock that she took from the NSS Aurora and was trying to visit a friend of hers in an upper residential area. Her friend reported her missing after failing to get into contact with her after for several hours, and security later found the body when doing a sweep of the level.

Police say they are reviewing security camera logs, but Detective Wildes has said there were many blind spots in the Odin camera network in residential areas due to regulations on privacy.

The Odin and FIB have both issued travel advisories for the Odin station; all visitors and employees are asked to travel in groups of two or more.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Aurora Employee Charles Blake Hall Found Dead! “We Are Dealing With A Serial Killer” Says Law Enforcement

Charles_Hall.PNG

June 2nd, 2460

A shocking scene has unfolded today as Odin Security has announced that they have found a second murder victim that has lead them to believe that they are dealing with either a serial killer or a copycat crime.

The body of Aurora employee Charles Blake Hall, 34, was found by an Odin maintenance technician in a public restroom of the Odin’s residential wing on level B-15. She immediately contacted Odin Security who shut down the entire wing as FIB forensic investigators rushed to the scene.

The murder is being described as an “assassination” by Detective Jeremy Wildes, who is leading the case. He described the method of execution of both victims in a plea for the public to provide any tips they can on the case during a press briefing.

“Both victims were approached from behind and strangled with a garrote wire. Post-mortem mutilation of the body was done. We [in Odin and the FIB] believe that this is the same person that killed Harley O'Ryan just two days ago. The style and method of execution are similar but the killer showed much more refinement and practice. They’re getting confident, which is incredibly worrying.”

Detectives Wildes refused to answer questions about the possible motive of the killer or the connection between the victims.

“It is incredibly early in this investigation.” He said, "but we are issuing search warrants on the transaction histories of the Odin's hardware and kitchen supply shops."

Charles Blake Hall was a 34 year old male born in Mendell City and who had lived there all his life. A holder of a bachelors in Forensic Science, education completely covered by a Nanotrasen scholarship. He managed to rise from his humble beginnings as an orphan to become a Head of Security for NanoTrasen. He was described as a lover of the gym who loved to give crew high fives.

He is now the 2nd victim of what is being described as the possible beginnings of an Odin serial killer.

Security has been massively increased on the Odin. Interior lights on all levels are now mandated to remain bright at all hours of the day and the night. Previously they dimmed during ‘night time’ to regulate inhabitants circadian rhythms. All newscasters on the Odin are regularly advising people against traveling alone, and there are discussions within the administration of the station to enact a sweeping curfew.

“The Odin holds a lot of people and is host to an unbelievable amount of traffic and business, but it’s also one of the largest stations we have in space.” Detective Wildes said in the press briefing, “the main level is always a bustling place but huge swaths of the station almost seem desolate at some hours of the day. I’ve had to walk empty halls alone myself. It is incredibly eerie in the light of this horrifying situation we find ourselves in.”

Detective Wildes then provided advice to Aurora employees.

“Make sure you buddy up when you get back to the Odin. Let people know where you are going and when you are going to arrive. If you can’t contact someone, report them as missing to Odin Security immediately.”

Public reaction to these developments has been intense, with many people expressing incredible alarm. Requests for visitor ID’s to the Odin have plummeted to record lows, and business leaders on the station have reported reduced traffic to their stores. The public presence of security has also increased, with many Odin security officers being recalled from vacation and being given 12 to 14 hour shifts on patrol. Reporters have also been flocking to the Aurora to interview people affected by this on-going situation.

There has also been sharp criticism as to how a Head of Security of NanoTrasen could have been murdered so easily.

Detective Wildes visibly bristled at these remarks by the press, saying "Hall was a hero. I can't share the details but rest assured he damn well went down fighting."

The Odin has finally unsealed residential wing B-17, allowing hundreds of people to return to their apartments on the Odin. The hallway of wing B-15 remains sealed, but it is a corridor between commerial and residential units that will not affect traffic.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

After Being Reported Missing And Feared Dead, Aurora Scientist Shows Up Back To Work

dreamseeker_2017-12-18_23-54-14.png

June 5th, 2460

Doctor Phoebe Essel was reported missing yesterday at 10am (Biesel Relative) to Odin Security after disappearing following an overnight work shift on the Aurora. An associate of Dr. Essel reported her missing after seeing her "rush from Odin's arrivals towards the exit with a really pale face."

Odin Security sent out a missing person's alert shortly after receiving this tip, and officers on patrol increased their patrol area.

Friends and associates of Dr. Essel reported feeling immense panic once the report came out, believing that Dr. Essel was the latest victim in the recent string of murders on the Odin.

Unbeknownst to them, Dr. Essel was safe. She had received news that a family member had fallen seriously ill, and she had rushed planet-side to see them. The Odin's spotty camera coverage made it difficult for Odin's security to track her departure amid the hundreds of other daily commuters the station gets on top of their backlog of missing person reports.

"We are getting about a dozen people reported as missing every day," an Odin Security Officer said, "someone's PDA battery dies and they stop responding in a conversation and get reported as missing. All of them so far have been found after a few hours. We're obligated to publicly announce a missing person if we can't find them on the station after a few hours or we feel that there is a real and imminent danger to the individual. We need to stress that while we take very missing person report seriously, it is harmful to rush to conclusions. Ninety-nine times out of one hundred, the person is fine."

