Senpai Jackboot

Character names:

Azkuyua Triaka

Fereydoun Nioathi

Rajii'rkalahk Jurlkiitajr

Urzkrauzi Vizili

Ersz Liemz

Rhazajun Rhazakal-Jawdat

The rest are mundane one-offs only in the roster for memorabilia, or event characters.

How long have you been playing on Aurora?:

Since early 2015.

Why do you wish to be on the whitelist?:

Command has the most potential to facilitate fun and engagement for the rest of the players in a round, and this is why I enjoy playing.

Why did you come to Aurora?:

Heavy roleplay with antagonists is a niche that Aurora fills better than other servers.

Have you read the Aurora wiki on the head roles and qualifications you plan on playing?:

Yes.

Have you received any administrative actions? And how serious were they?

Yes. I previously lost my command whitelist for inconsistencies in my head of personnel Jawdat when responding to antagonists. The bravery of the character was not necessarily seen as consistent, as he sheltered in maintenance in one encounter and brought a cargo technician on an expedition in another.

Please provide well articulated answers to the following questions in a paragraph each.

Give a definition of what you think roleplay is, and should be about:

Roleplay is creating a character within a set universe. That character then behaves as that character through you within this universe. For Aurora, that means when I make a character, I am responding not as myself but as that character. It is creating a world or at least participating in a world from within and not from without. A contrast are servers where there is no roleplay - I would play a character who is just a direct avatar of myself. Everything that a character does in roleplay should be done through that character itself. Good roleplay grows from this to be everyone working together to live in this world vicariously through the diverse characters as those characters.

What do you think the OOC purpose of a Head of Staff is, ingame?:

Command is the most powerful tool to foster or inhibit a round's progression, and they control how a round develops. Irregardless of in-game procedures and policy and regulations, heads of staff are the ones with their feet on the pedal and brake. The only ones that have more power over a round's progression than a head of staff are the antagonists, but even then how head of staff respond to an antagonist is very important. Heads of staff are meant to be trainers and flak-takers for the department they are running. They are responsible for the players and characters in their departments and should work to keep them all involved, engaged, and entertained.

What do you think the OOC responsibilities of Whitelisted players are to other players, and how would you strive to uphold them?:

A head of staff needs to be acting in good faith to make sure that as many people as is possible and reasonable are getting the most they can out of a round. They are the directors for round progression. A Head of Staff should always proliferate engagement for players and characters. A head of staff needs to be acting in good faith to make sure that as many people as is possible and reasonable are getting the most they can out of a round. They are the directors for round progression. A Head of Staff should always proliferate engagement for players and characters. This means being as approachable as possible and using our powers to ensure all players are able to participate in a round fairly. A major part of this is always saying "yes!" when a player wants to start or participate in a particular gimmick, event, or festival on the station. While it needs to make sense and not be something like giving janitors access to the vault for a birthday party, it is very important that heads of staff assume good faith from people. Even if a player's plan falls apart, they often appreciate being given the chance. Heads of staff should be the "yes!" that players receive to do special business.

Could you give us the gist of what is currently happening in Tau Ceti and how it affected your character and their career?

The fallout from the original invasion of admiral frost and the recent invasion by the lii'dra has proliferated incredible polarization and racism within factions of people in tau ceti. The small republic is struggling with its identity as a cosmopolitan nation. This has created trouble for the unathi detective Liemz. As a Si'akh unathi fleeing persecution his worldview is one of a constant cycle of seeking redemption through proving himself to Sk'akh. The rise in animosity and factionalization reminds him of the climate on Moghes as the world succumbed to anger, animosity, and fear of the unknown before the ultimate Judgement Day. The recent events have made him strive to understand Vaurca better, as they are the marginalized underclass suffering the most at the hands of growing xenophobia within the human community of tau ceti. This is a large reason why he is in his field of investigation, because he wants to remain proactive in solving crimes and bringing justice to victims of violence or crime, and ensuring that eventually through these deeds he will be assured to not have to reincarnate in the wasteland of Moghes like he has countless times before.

What roles do you plan on playing after the application is accepted?

head of personnel, head of security, and chief medical officer.

Characters you intend to use for command or have created for command. Include the job they will be taking.:

Rhazajun-Rhazakal Jawdat, head of personnel.

Azkuyua Triaka, head of security.

Fereydoun Nioathi, chief medical officer.

How would you rate your own roleplaying?:

7/10.

Do you understand your whitelist is not permanent, and may be stripped following continuous administrative action?

Yes.

Have you familiarize yourself with the wiki pages for the command roles?

Yes.

Extra notes:

A more in-depth view on my philosophy for Command play is in my manifesto.

https://forums.aurorastation.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11623

So I wanted to look at you closer and give feedback, read feedback etc.

