Declowning Objects

There are several items generated in an average round that unnecessarily reference clowns or the clown. These are a relic of bygone days when we had clowns and it was 'funny' to talk about them being on the station and murdering them.

I created a PR involving removing them, but it's been largely filled up with le reddit brigade nonsense from people hailing from lowrp servers that certain of OUR players called in to 'support' them. I was asked to make a forum thread.

Here's the important info, though.

e41f4444c70a5c82a2c12debdc010cc2.png

883461ebfa521e348d815b2a85461e94.png

a18684150c0502e29197620ac4dbabd1.png

These three items had their text involving clowns changed to 'unauthorized personnel', 'carefully', and deleting the last sentence, respectfully.

I'm aware that there is an ancient culture involving clowns and SS13, but we don't use them anymore. There's no redeeming value in keeping silly or nonsensical messages in the game simply for the sake of them being there.

They're not funny anymore. They're not in any way necessary.

It's time to move on, and within a week of this being implemented, most people won't even remember it was there, because the objects that include these are so rarely viewed that people mostly forget they exist unless they're using them.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Clowns are part of the ss13 heritage but it does not have an impact on the aurora heritage unlike other aspects of Aurora I have defended (such as Noir detectives). I'm fine with removing it

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I don't see why you're cherrypicking out certain descriptions because they don't fit the setting. So what if there's a clown reference?

because they don't fit the setting.

Clinging to the ways of old leads to stagnation and stagnation leads to death, the golden path of humanity must arrise from conflict.

+1 the text adds nothing besides le xd funny clown mey mey.

Praise be to Shai'Hulud may his passing cleanse this world.

• Gem locked this topic