The surge in missing person reports comes after two brutal murders took place on the Odin. Two Aurora employees were picked off on the Odin and there are still no public releases on the details of the cases. Critics have slammed Odin Security and the Federal Investigation's Bureau for being so tight-lipped about their case.

"We're not going to release any information until we are confident in the details." Detective Wildes said.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Whistleblower Slams FIB Red Tape: "No Lab Has Touched Our Forensic Evidence" Source Claims

June 6th, 2460

An anonymous member of the Joint Task Force investigating the Odin murders has given to this station a dossier of the Task Forces' case reports. The documents are consolidated summaries their collective findings on the crime scenes and the schedule of the victims leading up to the deaths. The agent responsible for the leak has blasted the FIB for its “blood-stained bureaucracy”.

A lot of information, including suspect names, within the case report was censored by the anonymous source to protect the integrity of the investigation. The agent had arranged a face to face meeting with one of our investigative journalists, Robbin Thomas, behind a restaurant in Phoenixport. The source spoke briefly with the reporter under the condition that they would not be named.

“There is a real fear that the killer is going to strike again and we still don’t have enough to make an arrest,” our source said, “The FIB has insulated the task force like a vault and we aren’t cooperating with the greater NanoTrasen investigation teams. All of these resources are locked behind red tape. We have hundreds of pieces of forensic evidence that needs to be processed but the FIB has claimed jurisdiction over all of it. They’ve demanded that all the evidence goes to their central lab in Mendell City for processing instead of using an Odin based lab. Their lab has insane backlogs and they say we’ll get forensics reports 'within 365 days'. The entire team has heard Detective Wildes argue extensively with the FIB agents. We could get through all of the forensic information within a week. Our forensics lab is right across the hall. We could process everything within a week. The FIB wont hear it and keeps citing procedure. Their lab gave us results for a single strand of hair from the O’Ryan case. We still have nothing back from the Hall case.”

The FIB refused to return our calls when we were contacting them to verify the claims of our source. A legal representative of the agency later called our editor and threatened to file a civil suit against the Mendell City Bugle if we ran the story.

After consulting our legal team, our editor has chosen to go forward with this story regardless. The case files provided by the agent are attached to this page.

Case Index: D.Wildes J-93

Details Summary:

The night of May 30th - The killer was waiting in a maintenance shaft next to the elevator on the floor of O'Ryan's apartment on the B-17 wing. O'Ryan exited the elevator to her floor at 9:23pm. The killer entered the main hallway behind O'Ryan and snuck up from behind. They quickly began strangling her with the garotte wire. During the struggle O'Ryan was pulled into the maintenance shaft. The garrote broke the skin but the arteries were not severed. O'Ryan fell forwards to the floor,, where the killer would have better leverage to ensure death occurred. O'Ryan died of asphyxiation at 9:32pm. After death O'Ryan had her tongue cut out and a large amount of her blood stolen with a syringe. Her body was left wedged under a fuel tank, where it was later found by a patrolling officer at 12:58am after security was tipped off to her missing person report.

Notes:

Based on surveillance, shop receipts, and witness testimony, I’ve put together O’Ryan’s approx schedule for those few days. - CSI Hannah

-May 29th.

10:20am: Ordered pancakes from Getmore Breakfast (B-13) delivery service. Tipped the delivery boy 15 credits.

12:23pm: Went to lunch at The Dream (B-13) at with [****]. Returned home at 1:04pm.

2:00pm: Went to Aurora for shift.

8:00pm: Aurora shift ended.

8:12pm: CCTV shows O’Ryan stopping the elevator doors from closing to let [%%%%] in. [%%%%] exits elevator on B-13.

9:20pm: Returned to apartment.

9:44pm: Ordered take out from All Beef Chinese Buffet (B-11), did not tip delivery boy [$$$$]. Forensics shows food (beef on rice) was thrown out with only a small amount of the rice eaten. Comparing receipt to online order shows [$$$$] delivered a non-vegetarian meal by mistake.

-May 30th:

(She stayed home all day until 2pm.)

2:00pm: Went to Aurora for shift. CCTV shows she passed [$$$$] in the hallway to the departure lounge.

8:00pm: Shift ended. Returned to the Odin.

9:23pm: Exited elevator on B-17. Murdered. Body found at 12:58am.

Case Index: C.Hall J-94

Details Summary:

The night of June 4th: the killer was waiting in one of the stalls of the public men's restroom on level B-15 at 9:23pm. Charles Hall was washing his hands when the killer opened the stall and quickly approached him from behind. The killer quickly put the garotte wire around his neck. The killer was much more precise and confident with the weapon. They used their knee as leverage against Hall's back and applied significant force the neck, which immediately severed both carotids and caused immediate and significant blood loss. Hall threw himself back, putting up an intense struggle. The killer was knocked against the middle stall divider, breaking it off its hinges. Hall immediately lost consciousness and succumbed to his wounds at 9:27pm. Post mortem mutilation consisted of Hall's tongue being cut out and his right hand cut off by the wrist. He was left in the second stall on the floor. The killer methodically cleaned the scene, including the sinks, with a spray bottle of space cleaner. His body was later found by a maintenance technician at 11:12pm during a nightly check of the bathrooms.

