[Accepted] Trazz's Command Whitelist App

BYOND key: Trazz666

Character names: Jaylee Zaun, Ob-servo, Krosk Uttaz, Rani Dayal, Brooke Rosensteel

How long have you been playing on Aurora?: Since the beginning. The literal beginning of the Aurora server.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?: I had it before, and I've been around regularly enough I'd like it back.

Why did you come to Aurora?: The original Apollo station shut down, and I came along with the rest of the split.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?: Yes.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about: By definition, roleplaying is assuming a role in a fictional setting and enacting that role. It's about escapism, essentially. Even if you have a decent life, roleplaying allows you the opportunity to be someone who you're not and have more control over your situation, even only for a few minutes. In a less philosophical/tragic sense, it's playing pretend and having fun. It lets you pick a fun character and play around with other people playing characters and having fun as a group.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?: When not getting ganked by an assistant in a maint tunnel, they're meant to be one of the best in their department, as well as coordinator/guide for their employees. They set projects and goals for their departments to complete, while maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Also as command, it's also part of their job to make sure nothing illegal happens under their supervision. And paperwork, lots of paperwork.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?: Perhaps it's just my years of experience talking here, but not much, honestly. The nature of the server itself presses responsibilities on the players. However, whitelisters take it a step forward. Having a whitelist is declaring that you feel confident enough in your roleplaying ability to take on additional risk for additional power. If I had to pick a less vague answer, however, I would say that the OOC responsibility to other players would be a higher level of maturity and level-headedness, since often time heads of staff are in conflict with the general populace. It would also probably help to not abuse your power and have a character brigged all session or demoted. That's no fun.

Please pick one of your characters for this section, and provide well articulated responses to the following questions.

Character name: Ob-Servo

Character age: 5

Please provide a short biography of this character (approx 2 paragraphs): Ob-Servo is a Zeng-Hu Mobility Frame IPC. His original purpose was to observe (and facilitate) the experimentation and research of xenobiological specimens. He was made in a joint-company effort between Zeng-Hu Pharmaceuticals and Nanotrasen to further deepen the corporation's friendship. The goal of Ob-Servo's creation was to hopefully discover a medicinal purpose from xenobiological synthesis. The medical technology, if any was discovered, was to be patented by Zeng-Hu and solely distributed by was on Nanotrasen bluespace lanes.

When nothing of significant value was discovered in Ob-Servo's years of research, the project was scrapped. He was then installed with a poly-variant predictive algorithmic code processor, which was intended to expand Ob-Servo's scientific usefulness to more generalized works. Using his new processor, he was able to parse scientific data into discrete groups and sub-groups, then using projected outcomes, create his own hypotheses and narrow it down to it's most likely outcomes. Using his new processor, his expanded data banks, and his loyalty programming, Ob-Servo was a natural pick to become a director of research aboard a research station. Side note: It would seem that P-VPACPs have had a very...curious effect on Ob-Servo's sense of style.

What do you like about this character?: Despite being slapped together quickly before a round start (I even forgot to set his languages), Ob-Servo has quickly become one of my favorite characters to play. Simple social misunderstanding for comedic effect, his speech pattern, the outfit, the type of friends he makes, it's all great.

What do you dislike about this character?: Honestly, the fact I limited such a great IPC to xenobiology takes away a lot of social interactions. No real complaints other than that.

What do you think makes this character fit to be a head of staff?: To be frank, I intended on making a separate character for a head position, because I tend to make characters with too much rebellious or care-free attitudes to be a proper head. However, Ob-Servo is a recently made character, and even though I made him before I intended on filling out this app, I feel he'd be a great fit. His dedication to doing a neat and tidy job, his loyalty to his employer, and his aversion to dangerous situations make him fit for the job. I also imagine robots having neat handwriting, which I imagine is great for paperwork.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?: Just like on my racial whitelist apps, I rate myself about a 7 or 8 on the average day when I get off work. I can bump it to a 9 or 10 after a good night's rest and when the situation calls for it. I'd consider my roleplay skill consistent, though I can change it up to fit appropriate situations.

Extra notes: I keep telling myself "one of these days I'm gonna bother getting my whitelist back", but then I realized if I don't make myself do it, it'll never get done. So here we are. On another note, I've noticed that the RD qualifications say at least 30 years old, but IPC's max age is 30. I imagine it isn't that big of an issue, since age is completely different for IPC's, but it's a weird quirk I noticed. (It also proves I read and know the qualifications)

Trazz' characters have a tendency to be a little rebellious, as they pointed out. So admittedly, they wouldn't make the greatest of heads. But this whitelist isn't for them, right?

I haven't seen much of Ob-Servo, but I really like the backstory and the few times I've managed to see them in game, I've been a fan.

I really like Uttaz, which is another character that I think Trazz plays really well. So that being said, I think it's clear that Trazz can play a large variety of different characters and play them well. I'd like to see them as a head of staff. Good luck!

+1 My character A.S.M and His Character Ob-Servo are basically friends. We started out being colleagues in the science department, and during a round where the station was basically hi-jacked we tried escaping at first. Trying to head for the escape pods in the command area. When we could not find any other way to get to the escape pods, we tried turning off the self destruct. Ultimately we could not find a way, and that is how an ERT found us. In a top-secret room. With the nuke. Of course, he would help us. But not after he turned on the rooms lasers and almost killed us.

Trazz's characters are amazing and so is he.

So let's get started, first good feedback although a bit short it's still nice to see you have multiple people who are willing to vouch for you.

You have a few notes but nothing outright bad, OOC explanation is satisfactory and for IPCs it is indeed irrelevant how old they are before they apply.

However.

I've seen a few comments on and off forum that you have a slight rebelious streak not only with your characters but (according to one of the notes) you yourself like to stick up to the authority from time to time.

Now, the former is not an issue the IC and OOC seperation is an important thing however the latter is indeed a problem.

You see, giving you a whitelist is going to enable you to create ANY character as ANY head and sure Ob-iwan Servobi over here is neat and sticks to his job this doesn't mean you'll later create new characters which will breach the proper whitelist procedures.

But I'm willing to trust you, so don't dissapoint me.

Application Accepted.