Now there isn't much feedback here, so I elected to ask around in whitelist chat. Sadly with the summer vacation ending nobody has had much time and I haven't gotten much back about your playstyle.

So I decided to just be simply technical and check the WI.

The output the WI gave me are two rounds as Liemz and about 5 rounds as assistants (and chef) after your whitelist was removed.

One of the main concerns during the incident was that there was an issue with character consistency and breaking character. In order to perpetuates ones ideas, gimmicks or round plans.

The very, very low amount of actual feedback, besides +1's, reinforces this idea that nobody has really met you or know any of your characters enough to give constructive feedback.

We don't rely on player feedback only of course, but you have promised to play Jawdat in his non-command form which I believe is detective looking at the round history. Playing Jawdat in his non-command job for at least a week or two would honestly be 100% satisfactory. Mainly due to the fact that such a job is very RP centric and noticable making it easy to garner proper feedback.

But besides the amount of playtime, I have no issue with the rest of the application. I like the importance you put on player engagement and which you tone down by saying "within reason" (although sometimes reasonable is debatable). Lore is on point but that is expected really.

Yeah, increase in playtime and there'll be no issue really.

Other than Jawdat, the other cats names are just familiar, 3 more familiar than the other 2. I mean look at those names, I couldn't even pronounce them if I tried but yeah, I've had a fair few good rounds as command staff with Jawdat and also as other members of crew, especially as security where Jawdat was a good leader in rev rounds and the like. The cat crew all kinda keep to their own but I haven't had any problems with them but they act like the cool cats I expect them to be. Yeah I probably should have written more, but I didn't really know Jackboot had lost their whitelist seeing as this app was only made like 2 days ago.

It's Jackboot's damn Power Rangers gif, hypnotizes me everytime. I dunno how often I've ended up staring at it.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

So I wanted to look at you closer and give feedback, read feedback etc.

Now there isn't much feedback here, so I elected to ask around in whitelist chat. Sadly with the summer vacation ending nobody has had much time and I haven't gotten much back about your playstyle.

So I decided to just be simply technical and check the WI.

The output the WI gave me are two rounds as Liemz and about 5 rounds as assistants (and chef) after your whitelist was removed.

One of the main concerns during the incident was that there was an issue with character consistency and breaking character. In order to perpetuates ones ideas, gimmicks or round plans.

The very, very low amount of actual feedback, besides +1's, reinforces this idea that nobody has really met you or know any of your characters enough to give constructive feedback.

We don't rely on player feedback only of course, but you have promised to play Jawdat in his non-command form which I believe is detective looking at the round history. Playing Jawdat in his non-command job for at least a week or two would honestly be 100% satisfactory. Mainly due to the fact that such a job is very RP centric and noticable making it easy to garner proper feedback.

But besides the amount of playtime, I have no issue with the rest of the application. I like the importance you put on player engagement and which you tone down by saying "within reason" (although sometimes reasonable is debatable). Lore is on point but that is expected really.

Yeah, increase in playtime and there'll be no issue really.

I will continue to play Jawdat in a non-command capacity. But to be clear, you are asking for him to be played in non-command for this duration, and then he can go back to Command if the whitelist is accepted?

Boots has an additive playstyle that tries to include players, in reality, Jackboots is the only good cultist I have ever seen, bar none. As for their characters themselves, I have only ever interacted with Jawdat as a station AI, so my interactions were always from a distance. I would be lying if I said they were not silly at times, but this is by no means a negative. Their head of security, Azkuyua Triakais probably the best unathi HoS in recent memory.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Marlon Phoenix

Sorry for the massive delay, trial beings today and ends on the 16th of October

Oh no! I never saw this post. I never got a ping for it. I would have asked for an extension.

I started a new job this week. It winds down this weekend then i can start playing for the trial starting tonight.

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Something that's popped up is that you haven't played at ALL during this week. Why?

I would have asked that the trial began this week. I have been training for my new job this week and i did not notice the trial post.

Seeing Jackboot make his grand return, I have some concerns. I seem to recall there being issues with infighting with command before, and I worry this has not improved yet.

I'm going to try to present the following as fairly as possible as a note, because I'm really not looking for a fight here.

So, we interacted a little on Heist, me as CMO, Jackboot as HoS. We immediately fought as a visitor threw trash on my floor and refused to pick it up. It the usual Fernando over-reacting-over-petty-bullshit way, I called the medical lockdown and told the visitor they could leave once they threw away their trash. This is absolutely questionable , on my part, I know, but the fact that Jackboot immediately jumped to threatening kidnapping charges was also hugely problematic.

01.png.6c02fe928d223f822b82017be2cd1b4e.png

My next issue, in the same round, were some communication issues. We all know OOCly that comms are compromised in heist, but I feel like acting like they are is kind of metagaming, and that command has an obligation to communicate with one another. I'm not sure an HoS should ever be saying the following to command when they're asked to brief them without knowing for certain comms are compromised.