Notes:

Here is the best I can do with his schedule. No CCTV in mendell and bylaws don’t allow cameras to even be near public bathroom doors. Email me updates on any more info on [****] [%%%%] and [$$$$] ASAP! - Haley

June 1st

-All we know is he ate at The Dream (B13) for lunch around 12pm.

June 2nd

12:13pm: Stopped by All Beef Buffet (B11) at and had a lunch box filled with to-go.

- Reported a suspicious person following him down the hall leaving All Beef Buffet. Suspect described as adult male in a hooded jacket. CCTV shows figure with black jacket with hoody raised. Could be [$$$$].

June 4th:

12:42pm: Boarded the Odin via shuttle from Mendell City. Greeted [%%%%] at the terminal gate.

12:53pm: - Entered Odin Public Library (B-15).

1:12pm: [****] seen on camera entering library. Hall high-fives [****].

1:20pm: Hall leaves library with [****]. They part ways and Hall moves to Odin departures.

1:30 pm: Hall boards shuttle to Aurora. Works until 9:00pm.

9:00pm: Transfers back to Odin. Detours from departures to B-15.

9:15pm : Seen on cameras handing a lunch box to [****]. [****] accepts it and they both walk to the hallway with the public restroom.

9:19:pm: Hall enters public restroom.

Note: there were 9 people in the hallway in the same hour as the murder and we’ve accounted for 7. [****] and [$$$$]are not accounted for at the time of the murder, and both are only seen leaving the scene after the murder took place.

We have provided a basic map of the relevant levels of the Residential Wing of the Odin.

OQCPz0o.png

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Odin Apartment Block Sealed Off: Has The Odin Killer Struck Again?

June 7th, 2460

The entire Odin is reeling from a sudden lock down of the entire B12 apartment wing. The level houses over 19 apartments. A police cordon just outside the elevator is preventing anyone from entering or leaving, with Odin security officers and FIB agents swarming up and down the maintenance stairwells between the levels.

Neither Odin Security nor FIB representatives gave detailed answers to questions from reporters.

Witnesses on the level have called in to our station to describe what happened.

"I was eating lunch with my family when suddenly our room's fire alarm started flashing blue," said David Spade, calling in from his apartment on B12, "the intercom gave an announcement that the entire level was on lock down. We were all told to remain in our rooms. There was a knock on the door and Odin security came in when I opened. They started searching my apartment, and when I looked outside I saw they were entering all the rooms on the level. They're definitely looking for someone."

Panic has started to sweep the Odin as the station is gripped by fears of an unknown serial killer. So far the killer has been focusing on employees of the NSS Aurora. Friends and family of Aurora crewmen have been flooding the Odin with calls asking about the safety of their loved ones that work on the Aurora.

Nathan Trasen has cancelled his planned visit to San Diego, Earth, Sol, and is now returning to the Odin to help oversee the current security situation. There are unconfirmed reports that he intends to hold a press conference later this week.

Nathan Trasen has come under fire for a recent leak within the Joint Task Force investigating the murders. It was revealed by an anonymous source that the team was torn apart by disputes on disagreements over jurisdiction and conflicting regulations. The FIB has threatened to sue news organizations that ran the leak, which would include the Mendell City Bugle. FIB Director Katelyn Jones has not responded to the allegations, with a representative of her office merely saying that "we are continuing to investigate to the best of our ability."

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Odin Killer Strikes Again: Aurora IAA Mikail Ivanovich Svensen Found Dead

F2AUlxq.png

June 7th, 2460

In a joint announcement, the FIB and Odin Security have confirmed that the recent security lockdown of the B12 apartment wing was due to security finding the latest in a string of victims from what is now being called the Odin Killer. The latest victim is Mikail Ivanovich Svensen.

"The victim was reported as missing after not showing up to work," Detective Wildes told the press, "a security officer showed up to his apartment. He used an override code to gain entry into the apartment and discovered the body. He alerted the rest of security and we locked the entire level down and started a manhunt to try to find the killer."

Svensen was a 43 year old man born and living in Mendell City with an apartment on the Odin. He held a Master's degree in Business Administration from the University of Phoenixport. He worked as a partner in several different law firms contracted to represent NanoTrasen in insurance claims. His firm was bought out in 2453 and he landed a position as a subordinate to the CCIA Tau Ceti office as an Internal Affairs Agent.

FIB Special Agent Ron Thompson, part of the Joint Task Force, went into additional detail about the scene of the crime.

"Svensen had only recently been deceased and the manner in which he died is noteworthy. We found no puncture wounds or signs of a struggle. Like the other victims his tongue was removed but it is not clear if this was done post-mortem or not. Given his position our current theory is he may have been paralyzed or under narcotics. We are running blood samples to our lab now to confirm these theories."

During the conference multiple reporters pressed Agent Thompson on the lack of arrests and rumors of FIB obstruction in the case. The Agent visibly bristled at these remarks and made a startling revelation to the press.

"We've made one arrest already and have done multiple raids to search various properties. We're not obstructing anything we're doing the heavy lifting here."

This bombshell of a previously undisclosed updates in the case prompted immediate and insistent follow up questions from the present press.

Detective Wildes stepped up to the podium and announced that they would be taking no further questions, before escorting Agent Thompson off stage.

