Incident Report 18/08/2460

Reporting Personnel: Kere'Selsh Qorina

Job Title of Reporting Personnel: Station Engineer

Game ID: Three rounds before bVT-dK2A

Personnel Involved: (Name, Job Title: Offender/Witness/Other)

- Pentrra Al-Kandari (Offender)

- Ivy Simmons (Witness)

- Ryliab Weeshib (Witness)

- Uriel Evans (Witness)

- Nikit Vasili (Witness)

Time of Incident:

Real time: 19:30, 17/08/2018

Location of Incident: Engineering/Engine Room/Stationwide

Nature of Incident:

[]Workplace Hazard

[]Accident/Injury

[]Destruction of Property

[]Neglect of Duty

[x]Harassment

[]Assault

[x]Misconduct

[]Other _____ (Place an x in the box that applies. If other, replace line and specify.)

Overview of the Incident:

I was thawed from cryogenics some way into the shift, the apprentice (Ivy Simmons) was particularly relieved at this fact as they did not know how to set up the engine. I offered to train them, to which they accepted. There was plenty of time to get things started, there was enough power in capacitors, and station would not fail if the first few minutes ended with a handful of dark rooms. I was not made aware of any power outages either via comms or by engineering colleagues.

Throughout the training of Ivy Simmons, Al-Kandari was interrupting with orders that they demanded be completed immediately and without question, despite the obvious training being carried out. I hope I do not need to remind anyone that training is an integral part of a chief engineer's job and is not something they should dismiss and halt immediately.

Following what Al-Kandari deemed "lack of discipline", I was demoted, carried out by Head of Personnel Ryliab Weeshib. I accept these charges if that is what it is called when politely declining to carry out unreasonable requests given in an extremely rude manner. I had initially brought this up to the captain at the time, Uriel Evans, who listened to my concerns and requested a conversation with Al-Kandari. During their conversation I learned that there had been complaining about power failures, though not in channels I was connected to, nor was this information passed on to me.

Comments that I need "thicker skin" are both childish and unnecessary.

I would also like to mention that the chief engineer's professional conduct on radio and in person were abysmal.

I have included Nikit Vasili in this report as he encountered Al-Kandari in the line of his own job, and he noted the unprofessional attitude and demeanor that he was exhibiting.

I would like to stress that I have worked under many Chiefs during my time on the Aurora, and never have I even considered the professional conduct of any of them to be in question. I do not feel comfortable working with Al-Kandari, as they foster a hostile work environment and outright dismiss the needs of our junior staff.

Did you report it to a Head of Department or IAA? If so, who?: Reported at the time to Ryliab Weeshib, Head of Personnel, and Uriel Evans, Captain, who handled the initial complaint. I do not think the situation was dealt with before transfer was called.

Actions taken: As mentioned earlier, a meeting was called between the Chief Engineer and the Captain, that I was sitting in on, in order for Al-Kandari to deliver their side of the issue. Al-Kandari requested a private conversation with the Captain afterwards, I do not know the outcome of that conversation.

Additional Notes: I understand this issue was brought up in-shift, but I do not think it was completely resolved. Please find attached demotion paperwork:

vh5mKJs.png

TO: Kere'Selsh Qorina, Station Engineer, NSS Aurora

SUBJECT: RE: Incident Report

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that your incident report has been received and placed in a queue for the CCIA office to review.

If necessary, you will be contacted by a CCIA Agent when an investigation begins.

--------------------

DTG: 17-20:33-TAU CETI STANDARD-08-2460

SIGN: CCIAAMS

--------------------

BODY:

This is an automated message to inform you that an investigation has now been opened regarding your incident report, and assigned to CCIAA Frank Wirtz (ToasterRoboto).

You may be contacted by the CCIAA for an interview, or you may contact them directly if you have any questions.

--------------------

DTG: 19-18:26-TCS-08-2460

SIGN: CCIAAMS

• 1 month later...

--------------------

BODY:

The investigation of this incident has concluded, and appropriate action has been taken for affected individuals.

This matter will now be considered resolved.

--------------------

DTG: 27-11:28-TAU CETI STANDARD-09-2460

SIGN: Liesel M.~