Randomize the amount resources/supplies/weapons that All departments get at round start

Bygonehero

I believe nonstandardized department resources will increase cargo traffic, as well as add more emergent gameplay to the average round. Department resources to me should spawn as one of four options( less than half of average, half of average, current average, or more than half of average)

In this system, if you have four white med kits on average there is a 25% chance you will spawn with one, a 25% chance you spawn with two, 25% chance of four, and 25% chance of more than four. apply this to all resources in all departments and you have a variable inventory thats negatives could be offset relatively easily with proper planning and ordering.

It would make the game more interesting but it could cause issues as the equipment each department starts out with is (relatively) carefully balanced.

I would support this if departments had a way of knowing if there was a supply shortage, such as a centcomm start-of-round message that informs heads of staff that they may need to order more supplies.

It would make the game more interesting but it could cause issues as the equipment each department starts out with is (relatively) carefully balanced.

I would support this if departments had a way of knowing if there was a supply shortage, such as a centcomm start-of-round message that informs heads of staff that they may need to order more supplies.

Excellent idea, the message prompt could be set depending which of the four settings are rolled at round start. I am on the fence however of telling them exactly what is missing. What if its a general statement such as,

Due to previous cutbacks, X department supplies for this shift are below average.

This was a thing that Bay did before when they still played on Boxstation. They had randomized armory layouts and the round could basically be over if you were unlucky enough to roll all ion rifles or all machine pistols.

I don't think this is a great idea. The cargo warehouse is the only storage facility deserving of randomization. You shouldn't make other departments' standard effectiveness hinge on RNG based on they start with.

This was a thing that Bay did before when they still played on Boxstation. They had randomized armory layouts and the round could basically be over if you were unlucky enough to roll all ion rifles or all machine pistols.

I don't think this is a great idea. The cargo warehouse is the only storage facility deserving of randomization. You shouldn't make other departments' standard effectiveness hinge on RNG based on they start with.

We aren't randomizing the kind of resources/weapons/supplies, only the amount.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Sounds like a good idea! As long as it is not crippling. A lot of the items that would be affected (medkits) are really a form of convienence. The items within medkits are all present in surplus, they are just scattered around the department rather than concentrated in one specific area.

We aren't randomizing the kind of resources/weapons/supplies, only the amount.

So security gets one energy carbine during a secret round that rolls it to be siege? Or paranoia?

If cargo was easy to rely on and didn't take 15 minutes to and fro in order to transfer shipments this would be acceptable. It is not, as the only supply chain is completely unreliable and far too time-consuming.

On one hand, I like this idea. I've always felt like some departments/jobs always being fully stocked was slightly immersion breaking. Also having less than 100% supplies would make the station feel lived-in at round start, instead of brand spanking new never been touched. This could also have fringe benefits, such as more hardlined cargo regulations, more power for the head of personnel position, and having to actually socialize with other departments.

On the other hand, however, this could spell doom for low-pop hours or the accursed crossfire rounds when all of cargo is spirited away.

On one hand, I like this idea. I've always felt like some departments/jobs always being fully stocked was slightly immersion breaking. Also having less than 100% supplies would make the station feel lived-in at round start, instead of brand spanking new never been touched. This could also have fringe benefits, such as more hardlined cargo regulations, more power for the head of personnel position, and having to actually socialize with other departments.

On the other hand, however, this could spell doom for low-pop hours or the accursed crossfire rounds when all of cargo is spirited away.

This is easily fixed with a weighted average dependant on number of players and or number of players in a department at round start.

You're over exaggerating. There would definitely be a hardcap on how many items in security would be gone. Worst case scenario would likely be -1 shotgun and -1 carbine.

It also takes 10 minutes for a shipment to arrive. 4 minutes to the destination, 4 minutes back, 2 minutes of cargo delivering the item.

• Gem locked this topic