The killings have claimed the lives of a Head of Security, an assistant, and now an Internal Affairs agent. There is currently no publicly shared connection between the individuals.

The public response continues to be one of panic and constant anxiety. Many employees from the NSS Aurora have begun forming buddy systems and Aurora security officers have organized walks with station crew, escorting them through the Odin after a shift has ended. Other employees of the Aurora have refused to return to the Odin, electing to freeze themselves within the station's cryogenic storage between their shifts.

Nathan Trasen has announced that he has ordered a sweeping curfew of the NTCC Odin. After 10pm (BIesel Relative) anyone present in the hallways not on official Odin business will be subject to an immediate search. All shops and restaurants are to be closed by 7pm. Large sections of maintenance have been bolted shut, with cleaning and maintenance crews requiring a written request and an officer present to observe entry and exit from maintenance shafts.

Despite the security measures, the economy of the Odin is in a nose dive. Foot traffic has plummeted to record lows and many small businesses are beginning to feel the strain. Business leaders on the Odin have warned that if trends continue the station may face sweeping lay-offs within its service sector.

"People are scared, and no one wants to go out in the halls." Said Amanda Blossoms, owner of a hair salon on the Odin, "everyone is worried they'll be next."

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Police Raid Odin Restaurant: Fear And Paranoia Breaking Down Community?

June 9th, 2460

An anonymous tip of The Dream serving severed human tongues to its guests lead to a surprise police read of the restaurant. Situated on Level B13 of one of Odin's residential wings, The Dream is a tajara owned business that focuses on exotic Adhomai based cuisine.

At 5:30pm Odin Security and FIB agents descended on the restaurant. They burst through the front door and ordered everyone not employed with the restaurant to leave.

Drea Mirmtar, the owner of the establishment, tried to protest but to no avail. Customers were swiftly escorted out, and left behind on all of the tables were uneaten meals. Detectives and forensic technicians began rounding up the staff and methodically picked apart the establishment as journalists and onlookers crowded outside the police cordon.

All of the staff of The Dream were questioned by investigators and security searched the entire building.

In the end police and Odin security left empty handed. The reported human tongues turned out to be regular cow tongues served with garlic salt and fried in olive oil.

Our Bugle journalist managed to interview Ms. Mirmtar after the raid. Clearly distraught, the Tajara had to console herself before she was able to answer questions.

"They think she would serve human tongues to her guests?!" She exclaimed about the anonymous tip, "she is at a loss of words. That is sick. Someone is playing a cruel joke on her. This whole thing happened during the dinner rush so she lost all her best business."

When asked about what would lead someone to make a false tip against her, Drea became upset again.

"She has always received comments about her cuisine. A lot of humans do not enjoy Tajara cooking. They say mean things about it. Plenty of them would want her to be shut down. She thought that Tau Ceti was the land of opportunity but it seems to only be so for humans. She thought she left behind the trauma of police raiding her work and her home and terrorizing her employees when she left Adhomai. She guesses that some things are the same across all space."

The police raid has caused a mark decrease in customer traffic to the restaurant. While many residents on the wing have expressed pity at seeing the restaurant subject to such a dramatic raid, we found few non-tajara that expressed a desire to return to eat.

"I saw some type of animal brain being offered on the menu, doused with some type of sauce. There was a photo of the meal. It's just not for me." Said one former patron.

Across Odin in general security is reporting that they are receiving over a dozen anonymous tips a day.

"It's like neighbors are turning on each other," said one officer speaking anonymously, "everyone is walking around in packs and everyone thinks everyone else is the killer. I'm worried about what will happen if this pressure keeps building up."

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Memorial Marathon Run For Aurora Victims

June 11th, 2460

Last Tuesday Aurora employees organized a 25k run in memory of Charles Hall that is taking place today. The run is taking place in Mendell City's Phoenix Park Avenue 4. The start of the run is underneath the famous Archway.

The runners will go through the Phoenix Park, underneath the maple trees and across the bridges over the small ponds that dot the park. The run was primarily conceived and organized by Altai Al-Azir, a Tajara that works on the NSS Aurora. Our reporter for the Bugle Roger Thames was present and asked the runners several questions on why they were running and how they were responding to the gruesome killings on the Odin.

R.T.: "How did you know Hall?"

Kuhzere Ioraks: "I had met Hall on the relay the day prior to his death, we quickly exchanged pleasantries before he talked to some of his friends about a run."

R.T.: "Why did you choose to run in this race?"

Katya Al-Tahara: "Well she had to;, not only did she know him in life but he was also important to Altai, she knew she couldn't leave him in this alone"

R.T.: "How have you responded to the killings?"

Blair McKinley: I arrived just after the killings started, so... It's been kind of the norm. I call a security escort when I walk around the Odin if I'm going anywhere where I'm not surrounded by people. I don't feel particularly threatened, but I'm worried about some of the people I've met and become friends with.

The runners came together under the pictureesque arch and started the run together. The run took some time and they were tracked by bystanders who knew what the event was for. In total, 25 people attended the run.

"This is a really good show of the community coming together and not letting fear rule us," Said Odin resident Miguel Stevens, who had come to watch the run, "it's important that we honor the fallen with things like this."