IMG_2740.JPG.55fd3aceda345cf333fb70113a4a0fb4.JPG

03.png.f9cb2eec506ddadcf0b3b3f7f9a631d9.png

That all being said, I have some questions while you are on trial.

Is this a playstyle you intend to keep for your characters? Do you believe your levels of communication were acceptable? How would you possibly improve upon them? Do you intend to try and improve upon some of the past complaints of being overly aggressive and argumentative with command, or do you consider that a nonissue?

02.png.44c84fefad2c0b571cb5e040b2843852.png

Guest Marlon Phoenix

Resi you let me in to do a walk of medical to see the new layout and talk to people since I had no staff in my own department.

A visitor dropped a bag of chips on the floor and you engaged the lockdown procedures, trapping the visitor and me and everyone else in medic. You refused to disengage lockdown. I said you were kidnapping us and talked to the hop for what would be the best response.

You bolted to the cmo office and faxed ccia about me trying to arrest you, when I didnt. I gave you a warning to not abuse your power to lock down the entire medical bay because of a bag of chips. You made the head of security have to pull a visitor through sub level maintenence to escape.

And yes I got mad at you. You opened talked about a planned security ambush on the command radio when I was in visible range to you. You could have said it out loud. You did it over the radio intentionally.

I didnt even arrest you and I gave you a warning and you still put me and my staff at risk of bodily harm and locked down an entire department with emergency quarantine procedures over litter.

It took all my power to keep my blade sheathed.... ie it was hard to not arrest you for your craziness

Guest Marlon Phoenix

I was not argumentative, I communicated with you the entire time. You are the one that was playing in bad faith and acting super crazy. I cant just ignore the stuff you were doing. If I did what you did and enacted the brig lockdown and got you trapped you would be screaming bloody murder.....

I communicated with the hop about how to even deal with what you were doing. I consider that good communication.

I feel like you're using your status and authority in Command as a bludgeon to get your way and are attacking me during my trial as intimidation to get your way in the future.

Please guys at least ping each other if you're not going to quote each other because one of you doesn't have thread tracking on and the other one isn't an owner of this thread and there is a lot of discussion going on.

[mention]Resilynn[/mention] here is a ping so you can find this and respond to it.

If anything, that looks incredibly poorly on Fernando's play. Anyway. I happened to be in that round as heister. Jackboot is probably the most fair HoS I've seen. Any other one would've immediately leapt to lethals to deal with my team, but Jackboot insisted on talking to us/using nonlethal intent. +1

I was there in the round for the Medbay incidents in question and while taken off guard by Jackboot's behavior, personally I didn't find it too extreme, but rather interesting. The one issue to me is the seemingly unnatural jump to the conclusion that Command channel was compromised when there wasn't anything in-character to support it other than being a bit too cautious. Raiders have the channels for a reason, it defeats the purpose of this if we're just going to start pre-emptively treating radio as if they're listening every time raiders/mercs appear. Even if we OOCly know that it's compromised, it's a matter of sportsmanship to treat them as normal until proven otherwise. Gonzales locking down the entire medbay over a chip bag on the lobby floor, and immediately tattling to Central Command over it instead of speaking to the Captain, is more extreme than anything Jackboot's done yet, though I won't get into how often he seems to pull stunts like this since it's not the point of the thread. Overall I've been liking Jackboot's return to command so far

Guest Marlon Phoenix

The raiders had shown a weird precognition in a few small areas that triaka was playing it safe for the one specific ambush. Once the ambush was foiled the radio was used again when necessary but otherwise they chatted since the 2 officers were in a team.

It was caution and the theory was proven when the raiders mentioned someone said on security later. At the time of the attempted ambush it was a hunch due to some cues triaka noticed.

Thank you paradox for mentioning the use of nonlethal. Triaka character is one where my threshold for going lethal is very high. I try to play hos with leniency. Lots of parole and warnings.

It is hard and awkward to play this way when the person is a fellow command member and you have no captain.... so in those situations I hold a dialogue with other command.

Hello! I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring with Senpai here.

I played a couple of rounds with them, and two of their characters: Azkuyua Triaka and Rhazajun Rhazakal-Jawdat

Azkuyua was a great head of security, as a cadet I really enjoyed that they got me involved with the role play, and gave me tasks that made the round fun and immersive. They promoted my character Kevin Adams to detective during a vampire round, and I had a lot of fun interacting with them and attempting to solve the mysterious blood losses around the station. Overall they were very responsive and attentive even with a very chaotic round with lots of things going on. They weren't overly bossy, and gave a lot of leeway to how the other officers wanted to play things. Essentially it was the perfect blend of authority and cooperation, something I enjoy in a head of security player.

They have my full recommendation! +1