Talon Hatfield's Embroidered Coat

BYOND Key: DronzTheWolf

Character name: Talon Hatfield

Item name: Embroidered Coat

Why is your character carrying said item to work?

It's a long coat that he has sewn some identifying patches to and reveals a bit about his character. One is the Solarian flag, one is a Planetary Defence Force patch, and on the back is one of the symbols of the Martian PDF: The golden Solarian sun over a red mars. It doesn't really hurt NT to wear such personal affects, especially considering he'd not be wearing it all the time due to his position as a shaft miner. It'd be little more than just a coat, something he can use to bring up conversations.[/hr]

Item function(s): A coat that has one or two pockets and works as a good conversation starter. It opens and closes.

Item description: A Martian long coat, made to fend off dust storms and other unpleasantries. This one has a few patches sewn into it depicting: A Solarian flag, a Batallion number, and a large sun.

Item appearance:

• Open: TalonCoat.pngTalonCoat2.png
    TalonCoat3.png
    TalonCoat4.png

• Closed: TalonCoatC1.png
    TalonCoatC2.png
    TalonCoatC3.png
    TalonCoatC4.png

• In-hand: TalonCoatH.png

How will you use this to better interact with crew and/or stimulate RP?

It will stipulate people to ask questions about the patches, the coat, and ultimately why Talon is here, on the station, as well as set him up to be targeted by political-leaning characters due to his more obvious ties to Sol.

Additional comments: I sprited this myself when I was tired and bored, and if you have any questions about this item, go ahead and ask! I also encourage you to critique anything and everything here, you can't improve without feedback. Be it in RP or art.

Addendum: It's patched as in it has identifying patches sewn on, not patched like it's ripped up.

Addendum 2: Changed the name and description.

Edited by Guest

but this item for JIX is literally the most cliche thing in the history of ever. It's literally always "oh, my coat is torn up" or "oh, my coat is torn up, but hastily/shittily patched", and I'm starting to lose my mind over the number of applications I've accepted that are literally just "Oh, I wear broken and/or patched clothes to my professional space station job for a mega corporation."

Not gonna lie, I'm probably going to go take lessons from Kurt Cobain on purchasing home defense weapons and garage redecoration if I have to straight up accept another torn clothing application.

Going to put this here from a different app as it applies to your application.

Going to put this here from a different app as it applies to your application.

It's not patched as in torn up/patched. It's patched as in it has identifying patches sewn on, like one would sew to a jacket. Like how a biking club or something similar would. I don't know why everyone automatically assumes it's hobo-teir ripped up coat because muh Mars. I edited the original post's additional comments to clarify.

Another addition: In-hand sprite.

I don't know why everyone automatically assumes it's hobo-teir ripped up coat because muh Mars.

Because just "patched" with no further explanation lends itself to exactly that. Especially when you consider that every single "patched" jacket application that's ever existed here was exactly that and you simply said "has patches sewn on it". The assumption has zero to do with "muh Mars" or whatever you're going on about there. You should include in the desc. just what exactly those patches are for people that don't understand what a jumble of pixels on it are meant to be since it's an important part of the item. The assumption falls entirely on the original presentation you created to start with.

I don't know why everyone automatically assumes it's hobo-teir ripped up coat because muh Mars.

Because just "patched" with no further explanation lends itself to exactly that. Especially when you consider that every single "patched" jacket application that's ever existed here was exactly that and you simply said "has patches sewn on it". The assumption has zero to do with "muh Mars" or whatever you're going on about there. You should include in the desc. just what exactly those patches are for people that don't understand what a jumble of pixels on it are meant to be since it's an important part of the item. The assumption falls entirely on the original presentation you created to start with.

Yeah, you're right. I should have gone further into detail on the original post, I'll go ahead and edit this.

I should stop posting when I'm tired.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...