Aurora Chaplain Jack McJacko held a moment of silence in memory of the victims before the marathon officially began.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Ali Holmes And Marcus Meuller Arrested In Connection With Killings

June 12th, 2460

The FIB has made two arrests today, bringing in Ali Holmes of the NSS Aurora and Marcus Meuller of the All Beef Buffet.

In a press conference FIB Special Agent Godivia Crown of the Odin Special Task Force has announced that two arrests have been made on the two prime suspects connected to the Odin killings.

In a coordinated move, FIB raided Holmes’ apartment in Mendell City on 29th Street, and the apartment in the B-wing of the Odin’s residential area at 6:15am (Biesel Relative). Reporters tipped off to the impending arrests arrived in time to see NanoTrasen Doctor Ali Holmes escorted out of the building in handcuffs. The entire premises was surrounded by black FIB sedans and two police helicopters hovered over the building. Holmes was put into the back of a black FIB sedan and the entire convoy drove off.

Marcus Meuller was arrested much more dramatically; Odin security had been tipped off that Meuller may have been stockpiling weapons. Odin security forced open the airlock and used a canister of tear gas that flooded the room. Clad in gas masks and riot gear the officers went in and brought out a choking and spluttering Meuller. Police cordoned off the hallway for the duration of the raid, not allowing bystanders or press through.

In an apparent attempt to pre-empt leaks, Crown went into unusual detail on the evidence that lead to the arrests.

“Going over security camera footage and witness testimony we have been able to play Ali Holmes at the scene of every crime. In addition Holmes was in contact with multiple victims before their death. We also spoke to several people on the Aurora who all marked Dr. Holmes as the last person to speak to O’Ryan - the first victim - before her death. We also discovered shocking evidence that O’Ryan actually warned one of the medical doctors that someone was trying to kill her. We’ve fit the timeline together and we believe we have a strong case. We will see what questioning brings us.”

Marcus Meuller, 20, was a delivery boy for All Beef Buffet. One of Meuller’s work associates reported him as suspicious to police after seeing a book on 23rd century serial killers in the backpack Meuller wears. During the raid police found several weapons and serial killer memorabilia. Meuller is described by Agent Crown as a loner who obsessively collects history books on famous serial killers such as the New Detroit Slasher (2143) and the Butcher of Phoenixport (2345). Police also found a Richeson Wire Cutter, which is very similar to a gourette wire, with pottery supplies in his apartment.

“We are as of yet unaware if the two have been working together, there are still some holes we need to fill in.” Agent Crown told reporters, “but we have our best agents coming in to question these guys. We hope that these arrests calm the public.”

Detective Wildes, lead investigator on the case, was not present during the news conference, and has not returned our calls.

These high profile arrests have caused a major boost in public relations for the Federal Investigations’ Bureau. The popularity of the agency was in a tailspin after it was leaked by the Bugle that the FIB was stonewalling forensics analysis of the Odin murders due to regulatory technicalities.

The Director of the FIB Katelyn Jones was present at the press conference, where she congratulated her Agents and the Task Force as a whole.

“The FIB has always worked in the best interests of public safety,” Director Jones said, “despite certain individuals acting in bad faith attempting to smear our good name, we have still worked without rest to bring criminals to justice. It may be premature to say mission accomplished, but we are in the final stage and I want you all to know that the Odin hallways are safe again.”

Jones’ arguably premature celebration on a still-active investigation has been called into questions. But our Bugle analysts have pointed out that this is a crucial time for the Agency.

“The FIB gets its funding directly from the Department of Justice,” one of our analysts told us, “and there were talks about scaling back this years’ budget. The funding is finalized every June and continues to the June of the following year. A high profile serial killer - or even two - being put behind bars is definitely going to give them a huge funding boost.”

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Ali Holmes Confesses To Being Odin Killer: “We Got Him” Says FIB

June 13th, 2460

FIB Director Katelyn Jones assembled a hasty press conference today where she announced that her agents had gotten a full confession from Ali Holmes, who is now confirmed to have been the Odin Killer.

“The fearless men and women of the FIB stared down the most brutal killer of our generation. The interrogators were eyeball to eyeball with Holmes, and Holmes was the one that blinked.”

The confession has sent shock waves throughout the Odin and Tau Ceti. Ali Holmes, born 2424 to Janiss and Bartholomew Holmes in the Sol independent state of France, started life in luxury. They were effectively born into wealth as their parents' success in the Interstellar Aid Corps skyrocketed, and it was his mother's actions that would lead inevitably to his decision to join the IAC himself. Attending medical school at the public university of Harvard, he crawled along until eventually finding himself in possession of his own little piece of the family's wealth. Using this, he became a sort of minor figure of importance, becoming a face for his families’ endeavors into the Frontier. Some time in 2449, an incident not disclosed to the public led to his departure from the aid corps, and thus began his continued schooling and work with someone better off: NanoTrasen.

Friends and family have expressed their disbelief and grief at discovering that Dr. Holmes was responsible for the grisly murders that was causing so much fear and panic on the Odin.

“That’s not my son, he’s not like that.” Janiss told reporters outside their Champagne-Ardenne estate with Bartholomew next to her, “he has never been anything except sweet to everyone he meets.”

“They have the wrong guy.” Bartholomew told reporters before refusing to take further questions.

