[Accepted] Security Jobban Appeal Pt2

BYOND Key: Spider2046

Total Ban Length: Permanent

Banning staff member's Key: Aboshehab

Reason of Ban: Banned from Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Forensic Technician, Security Officer, Security Cadet - Employed more than permitted force on a hulked vampire, shooting at them lethally without any attempts to stun/detain. Excessive shooting also resulted in the venting of the brig. Per your previous entries, this is a clear case of you valid hunting and not thinking things appropriately. This is a permanent security department job ban, which you may appeal no date before 27/07.

Reason for Appeal: I've taken about over a month off my previous appeal to play some more on the server, granted it was difficult for me to play at times because I was occupied with applying for a student visa. I also find it hard because of timezone, here in Dubai, when I usually go on my computer at around the afternoon-evening time the server has a really low population making for slow rounds without much RP. Regardless, I hope I've been able to provided enough of a sample of my play to judge this appeal off of. I did pick up one admin intervention, but that was due to my characters knowledge of being able to repair a prosthetic, which was later dismissed. I've taken this time to me more mindful of how I play, and not rush into situations without thinking because it can ruin people's game. Honestly, I really miss playing as a security officer, and i'm ready to reform my entire playstyle as I hope I've demonstrated.

Aboshehab has asked me to handle this unban request so I will be reviewing the appeal.

Reason for Appeal: I've taken about over a month off my previous appeal...

This doesn't seem to be the case? It has been 17 days since you posted your last appeal; much less than a month.

With that said, you have taken what Aboshehab said to heart and have been playing a lot of rounds as your main character in the civilian department. That is good to see. However.

You acknowledge here that you were contacted by staff, and you have a note from that interaction.

On the one hand, you say you've realized the problems with your previous playstyle, but on the other you acquire another note for powergamey behavior, in the same vein as the type of thing you were banned for.

Why should you be given another chance at playing security, after having multiple, when basic rules are still seeming to be an issue?

Aboshehab has asked me to handle this unban request so I will be reviewing the appeal.

Reason for Appeal: I've taken about over a month off my previous appeal...

This doesn't seem to be the case? It has been 17 days since you posted your last appeal; much less than a month.

With that said, you have taken what Aboshehab said to heart and have been playing a lot of rounds as your main character in the civilian department. That is good to see. However.

You acknowledge here that you were contacted by staff, and you have a note from that interaction.

On the one hand, you say you've realized the problems with your previous playstyle, but on the other you acquire another note for powergamey behavior, in the same vein as the type of thing you were banned for.

Why should you be given another chance at playing security, after having multiple, when basic rules are still seeming to be an issue?

I made the appeal on the 30th of june, it’s now august, it’s been more than 17 days im sure. I counted 44 days since the last appeal, either that or im doing the math wrong, in that case, I apologize.

Also I had tried to explain why my character carrying a toolbelt wasnt powergaming, I genuinely just want to have a toolbelt around, i’ve used the tools before in the bar with moving tables and basic construction. Along that, it also looks kinda nice on my character model, a whole mechanic type of vibe that i’ve been going for when playing as an assistant.

I’ve really tried to avoid powergaming at all, one round I was offered to use a Durand to take down raiders on the station and didn’t make much use of it because of the fear of being taken into an admin situation. Really the whole toolbelt thing was a misunderstanding, the moderator who talked to me about it later allowed me to have it after we agreed that there’s no need for me to carry a multitool or insul gloves around (i picked them up because they were on the table in surface tool storage) and after that i’ve never repeated that same mistake. I won’t even have tools when playing as a sec officer so me carrying a belt wasn’t powergaming, honestly. Aside from this I don’t believe i’ve broken any other rules.