Friends of Ali Holmes that worked with him on the Aurora were also reeling from the news.

“He confessed?” One crew member said, “Oh God. I worked with him every day. I’m going to be sick...”

NanoTrasen Chief Security Officer Nathan Trasen appeared before the press with Detective Wildes to thank the Task Force for their contribution.

“We did great - no, YOU did great,” Trasen said, gesturing to the assembled forensic technicians and Odin security officers on the task force, “you have helped put an early end to an unbelievably grim time for this station. The time of terror is over and now it is time to heal.”

In response to this news, the Odin has lifted its mandatory 7pm curfew. Odin officials have said they are also dimming the station lights at night.

Detective Wildes declined to speak when prompted by Nathan Trasen, who awkwardly skipped him over for the NanoTrasen CSI Hannah Lewis. Wildes was later seen leaving the conference early and was not available for comment.

The FIB have declined to release the transcripts of the interrogation that lead to the signed confession, citing concerns about the integrity of their case as they prepare to move forward with prosecution in the upcoming criminal trial.

The confession has come a mere day before the Tau Ceti Department of Justice was prepared to finalize their 2460-61 budget for the FIB. Attorney General Anibal Gonzalez has announced that “ due to the impressive professionalism and unquestionable commitment to Justice, we will be seeking an additional 150 million credit bonus for the agencies’ budget next year.”

By the day’s end, this revised budget will reach the desk of President Joseph Dorn, who must stamp off on yearly department budgets of the federal branch.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Conspiracy Theorists Protest Alleged “Corruption” Outside FIB Headquarters; Slammed As Politicizing Tragedy

June 14th, 2460

Early this morning a handful of protesters gathered outside the headquarters of the Federal Investigation Bureau. The protestors had mixed and confusing demands and statements.

Some present claimed they were were demanding the release of the confession tape of the alleged serial killer Ali Holmes, claiming the FIB had coerced Holmes into giving a false confession. Others fronted a conspiracy theory that the FIB was embezzling funds and that the serial killings were all an elaborate false-flag operation by the agency to gain more funding.

Daniel Preston was one of the protesters present, and agreed to an interview by one of our journalists. Wearing a torn t-shirt and blue jeans, he continuously scratched his arm as he spoke.

“The FIB is paying a hitman out of pocket to take these people out,” He claimed, “this is all a false flag operation by the New Democrats to stage a coup. It all starts here, man.”

Fernando Gonzales was another individual present at the protest, and we are lead to believe that he has arranged this entire event. He also accepted a request for statements and elaborated on his goals.

"We are here because we want three things: We want the public to be aware of Katelyn Jones' embezzlement. We want the details of the third murder to be accessible to NT detectives so the real killer can be caught. We want the tapes of Ali Holmes' confessions to be made public. We believe Doctor Holmes in innocent, we believe the FIB is being mismanaged."

True Democrats are a minority Ultra-Protectionist that broke off from the Social Democratic party in 2459 after becoming frustrated with the ‘timidity’ of their former party. They stand in opposition to the leading True Republican party and have hounded the FIB as being mismanaged. True Democrat and former presidential candidate Al-Harthi has given scathing criticism on FIB Director Katelyn Jones as being a “Dorn Lackey” and has repeatedly attempted to press legislation to get her removed from office.

True Democratic congressmen have denied being involved with the protest, and Al-Harthi herself did not return our calls or e-mails for comment.

Community leaders within Mendell City and the Odin have slammed the protesters for their apparent political affiliations.

“We still bear the fresh wounds of trauma,” said Mendell City Police Chief Robert Aheles, “I am really disappointed that these people would exploit a tragedy for a political gain.”

FIB Director Jones herself has responded to the allegations in a brief statement made over the phone to our studio.

“I’ve seen the documents and they’re fake as you can get,” Jones said over the phone, “the Agency is already audited monthly. I’m not even going to comment on the other allegations about staging a false flag other than saying Al-Harthi is a real piece of work if this was her doing. I guess we are just lucky that we have the fortune of going back to the normal groove of playing politics instead of living in fear of a killer.”

All of the documents shown by the protesters are two pieces of paper that allegedly show the financial accounts of the FIB agency as well as Katelyn Jones’ personal financial history.

We are unable to provide photos of the documents due to privacy laws. The FIB has also made a public comment that the agency may seek to place criminal charges for fraud and libel on anything that “proliferates the false financial documents.”

The FIB has not yet pressed charges on any individual, but is believed to be in contact with NanoTrasen to seek the identity of those who may have shared the documents.

The protest ended after several hours, and traffic resumed on the street outside the headquarters. Their demands are not yet so far, as Ali Holmes’ confession tape remains sealed, and Jones remains Director of the FIB.

The criminal trial for Ali Holmes is expected to begin on June 25th.

Editor's Note: The trial for Ali Holmes is the criminal trial, and not the sentencing trial. This mistake has been changed.

HRUoJbz.png

Chief Medical Officer Charlie Dove Found Dead On The Odin - Copycat Killer?

07K61QX.png

June 15th, 2460

The Odin has announced that a body has been found on the Odin once more, and the news has caused outright panic to sweep through the space station. Odin representatives have reinstated the mandatory 7pm curfew as tourists and visitors cancel their trips and abandon the Odin in droves. FIB officials have urged the public to remain calm.

The victim’s identity has been revealed as 44 year old Charlie Dove. Born in Nelson not knowing her mother, she succeeded her father when he passed away when she was 23 and left her a small fortune. She used this wealth to get herself through medical school at 25 and she became a Chief Medical Officer of the Cassam Remembered at 37. She worked on many stations but her most steady job was on the Aurora. She is survived by her niece and nephew as her only surviving family.

Odin and FIB officials have held an emergency press conference where they fielded incendiary questions from reporters. In the conference the FIB stressed that the genuine Odin killer, Ali Holmes, had been arrested and that this latest murder “looked to be either a copycat or a crime of passion.”

People in the crowd at the press conference grew belligerent, and at one point there was an incident as an attendant stood up and threw trash at the FIB representative. The assembly erupted into a furor as security moved to drag the man out of the press hall. The conference was then cancelled with further updates coming from e-mailed press releases.

The victim was described as having been attacked “suddenly” in the hallway of the B-13 business wing on the Odin. Officials have not released details, but Odin Detective Wildes has described the scene as “gruesome. This isn’t the style of the Odin Killer. This feels different. More visceral.”

Nathan Trasen had cancelled a trip to New Gibson and is returning to the Odin immediately. Residents on the Odin are reporting a sense of dread and deja-vu.

“We can’t go through this again.” Said one resident, “I can’t live on a station where something like this happens.”

Director Jones and Nathan Trasen are believed to be discussing recreating the Joint Task Force to investigate this new killing. Director Jones has stressed the importance of FIB jurisdiction over murder cases. Odin officials have avoided directly answering whether or not they are open to handing over jurisdiction.

“Tau Ceti law allows NanoTrasen to investigate and respond to crime on its installations,” a NanoTrasen representative said, “in most cases we are happy to waive this privilege to allow the authorities access.”

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Leaked Confession Tape Shows Ali Holmes Coerced Into Giving False Confession: “Saturday Massacre” Sees Mass Resignation

June 17th, 2460

Early this morning the Bugle received a video tape and several dozen transcripts that all exposed the FIB as having extracted a false and misleading confession from Ali Holmes, the suspected Odin Killer.

The video shows Holmes locked in an interrogation room with concrete walls. Holmes is handcuffed to the bare table. Two FIB agents, one unidentified male and Special Agent Godivia Crown, enter and exit the room in 2 hour shifts during the grueling 12 hour interrogation. Ali Holmes remained in the interrogation room for this entire time, only being allowed to leave once for a 10 minute bathroom break.

The transcripts reveal startling methods of coercion against Ali Holmes. In the initial stages of the interrogation, Special Agent Crown insists to Holmes that he is not being interrogated.

Agent Crown: “This is just an interview.”

Ali Holmes: “Then why am I handcuffed to the table??”

Agent Crown: “I am very sorry about that. It is just procedure. Now I’d like to talk to you about -”

Ali Holmes: “Can I decline this interview?”

Agent Crown: “You can. But I don’t know why you would refuse to talk to me. It would do nothing to help your case.”

Ali Holmes: “I didn’t do anything to have a case against me!”

Agent Crown: “Then why don’t you want to talk to me?”

The FIB interrogators also lied about the evidence against Holmes and assumed that he was guilty. Four hours into the interrogation Crown claimed they found Holmes prints on the murder weapons. Holmes became distraught, insisting he never purchased anything like that. Agent Crown then lied about finding a positive match of Holmes’ blood on the scene of the Charles Hall murder. Crown and the unidentified male agent then spent the next 8 hours wearing Holmes down, relentlessly pressuring him to plead guilty to “make things easy for you.”

Near the end of the interrogation, Crown threatened legal action against the entire Holmes family.

Agent Crown: “I’m beginning to think your family funded your habits on the Odin. I have these receipts of your mother buying you the wire. I think we’ll bring your parents in here. We’ll get the entire estate impounded. They’ll be locked behind bars for months with no bail and all their assets frozen. Your family is pretty wealthy, but how do you think they’ll do in a room like this, sitting across from me? Or spending hours every day on stand in the courtroom? Just make this easy for all of us and sign this document. If you sign this then this all goes away and your family won’t be bothered.”

Ali Holmes: “What does signing this mean?”

Agent Crown: “It means we end the interview and all this goes away.”

The recording also caught Agent Crown confessing that the agency knew Ali Holmes was not the killer they were looking for. A recording device was hidden in the observation room by the whistleblower, and caught this exchange.

Unknown: “I don’t know why you’re pushing him so hard. He’s not the guy.”

Agent Crown: “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Unknown: “Wildes is all up on Jones’ ass about it.”

Agent Crown: “Jones’ primary concern is to prevent panic. If there’s a panic then things are going to spiral rapidly out of our control. Wildes doesn’t understand that.”

Unknown: “I don’t - how does it help to throw him in a hole if he isn’t the guy we’re after?”

Agent Crown: “We need time. This gives us that.”

Unknown: “We can’t throw innocent people to the wolves to buy more time.”

Agent Crown: “Then go resign and get out of my way.”

The response to the tapes has been immediate and incredibly incendiary. Protests have sparked onboard the NTCC Odin and in front of the FIB headquarters in Mendell City.

The FIB was riding high on the high-profile arrest of the person they claimed was a serial killer, and only yesterday the Department of Justice finalized the budget that gave the agency an additional 150 million credits in funding. Now the department is in a tailspin. Director Jones has been forced to resign, as well as 47 other FIB officials. With mass resignations and the reveal of illegal interrogation tactics paralyzing the agency, NanoTrasen announcing it is rejecting FIB requests for joint investigations.

Justice Department Attorney General Anibal Gonzalez has announced that he is launching an immediate investigation into the conduct of the FIB following the sudden resignation. He has issued a subpoena to FIB Director Jones, Agent Crown, and others involved in the case. There are no remarks on whether or not any involved officials will be arrested.

Public protests have gripped the NTCC Odin and the street in front of the FIB headquarters in Mendell City. Hundreds of people are taking to the streets and loudly protesting the abuses by the Agency.

The fate of Ali Holmes is still in the air, but there are strong indications that the charges against him will be thrown out as soon as this week, with Attorney General Gonzalez saying he would need to "finish the paperwork."

At the same time, the true Odin Killer remains at large, and the public does not know when, where, or who they will strike next.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

Ali Holmes Released

June 17th, 2460

Ali Holmes, who had been coerced into giving a false confession, was released from jail where he was being held without bond. The release comes after the Mendell City District Criminal Court threw out the confession and all evidence gathered by the FIB.

"There is severe and unforgivable tampering of evidence and it's all basically invalid at this point." Said Mendell City Judge Jake Forrest.

The FIB has not filed an appeal and is not expected to challenge the court's decision. The FIB agency is temporarily without a leader; after the forced resignation of Director Jones, Deputy Director James Ericson was also forced to resign after he was found to be culpable to the forced confession.

President Dorn has appointed Yukiko Ahles, a former district lawyer from Phoenixport, to lead the agency as a temporary director. Yukiko was seen entering the FIB headquarters, grim-faced with coffee in hand.

The agency remains in a tailspin as it is under several state and federal investigations over the false confession it coerced out of Ali Holmes.

Ali Holmes refused to speak to the press. He was given a police escort out of the jailhouse and returned to his place of residence earlier today.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

HRUoJbz.png

After A Struggle, Forensic Evidence For Odin Killings Smuggled To Detective Wildes - “We’re Closing In” Says Wildes

June 21st, 2460

On the day that Ali Holmes returned to the NSS Aurora, he became a periphery for a flashpoint that nearly ended in a riot engulfing the NSS Aurora.

A mysterious message was delivered electronically to an independent assembly of Aurora security personnel from an unknown IP. The message described the current theory of Odin’s Special Task Force that the Odin Killer has been using a maintenance ID card to maneuver throughout the Odin’s maintenance tunnels in order to avoid being

tracked by its cameras. The ID card was believed to have been hidden and stashed on the Aurora.

“The ID was from an Odin Maintenance Technician,” Detective Wildes told our reporters, “it was reported missing in late May. The technician in question reported it stolen after leaving it unattended in her purse at The Dream restaurant.”

An extensive hunt for the ID began on the 15th of June, after the murder of Chief Medical Officer Charlie Dove. It is around this time that the killer was believed to have hidden the ID on the Aurora in order to avoid detection.

When Ali Holmes returned to the Aurora on the 17th he had arrived just as the massive hunt was underway by Aurora security to find the ID. After two hours of searching the ID was finally found, but station command and crew were divided on what to do with it.

The Aurora’s Captain, LeChiffre, demanded that the forensic evidence be turned over to himself to be given to authorities. Other members of the crew, including a standing command staffer, conspired to smuggle the evidence off of the station under the nose of the Captain. The climax of this struggle saw someone allegedly slug Captain LeChiffre and a decoy ID card handed off.

The identities of the alledged conspirators have been censored from LeChiffre’s statement to the Bugle for legal reasons.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I do not deceive you and I am working my ways through the red tapes, I can safely assure you that the true culprit will be caught. Although, I was reminded of the news that it was not Ali Holmes being the culprit. So, it would seem to be true from one perspective; however, if we look to the other perspective, there is no doubt that Ali Holmes among conspirators [-----] and [-----] have intentionally hid the evidence from the Law and NanoTrasen and casted not only a larger liability but as well as legality issue on NanoTrasen’s part. Obviously, this tells us that Ali Holmes, [-----], and [-----] are to be conspirators with the true culprit behind the scene. [-----], [-----], Ali Holmes, if you are listening to this, I will be seeing you three in the court.”

It’s not clear if there will be any resulting legal battle between the crew members, and NanoTrasen’s CCIA have said they are “investigating the matter with due diligence” and have also remarked that they are unwilling to disclose details of active investigations.

Regardless of the circumstances, the missing Odin Maintenence Technician ID is now in the hands of Detective Wildes. Wildes, who was formerly an investigator in the joint Odin-FIB Task Force, is now leading a crime unit of exclusively NanoTrasen security staff.

Wildes gave a statement to the press in which he gave hope that the killer may soon be apprehended.

“The ID was processed in our lab within the days it was delivered to us. We have conclusive, firm forensic evidence that has narrowed our list of persons of interest considerably. I can’t disclose anything specific but know that things are moving very fast. We are entering into the final stage of this investigation. We are closing in on the killer.”